John H.

Default Are these Jim's Xmas decorations?

On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 06:28:49 -0500, Harry Krause wrote:

Everything I know about name-calling, snarkiness, and really bad
manners, I learned from your examples.

You were making your name-calling reputation way before I arrived, Harold.

That reminds me of a song:

"Hark, the 'Harold' angels sing,
glory to the newborn King!"

--
John H

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Wishing you peace, fellowship, and good humor as we celebrate the birth of our Lord, Jesus Christ on the Christmas Holy Day.

Bert Robbins wrote:
"John H." wrote in message
On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 11:58:43 -0500, Harry Krause

Harry Krause wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/brcw7

--
Support our troops in Iraq: bring them home.

I'm less than completely convinced. Did you notice the peace symbol
between the front door and the window to the right? I would struggle to
form an image of JimH as a closet hippie. Sorry.

I saw that. If I could find a large enough one, I'd put something
similar on my lawn for the season.

Isn't it amazing that "the phrase" of Christmas, "Peace on Earth and
Good Will Towards Men," is a concept so despised by the righties?

Isn't it a shame that the word "Christmas" is so despised by the
lefties?

I don't think it is despised rather the lefties are afraid of Christmas and
what it represents each year. Anything the is higher than the eminence of
the state has to be crushed and removed from the minds of all.

Then riddle me this: Why are so many right wing Christians *desperate*
to establish a Christian theocracy in the US? If religion is so much
more powerful than the state, why all this talk lately about making
Christianity the de-facto religion of the US since more than 51% of the
populace claims to be Christian? Why would you care whether the state
is there to "prop up" your beliefs?

John H.

On 5 Dec 2005 07:15:03 -0800, wrote:

Harry Krause wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/brcw7

--
[...]

You must be watching too much Pat Robertson, or one of those other guys making all the money on TV.
Where is 'all this talk about making Christianity the de-facto religion of the US'? Maybe I don't
get the same cable channels you get.

Harry Krause wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/brcw7

--
[...]

You might check the recent posts to this very NG from back in the Wash.
DC area. We had one guy
actually state that Christmas was the national "holy-day". I don't
think it was Pat Robertson, either.

Did you see where Jerry Falwell is threatening to file suit against
companies or oganizations who sponsor "holiday" parties? He says that
calling the office drunk fest and butt-goosing extravaganza
a "holiday" party improperly removes Christ from Christmas. Who would
have known?

John H.

On 5 Dec 2005 17:11:01 -0800, wrote:

John H. wrote:
On 5 Dec 2005 07:15:03 -0800,
wrote:

Harry Krause wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/brcw7

--
[...]

Gosh, that must have been a cool guy. Do you really think he is 'desperate' to establish a Christian
theocracy in the US? Is he as desperate as the most desperate of the desperate housewives?

Did you see where Jerry Falwell is threatening to file suit against
companies or oganizations who sponsor "holiday" parties? He says that
calling the office drunk fest and butt-goosing extravaganza
a "holiday" party improperly removes Christ from Christmas. Who would
have known?

No. If he did, then he's being as ridiculous, IHMO, on the religious extreme as you are on the
secular extreme.

Did you ever watch your grandkids open presents under the Christmas tree, Chuck?

John H.

On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 21:27:53 -0500, John H. wrote:

On 5 Dec 2005 17:11:01 -0800, wrote:

John H. wrote:
On 5 Dec 2005 07:15:03 -0800,
wrote:

Harry Krause wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/brcw7

--
[...]

Whoops! Make that "IMHO".
Bryan

wrote in message
oups.com...

John H. wrote:
Did you see where Jerry Falwell is threatening to file suit against
companies or oganizations who sponsor "holiday" parties? He says that
calling the office drunk fest and butt-goosing extravaganza
a "holiday" party improperly removes Christ from Christmas. Who would
have known?

That does it. I wasn't sure if I was going to the office holiday party this
Friday. Now I have to go. And to honor JF I'm going to get good and drunk
and goose a few coworkers butts extravagantly.

And to make it even more in honor of JF, I work in San Francisco where my
coworkers are hetero americans, gay americans, catholic americans,
protestant americans, jewish americans, buddhist americans, hindu americans,
muslim americans, white americans, black americans, etc. Did I leave anyone
out?

I can guarantee we're leaving Christ out of our holiday party. It's not a
church party; it's an office party. Still, it doesn't mean that those of us
who are Christian's are leaving the teachings of Christ out of our lives.

Besides, isn't Christ the same guy who turned water into wine? To make it a
boat thread, Drink up me hearties, yo ho!

John H. wrote:
On Sun, 4 Dec 2005 11:52:05 -0700, "RG" wrote:

The true shame belongs to those who insist in reveling in their ridiculous
left or right worlds, as if it provided some form of refuge. How
constictive and stifling it must be.

Ain't it the truth!

Yes, it is the truth, so why do you do it?.

John H.

On Wed, 07 Dec 2005 06:11:44 GMT, "Bryan" wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...

John H. wrote:
[...]

I didn't write the quote. Chuck wrote the quoted text. I think you should party every day. Who is
JF?