ed

Default Winterizing

Hey everyone, just wanted to get other people opinion on when they winterize
their boats. I am totally amazed by how some people wait till after the
freeze arrives to decide to winterize their boats. When do you all start
your winterization?

Lord Reginald Smithers

Ed,
I winterize the boat around Thanksgiving, or if the weather is forecasted to
drop below 35 degrees. I keep my boat in the water, so it can actually drop
down to 28-30 degrees for short periods without a problem, so I figure the
35 degree forecast gives me some buffer. I have waited as long as Christmas
on some mild winters.

"ed" wrote in message
Hey everyone, just wanted to get other people opinion on when they
winterize their boats. I am totally amazed by how some people wait till
after the freeze arrives to decide to winterize their boats. When do you
all start your winterization?

Here in S. Illinois. my boat stays outside for the most [art, but I
didn't worry about draining the block even when the temp got down to
30.F,

I was jsut hoping for at least one more 50-60 F. weekend, but i dont'
think thats going to happen, so I knew the temp was going to get down
in the teens, so then I started draining and flushing. But even then I
wouldn't have worried about it mch, because by then I could have it in
the garage, whis isn't heated... but is out int he open to where the
roof is always covered by sunlight, and seems to be at least ten
degrees warmer inside than out. but it's drained and stored now. I
suppose I did this the weekend before thanksgiving.

Tim

Winterizing NOYB General 12 November 14th 05 05:36 PM
Winterizing Skipper General 1 November 12th 05 11:53 PM
Winterizing Mr. Smithers General 0 November 12th 05 11:41 PM
Winterizing Checklist Skipper General 27 November 10th 05 02:58 AM