BoatBanter.com

-   -   So where is...................... (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/63234-so-where.html)

*JimH* November 23rd 05 06:51 PM

So where is......................

............everyone going tomorrow for Thanksgiving?

We are headed out to my sisters.

*JimH* November 23rd 05 07:03 PM

So where is......................

" *JimH*" wrote in message
...........everyone going tomorrow for Thanksgiving dinner?

We are headed out to my sisters.

edit: Thanksgiving *dinner*.

NOYB November 23rd 05 07:08 PM

So where is......................

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
If they ever leave.

You planning to give them the Jeffrey Dahmer treatment?

*JimH* November 23rd 05 07:09 PM

So where is......................

*JimH* wrote:
...........everyone going tomorrow for Thanksgiving dinner?

We are headed out to my sisters.

I'm cooking here for a "cast of thousands," or so it seems. Relatives from
Flor-ida, friends from Kenya, Virginia, and South Carolina. Give me your
tired, your weak, your hungry. They won't be hungry when they leave here.
If they ever leave.

So what's on the menu besides the bird?

Sir Rodney Smithers November 23rd 05 07:11 PM

So where is......................

Harry,
Can I come over for some Cherry Pie?

Sir Rodney Smithers November 23rd 05 07:15 PM

So where is......................

I am going to my mother in laws, to have dinner with my wife's side of the
family. When it gets too hectic, and it will, I am going to go off to do
some work on my boat (I keep my boat 15 min. from her home. It makes for a
great break after Thanksgiving Lunch.

John H. November 23rd 05 08:16 PM

So where is......................

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 13:51:11 -0500, " *JimH*" wrote:

...........everyone going tomorrow for Thanksgiving?

We are headed out to my sisters.

We're having the kids and grandkids, my wife's nieces and their boyfriends,
my sister-in-law and husband, and a newly married nephew and his wife over.
I'm hoping a rotisserie turkey, a smoked turkey, and a half ham will be
enough!
--
John H

"It's *not* a baby kicking, beautiful bride, it's only a fetus!"

A Famous Hypocrite

Skipper November 23rd 05 11:05 PM

So where is......................

Harry Krause wrote:

So what's on the menu besides the bird?

Crab dip, cheeses, some kind of mashed potatoes ala Martha Stewart my
wife is making (a prison recipe?), sweet potatoes, fresh string beans,
cornbread stuffing, herb stuffing, homemade rolls, three homemade pies I
just finished baking, couple different wines and a couple of items I'm
sure I have forgotten.

What, no gefilte fish canapes ala carp?

--
Skipper

*JimH* November 23rd 05 11:16 PM

So where is......................

*JimH* wrote:
...........everyone going tomorrow for Thanksgiving dinner?

We are headed out to my sisters.

I'm cooking here for a "cast of thousands," or so it seems. Relatives
from Flor-ida, friends from Kenya, Virginia, and South Carolina. Give me
your tired, your weak, your hungry. They won't be hungry when they leave
here. If they ever leave.

So what's on the menu besides the bird?

Crab dip, cheeses, some kind of mashed potatoes ala Martha Stewart my wife
is making (a prison recipe?), sweet potatoes, fresh string beans,
cornbread stuffing, herb stuffing, homemade rolls, three homemade pies I
just finished baking, couple different wines and a couple of items I'm
sure I have forgotten.

Scrumptious. Sounds like a real feast to be enjoyed by a gaggle of family
and friends. ;-)

Skipper November 23rd 05 11:17 PM

So where is......................

Harry Krause wrote:

Skipper wrote:

Harry Krause wrote:

couple different wines and a couple of items I'm
sure I have forgotten.

What, no gefilte fish canapes ala carp?

I suppose there's always hope you'll choke on a wishbone tomorrow,
Adolf

Thought it might go well with the Manischewitz wine.

--
Skipper

Don White November 23rd 05 11:52 PM

So where is......................

Harry Krause wrote:
Skipper wrote:

Harry Krause wrote:

So what's on the menu besides the bird?

Crab dip, cheeses, some kind of mashed potatoes ala Martha Stewart my
wife is making (a prison recipe?), sweet potatoes, fresh string beans,
cornbread stuffing, herb stuffing, homemade rolls, three homemade pies I
just finished baking, couple different wines and a couple of items I'm
sure I have forgotten.

What, no gefilte fish canapes ala carp?

--
Skipper

I suppose there's always hope you'll choke on a wishbone tomorrow,
Adolf, just before you and your klan buddies were scheduled to head out
to bomb an abortion clinic, a black church, or a house where a Jewish
family lives, reich?

Why would you think I ate gefilte fish, Adolf? That's a traditional
Jewish dish. Do you think I am Jewish? And if I were, why would that
matter to you? What if I were Catholic or Buddhist?

Our Skippy sure is putting in a lot of effort researching Jewish food.
Maybe one of his kids are converting.

DownTime November 24th 05 12:38 AM

So where is......................

*JimH* wrote:
...........everyone going tomorrow for Thanksgiving?

We are headed out to my sisters.

A little marina resort on Captiva island. The boat is gassed, coolers
packed, fishing gear and kayaks ready to go. Deep fried turkey, sweet
potato (or is it potatoe?) pie, green beans, stuffing, mached potatos,
pumkin pie and a few bottle of wine. And let's not forget the new
tradition of a Friday nite shrimp boil at the marina.

*JimH* November 24th 05 12:42 AM

So where is......................

*JimH* wrote:
...........everyone going tomorrow for Thanksgiving dinner?

We are headed out to my sisters.
I'm cooking here for a "cast of thousands," or so it seems. Relatives
from Flor-ida, friends from Kenya, Virginia, and South Carolina. Give
me your tired, your weak, your hungry. They won't be hungry when they
leave here. If they ever leave.
So what's on the menu besides the bird?
Crab dip, cheeses, some kind of mashed potatoes ala Martha Stewart my
wife is making (a prison recipe?), sweet potatoes, fresh string beans,
cornbread stuffing, herb stuffing, homemade rolls, three homemade pies I
just finished baking, couple different wines and a couple of items I'm
sure I have forgotten.

Scrumptious. Sounds like a real feast to be enjoyed by a gaggle of
family and friends. ;-)

I like to cook, but I hate to clean up afterwards. Therefore, I shall
retire to the drawing room after dinner and let everyone else pick up
after me in the kitchen!

I generally feel the same way when cooking a large feast, especially when
relaxing at the end of the dinner over a glass of wine or Amaretto on the
rocks. Fortunately our family and friends do their part in the clean up.
;-)

Wayne.B November 24th 05 01:12 AM

So where is......................

On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 00:38:55 GMT, DownTime
wrote:

A little marina resort on Captiva island.

===================================

Tween Waters?

Bryan November 24th 05 02:00 AM

So where is......................

"Skipper" wrote in message
Harry Krause wrote:

Skipper wrote:

Harry Krause wrote:

couple different wines and a couple of items I'm
sure I have forgotten.

What, no gefilte fish canapes ala carp?

I suppose there's always hope you'll choke on a wishbone tomorrow,
Adolf

Thought it might go well with the Manischewitz wine.

--
Skipper

Skipper,
Get stuffed! Take your anti-semitism and choke on it! The world does not
need people like you.

Bryan November 24th 05 02:10 AM

So where is......................

. ..

*JimH* wrote:
...........everyone going tomorrow for Thanksgiving dinner?

We are headed out to my sisters.

I'm cooking here for a "cast of thousands," or so it seems. Relatives
from Flor-ida, friends from Kenya, Virginia, and South Carolina. Give me
your tired, your weak, your hungry. They won't be hungry when they leave
here. If they ever leave.

So what's on the menu besides the bird?

Thursday is to be a day spent with dear friends (it's their year to host).
I always have mixed feelings about alternating Thanksgiving between their
home and ours; I really enjoy hosting TG dinner. They do put on a good
traditional meal, and my friend barbecues the turkey; it's always great.

Then Friday, it's off to Angel Island in our little runabout for a picnic of
leftovers and a hike and some frisbee. That is, if it doesn't rain!

Thanksgiving, my favorite holiday. Turkey smothered in gravy with mashed
potatoes and gravy and stuffing and gravy and warm dinner rolls slathered in
butter (and gravy) and green beans dripping melted butter and pumpkin pie
with whipped cream and wine and friends and loosened waist bands and ...

Bryan November 24th 05 02:11 AM

So where is......................

"DownTime" wrote in message
*JimH* wrote:
...........everyone going tomorrow for Thanksgiving?

We are headed out to my sisters.

A little marina resort on Captiva island. The boat is gassed, coolers
packed, fishing gear and kayaks ready to go. Deep fried turkey, sweet
potato (or is it potatoe?) pie, green beans, stuffing, mached potatos,
pumkin pie and a few bottle of wine. And let's not forget the new
tradition of a Friday nite shrimp boil at the marina.

For the last time, Dan, it's potato or potatoes! Sheesh!

Skipper November 24th 05 02:32 AM

So where is......................

Harry Krause wrote:

I'm cooking here for a "cast of thousands," or so it seems. Relatives
from Flor-ida, friends from Kenya, Virginia, and South Carolina. Give me
your tired, your weak, your hungry. They won't be hungry when they leave
here. If they ever leave.

There is something about our NG's most virulent anti-American getting
together with his commie friends to celebrate Thanksgiving that just
doesn't set right. It is particularly irritating that this fifth column
traitor can party while the American fighting men he despises so much
are dying for his freedoms.

--
Skipper

thunder November 24th 05 05:16 AM

So where is......................

On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 02:10:18 +0000, Bryan wrote:

Thanksgiving, my favorite holiday.

Mine too. It's a nice, family oriented holiday, without the stress of
Christmas.

DownTime November 24th 05 12:29 PM

So where is......................

wrote:

A little marina resort on Captiva island.

===================================

Tween Waters?

Good guess and very close. Jensen's is the place.

Wayne.B November 24th 05 03:03 PM

So where is......................

On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 12:29:37 GMT, DownTime
wrote:

A little marina resort on Captiva island.

===================================

Tween Waters?

Good guess and very close. Jensen's is the place.

==========================

Yes, the one to the north with cottages I believe?

P. Fritz November 25th 05 01:44 AM

So where is......................

. ..

*JimH* wrote:
...........everyone going tomorrow for Thanksgiving dinner?

We are headed out to my sisters.

I'm cooking here for a "cast of thousands," or so it seems. Relatives

from
Flor-ida, friends from Kenya, Virginia, and South Carolina. Give me

your
tired, your weak, your hungry. They won't be hungry when they leave

here.
If they ever leave.

So what's on the menu besides the bird?

Harry will be taking all his "friends" on a lobsta boat cruise.

Sir Rodney Smithers November 25th 05 06:03 PM

So where is......................

Bryan,
Is Skipper being anti-Semantic, or is just very effectively yanking Harry's
chain? I have many Jewish friends, and I don't think anything Skipper has
said in the last few weeks, would be considered an insult.

"Bryan" wrote in message
. com...

"Skipper" wrote in message

Wayne.B November 25th 05 06:12 PM

So where is......................

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 13:03:41 -0500, "Sir Rodney Smithers" Ask me
about my knighthood. wrote:

Is Skipper being anti-Semantic, or is just very effectively yanking Harry's
chain?

=============================

Yes.

Sir Rodney Smithers November 25th 05 06:15 PM

So where is......................

Harry,
I can tell you had a great day sitting at your computer posting on
rec.boats.

Did you wife make a plate and bring it to you so you would not miss any
posts?

P. Fritz wrote:

So what's on the menu besides the bird?

Harry will be taking all his "friends" on a lobsta boat cruise.

Did you have a nice dinner with your wife and child, Paul?

Don White November 25th 05 06:43 PM

So where is......................

Harry Krause wrote:

Smithers is co-chair of the "Obsessed with Harry Club." For
verification, just count the number of posts he makes a day in which he
comments on me or to me.

Instead of harassing you, Smithers and a few others should be publicly
thanking you for giving them some purpose in life. If you weren't
here...what on earth would they do?

*JimH* November 25th 05 06:51 PM

So where is......................

Don White wrote:
Harry Krause wrote:

Smithers is co-chair of the "Obsessed with Harry Club." For
verification, just count the number of posts he makes a day in which he
comments on me or to me.

Instead of harassing you, Smithers and a few others should be publicly
thanking you for giving them some purpose in life. If you weren't
here...what on earth would they do?

They'd be trying to masturbate, of course, and coming up dry. :}

That............... is sick.

Skipper November 25th 05 06:57 PM

So where is......................

"Wayne.B" wrote:

"Sir Rodney Smithers" Ask me about my knighthood. wrote:

Is Skipper being anti-Semantic, or is just very effectively yanking Harry's
chain?

=============================

Yes.

Absolutely not! Skipper has more than a passing acquaintance with
semantics. He likes them, often using them for his own amusement.

--
Skipper

P Fritz November 25th 05 07:28 PM

So where is......................

LMAO......

I had a dozen family members and friends, including my daughter for
dinner........while the turkey was a hit, there was no beef tenderloin left
over.....the last guests didn't leave until about 8 pm. Unlike harry, who
apparently was posting most of the day, I was busy in the kitchen.

Wayne.B November 25th 05 08:13 PM

So where is......................

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 12:57:22 -0600, Skipper wrote:

Absolutely not! Skipper has more than a passing acquaintance with
semantics. He likes them, often using them for his own amusement.

=========================

Snipper does, Skipper does not.

John H. November 25th 05 11:13 PM

So where is......................

about my knighthood. wrote:

Is Skipper being anti-Semantic, or is just very effectively yanking Harry's
chain?

=============================

Yes.

Smithers is co-chair of the "Obsessed with Harry Club." For
verification, just count the number of posts he makes a day in which he
comments on me or to me.

Harry is asking you to do this because Harry has 'filtered' Smithers. Of
course, he still reads and counts the posts so he can pretend someone
thinks he is more than a joke.
--
John H

"It's not a *baby* kicking, beautiful bride, it's just a fetus!"

A Famous Hypocrite

John H. November 25th 05 11:15 PM

So where is......................

Don White wrote:
Harry Krause wrote:

Smithers is co-chair of the "Obsessed with Harry Club." For
verification, just count the number of posts he makes a day in which he
comments on me or to me.

Instead of harassing you, Smithers and a few others should be publicly
thanking you for giving them some purpose in life. If you weren't
here...what on earth would they do?
They'd be trying to masturbate, of course, and coming up dry. :}

That............... is sick.

My comment is sick, but Smithers' obsession with me is not?

Your comment was sick. The only person 'obsessed' with you is you. The rest
of the crowd thinks you're a joke. You've just not caught on yet!

John H. November 25th 05 11:19 PM

So where is......................

P. Fritz wrote:

So what's on the menu besides the bird?

Harry will be taking all his "friends" on a lobsta boat cruise.

Did you have a nice dinner with your wife and child, Paul?

Tonight was left-over night. There's no food finer than left-over smoked
turkey, sausage dressing with giblet gravy, whole cranberry sauce, etc,
etc. It can't be beat!

Sir Rodney Smithers November 25th 05 11:23 PM

So where is......................

Don,
Have you noticed that for every post I make, Harry comments soon follows.

Don't you think he should thank me for giving his life value?

When you add that to the 10 other people he makes snotty comments to, he has
one hell of a life in rec.boats. That is especially fortunate when you
consider he spent all day Thanksgiving Day posting on rec.boats.

Dan Krueger November 25th 05 11:36 PM

So where is......................

Don White wrote:

Harry Krause wrote:

Smithers is co-chair of the "Obsessed with Harry Club." For
verification, just count the number of posts he makes a day in which
he comments on me or to me.

Instead of harassing you, Smithers and a few others should be publicly
thanking you for giving them some purpose in life. If you weren't
here...what on earth would they do?

Don,

You are a charter member of the "Obsessed with Harry Club". You are
just in a different chapter.

Dan

Sir Rodney Smithers November 25th 05 11:41 PM

So where is......................

JohnH,
I made a soup out of the carcass. Leftover's are always great.

Sir Rodney Smithers November 25th 05 11:42 PM

So where is......................

Harry,
JohnH made a post about his Thanksgiving Dinner. You made a snotty comment
about JohnH, who is obsessed with whom?

P. Fritz wrote:

So what's on the menu besides the bird?

Harry will be taking all his "friends" on a lobsta boat cruise.

Did you have a nice dinner with your wife and child, Paul?

Tonight was left-over night. There's no food finer than left-over smoked
turkey, sausage dressing with giblet gravy, whole cranberry sauce, etc,
etc. It can't be beat!

Ahh, Smithers and Herring, the co-chairs of the "Obsessed with Harry
Club," and Fritz, the club's idiot mascot. Wow. A triple.

--
George W. Bush: American Nero.

John H. November 26th 05 01:21 AM

So where is......................

about my knighthood. wrote:

Is Skipper being anti-Semantic, or is just very effectively yanking Harry's
chain?
=============================

Yes.

Smithers is co-chair of the "Obsessed with Harry Club." For
verification, just count the number of posts he makes a day in which he
comments on me or to me.

Harry is asking you to do this because Harry has 'filtered' Smithers. Of
course, he still reads and counts the posts so he can pretend someone
thinks he is more than a joke.

Mozilla's filters save the headers, not the messages, genius. Easy
enough to count.

Hee, hee!

--
John H

"It's not a *baby* kicking, beautiful bride, it's just a fetus!"

A Famous Self-obsessed Hypocrite

John H. November 26th 05 01:22 AM

It does make one wonder!