posted to rec.boats.paddle
Bill Tuthill

Default Grand Canyon pix

Socemdog wrote:

http://nccreeks.com/grand/

Thanks, Bill for the great link. A fabulous photo/video essay!
Who was the photog? Also, thanks for the diversion... Robin

Leland Davis is the author and photographer, I believe.
He appears to be the author of a river guidebook to N Carolina.

I know who Leland is - one of the great extreme boaters from
Western North Carolina. I know he wasn't in raft!!

Are you sure that's not Northern West Carolina?

Au contraire, the guy rowing the big Chub seems to be the narrator,
and he never appears in a picture until page next6.html, standing
in front of the Thunder River in a picture entitled "leland..."

BTW, the Thunder River is one of only a few rivers in the world
that flows into a creek, Tapeats Creek.