Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Doug Kanter

Default New England ice fishing

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Any fellow Yankees planning to do any ice fishing over the holidays?
If so, where, and what do you expect to catch, aside from pneumonia?

Last time I was ice fishing was about three years ago, in Ontario. It was
too damned cold for me to enjoy it more than an hour at a time.

To get back to the question at hand: Maybe. There are days when the ice is
thick, the temp's in the 30s, it's sunny, and the wind is minimal. The same
types of days when you can change your wiper blades without your fingers
getting numb. I've never ice fished because the logic of the thing seems
faulty. In order to check the thickness of the nice, you have to get out on
the ice. Hmm. But, a friend's been doing it for years and swears he knows
how to judge the ice safely. We'll see. There are perch to be had. Tons of
perch. And, lake trout & pike.

New England ice fishing [email protected] General 1 December 19th 05 09:22 PM
New England ice fishing Don White General 1 December 17th 05 11:53 PM
New England ice fishing JohnH General 1 December 17th 05 11:51 PM
New commercial fishing regulations considered........ [email protected] General 10 December 17th 05 06:27 AM
fishing from sit in Joe McIntosh General 9 December 17th 05 02:41 AM