Wayne.B

Default New England ice fishing

On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 12:12:02 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

Any fellow Yankees planning to do any ice fishing over the holidays?
If so, where, and what do you expect to catch, aside from pneumonia?

=========================

No. One of my goals in moving to Florida was to never again be
outside in freezing weather. So far, so good.

Eisboch

wrote:

Any fellow Yankees planning to do any ice fishing over the holidays?
If so, where, and what do you expect to catch, aside from pneumonia?

=========================

No. One of my goals in moving to Florida was to never again be
outside in freezing weather. So far, so good.

I am having a difficult time adjusting to this weather. The past four
winters in Florida have spoiled me, that's for sure. Damn!, it's cold
outside. Driveways are black ice - gotta schuffle along, never lifting a
foot off the ground to avoid falling on your ass.

Eisboch

Wayne.B

On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 14:44:51 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

Driveways are black ice - gotta schuffle along, never lifting a
foot off the ground to avoid falling on your ass.

====================================

That works most of the time, and then bammm, down you go, most times
before you know what hit you. I grew up in the upstate NY snow belt,
averaging 200+ inches per winter. Never again if I can help it.

Don White

wrote:

Any fellow Yankees planning to do any ice fishing over the holidays?
If so, where, and what do you expect to catch, aside from pneumonia?

=========================

No. One of my goals in moving to Florida was to never again be
outside in freezing weather. So far, so good.

I am having a difficult time adjusting to this weather. The past four
winters in Florida have spoiled me, that's for sure. Damn!, it's cold
outside. Driveways are black ice - gotta schuffle along, never lifting a
foot off the ground to avoid falling on your ass.

Eisboch

But a good lawn type 'Broadcast Spreader', and keep a big supply of sand
or rock salt handy & covered. Those things usually cover an 8 foot
swath so once down & back up should make it safer. I fell hard on a
city sidewalk one year and it took me a month to recover.... I must have
bruised my ribs.

Eisboch

"Don White" wrote in message

But a good lawn type 'Broadcast Spreader', and keep a big supply of sand
or rock salt handy & covered. Those things usually cover an 8 foot swath
so once down & back up should make it safer. I fell hard on a city
sidewalk one year and it took me a month to recover.... I must have
bruised my ribs.

That's a great idea. The other day (after our latest snow) I was driving
down a back road and saw a guy pushing a spreader across his yard. At first
I laughed because it looked so unnatural until I realized what he was doing.

I wonder if the Home Depot or Lowes carries them this time of year.

Eisboch

Dan Krueger

wrote:

Any fellow Yankees planning to do any ice fishing over the holidays?
If so, where, and what do you expect to catch, aside from pneumonia?

=========================

No. One of my goals in moving to Florida was to never again be
outside in freezing weather. So far, so good.

I am having a difficult time adjusting to this weather. The past four
winters in Florida have spoiled me, that's for sure. Damn!, it's cold
outside. Driveways are black ice - gotta schuffle along, never lifting a
foot off the ground to avoid falling on your ass.

Eisboch

I remember the shuffling well and don't miss it a bit.

69º and holding here.

Dan

New commercial fishing regulations considered........ [email protected] General 10 December 17th 05 06:27 AM
fishing from sit in Joe McIntosh General 9 December 17th 05 02:41 AM
Gone Fishing *JimH* General 1 November 13th 05 09:32 AM
Hot Fishing Butch Davis General 4 November 11th 05 12:13 AM
New Fishing Website MidwestAngling.com General 1 October 19th 05 01:10 AM