posted to rec.boats.paddle
Socemdog

Default Grand Canyon pix

Thanks, Bill for the great link. A fabulous photo/video essay! Who was the
photog?

Also, thanks for the diversion . . .

Robin

"Bill Tuthill" wrote in message ...
Here are some excellent pictures and commentary (not mine,
9 pages total) from a Grand Canyon trip last month:

http://nccreeks.com/grand/

Since this newsgroup is mostly echo-noise between two guys
now, I doubt this announcement will overburden their server.

posted to rec.boats.paddle
Bill Tuthill

Leland Davis is the author and photographer, I believe.
He appears to be the author of a river guidebook to N Carolina.

Socemdog wrote:
Thanks, Bill for the great link. A fabulous photo/video essay! Who was the
photog? Also, thanks for the diversion . . .
Robin

Here are some excellent pictures and commentary (not mine,
9 pages total) from a Grand Canyon trip last month:

http://nccreeks.com/grand/

Since this newsgroup is mostly echo-noise between two guys
now, I doubt this announcement will overburden their server.

posted to rec.boats.paddle
Socemdog

I know who Leland is - one of the great extreme boaters from Western North
Carolina. I know he wasn't in raft!!

Socemdog wrote:
Thanks, Bill for the great link. A fabulous photo/video essay! Who was

the
photog? Also, thanks for the diversion . . .
Robin

Here are some excellent pictures and commentary (not mine,
9 pages total) from a Grand Canyon trip last month:

http://nccreeks.com/grand/

Since this newsgroup is mostly echo-noise between two guys
now, I doubt this announcement will overburden their server.

posted to rec.boats.paddle
Bill Tuthill

Socemdog wrote:

http://nccreeks.com/grand/

Thanks, Bill for the great link. A fabulous photo/video essay!
Who was the photog? Also, thanks for the diversion... Robin

Leland Davis is the author and photographer, I believe.
He appears to be the author of a river guidebook to N Carolina.

I know who Leland is - one of the great extreme boaters from
Western North Carolina. I know he wasn't in raft!!

Are you sure that's not Northern West Carolina?

Au contraire, the guy rowing the big Chub seems to be the narrator,
and he never appears in a picture until page next6.html, standing
in front of the Thunder River in a picture entitled "leland..."

BTW, the Thunder River is one of only a few rivers in the world
that flows into a creek, Tapeats Creek.

posted to rec.boats.paddle
Wilko

Socemdog wrote:
I know who Leland is - one of the great extreme boaters from Western North
Carolina. I know he wasn't in raft!!

Robin, have you talked to Leland recently? (BTW: he's wearing a beard in
those pictures) He's definately into rafting as well!

Considering everything he's paddled so far, I'm not at all surprised by
him rafting. :-)

Wilko

--
Wilko van den Bergh wilko(a t)dse(d o t)nl
Eindhoven The Netherlands Europe

posted to rec.boats.paddle
Noone

Wilko wrote:

Socemdog wrote:
I know who Leland is - one of the great extreme boaters from Western North
Carolina. I know he wasn't in raft!!

Robin, have you talked to Leland recently? (BTW: he's wearing a beard in
those pictures) He's definately into rafting as well!

Considering everything he's paddled so far, I'm not at all surprised by
him rafting. :-)

Wilko

Good to see everyone gives in to pushing rubber sooner or later.

Blakely

posted to rec.boats.paddle
Wilko van den Bergh

Hey Blakely, I don't mind using rubber for other things...

(Nah, not that! ;-))

....such as wrist gaskets on my paddling jacket! But actually paddling
such a floating undercut? Not for some time to come! :-)

Good to see some familiar faces here! :-)

--
Wilko van den Bergh wilkoa t)dse(d otnl
Eindhoven The Netherlands Europe
---Look at the possibilities, don't worry about the limitations.---
http://kayaker.nl/

posted to rec.boats.paddle
riverman

railtramp!!

Nice to see your (new) sig! How are you?

--riverman

posted to rec.boats.paddle
Noone

riverman wrote:

railtramp!!

Nice to see your (new) sig! How are you?

--riverman

Riverman!

Been good. Have not done much lately except get older. I still post as
Railtramp, but as it is an AOL account, the only newsgroup support is
via Google. I do most of my reading on the company account and will
occaisonally post from here. Normally, I try to keep the same signature
lines, but I got lazy on that last one.

Where are you at these days? You were headed to Hong Kong last time we
touched base. At least you are more out of harms way than you were in
the Congo.

Planning the winter lottery draws for rafting trips. I will need late
summer dates if I apply since we will be doing a midsummer vacation trip
to Finland. So looking forward to that.

I will take some time between the holidays and send you an nice long
email at your yahoo address.

Blakely

---
Blakely LaCroix