BoatBanter.com

-   -   So where is...................... (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/63234-so-where.html)

John H. November 26th 05 01:24 AM

So where is......................

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 18:41:21 -0500, "Sir Rodney Smithers" Ask me about my
knighthood. wrote:

JohnH,
I made a soup out of the carcass. Leftover's are always great.

Normally I do the same, but even with two turkeys, there wasn't enough meat
left on the bones to make a decent pot of soupl

Turkey and rice soup - yum. I might have to go buy another turkey!
--
John H

"It's not a *baby* kicking, beautiful bride, it's just a fetus!"

A Famous Self-obsessed Hypocrite

P. Fritz November 26th 05 02:50 AM

So where is......................

And we all know that none of harry's kids would have anything to do with
him on Thanksgiving.

"John H." wrote in message
On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 14:28:56 -0500, "P Fritz"
wrote:

LMAO......

I had a dozen family members and friends, including my daughter for
dinner........while the turkey was a hit, there was no beef tenderloin

left
over.....the last guests didn't leave until about 8 pm. Unlike harry,

who
apparently was posting most of the day, I was busy in the kitchen.

"Sir Rodney Smithers" Ask me about my knighthood. wrote in message
Harry,
I can tell you had a great day sitting at your computer posting on
rec.boats.

Did you wife make a plate and bring it to you so you would not miss

any
posts?

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
. ..
P. Fritz wrote:

So what's on the menu besides the bird?

Harry will be taking all his "friends" on a lobsta boat cruise.

Did you have a nice dinner with your wife and child, Paul?

Tonight was left-over night. There's no food finer than left-over smoked
turkey, sausage dressing with giblet gravy, whole cranberry sauce, etc,
etc. It can't be beat!
--
John H

"It's not a *baby* kicking, beautiful bride, it's just a fetus!"

A Famous Hypocrite

P. Fritz November 26th 05 02:52 AM

So where is......................

Harry wasn't able to "zing" anybody about Thanksgiving......everyone else
spent the day the traditional way.......cooking and spending time with
family and friend, unlike harry who spent the day trolling a NG.

"Sir Rodney Smithers" Ask me about my knighthood. wrote in message
. ..
Harry,
JohnH made a post about his Thanksgiving Dinner. You made a snotty

comment
about JohnH, who is obsessed with whom?

P. Fritz wrote:

So what's on the menu besides the bird?

Harry will be taking all his "friends" on a lobsta boat cruise.

Did you have a nice dinner with your wife and child, Paul?

Tonight was left-over night. There's no food finer than left-over

smoked
turkey, sausage dressing with giblet gravy, whole cranberry sauce,

etc,
etc. It can't be beat!

Ahh, Smithers and Herring, the co-chairs of the "Obsessed with Harry
Club," and Fritz, the club's idiot mascot. Wow. A triple.

--
George W. Bush: American Nero.

Don White November 26th 05 03:39 AM

So where is......................

Harry Krause wrote:

Ahh, Smithers and Herring, the co-chairs of the "Obsessed with Harry
Club," and Fritz, the club's idiot mascot. Wow. A triple.

Our resident jughead, Bert, will feel left out if you don't acknowledge
him.

Don White November 26th 05 03:41 AM

So where is......................

Dan Krueger wrote:

Don,

You are a charter member of the "Obsessed with Harry Club". You are
just in a different chapter.

Dan

Looks like you're desperate to join that motley crew.
You really should strive for higher standards.

*JimH* November 26th 05 05:12 AM

So where is......................

"Don White" wrote in message
Dan Krueger wrote:

Don,

You are a charter member of the "Obsessed with Harry Club". You are just
in a different chapter.

Dan

Looks like you're desperate to join that motley crew.
You really should strive for higher standards.

Don, Dan's point was that you only seem to post when responding to Harry and
giving him an *atta boy*...........and I agree. ;-)

*JimH* November 26th 05 05:31 AM

So where is......................

"Don White" wrote in message
Harry Krause wrote:

Ahh, Smithers and Herring, the co-chairs of the "Obsessed with Harry
Club," and Fritz, the club's idiot mascot. Wow. A triple.

Our resident jughead, ...

Why do you find it necessary to insult folks here Don?

John H. November 26th 05 01:00 PM

So where is......................

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 21:50:53 -0500, "P. Fritz"
wrote:

And we all know that none of harry's kids would have anything to do with
him on Thanksgiving.

.. .

P. Fritz wrote:

So what's on the menu besides the bird?

Harry will be taking all his "friends" on a lobsta boat cruise.

Did you have a nice dinner with your wife and child, Paul?

Tonight was left-over night. There's no food finer than left-over smoked
turkey, sausage dressing with giblet gravy, whole cranberry sauce, etc,
etc. It can't be beat!
--
John H

"It's not a *baby* kicking, beautiful bride, it's just a fetus!"

A Famous Hypocrite

Well, he didn't say anything about his kids, that I recall, so maybe they
didn't show up.

My two girls come here every Thanksgiving, with their families, but I
usually don't get them on Christmas day. The one in Richmond has Christmas
dinner with the in-laws, who live in Richmond. The other one alternates
between the in-laws, in West Virginia, and here. This year they will be
coming here for Christmas dinner.

For me, the Thanksgiving get-together is more special than the Christmas
get-together. So I'm very happy to see them and the five grandkids for a
couple days.

P. Fritz November 26th 05 01:50 PM

So where is......................

wrote:

And we all know that none of harry's kids would have anything to do

with
him on Thanksgiving.

. ..

P. Fritz wrote:

So what's on the menu besides the bird?

Harry will be taking all his "friends" on a lobsta boat

cruise.

Did you have a nice dinner with your wife and child, Paul?

Tonight was left-over night. There's no food finer than left-over

smoked
turkey, sausage dressing with giblet gravy, whole cranberry sauce,

etc,
etc. It can't be beat!
--
John H

"It's not a *baby* kicking, beautiful bride, it's just a fetus!"

A Famous Hypocrite

Well, he didn't say anything about his kids, that I recall, so maybe

they
didn't show up.

Of course they didn't

My two girls come here every Thanksgiving, with their families, but I
usually don't get them on Christmas day. The one in Richmond has

Christmas
dinner with the in-laws, who live in Richmond. The other one alternates
between the in-laws, in West Virginia, and here. This year they will be
coming here for Christmas dinner.

For me, the Thanksgiving get-together is more special than the Christmas
get-together. So I'm very happy to see them and the five grandkids for a
couple days.

Christmas is not as big a "meal" since we usually head out of the country
for the week right afterward........I love cooking for the big crowd, and
have a house that can handle it. Usually clear out the living room
furniture and run a continous table down the middle.....I can seat about
24-26 that way......never liked Thankgiving dinner where everyone sat at
small tables spead through different rooms.

Don White November 26th 05 03:16 PM

So where is......................

Harry Krause wrote:

They sent Bertbrain out for some Miller Light beers? I wonder whose ID
he used?

Ever have one? Just awful. Everything that is wrong about mass-market
American beer, yet it is very popular.

Maybe, a long time ago. I usually stick to Labatt Blue, which is brewed
about a 12 minute walk from my house.

Don White November 26th 05 03:18 PM

So where is......................

*JimH* wrote:

Why do you find it necessary to insult folks here Don?

What were the lines from that Beatle song..
"what they need is a damn good whacking..."

At least I don't tell bald faced lies and continue to lie through my
teeth ...even when outed...eh Jim!

*JimH* November 26th 05 03:27 PM

So where is......................

"Don White" wrote in message

Our resident jughead, Bert, will feel left out if you don't
acknowledge him.

Why do you find it necessary to insult folks here Don?

What were the lines from that Beatle song..
"what they need is a damn good whacking..."

At least I don't tell bald faced lies and continue to lie through my teeth
...even when outed...eh Jim!

At least I apologized for the mistake and it was accepted by the other
party.

And at least I act civil here and do not constantly insult folks......eh
Don!

*JimH* November 26th 05 03:31 PM

So where is......................

*JimH* wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message

Our resident jughead, Bert, will feel left out if you don't
acknowledge him.

Why do you find it necessary to insult folks here Don?

What were the lines from that Beatle song..
"what they need is a damn good whacking..."

At least I don't tell bald faced lies and continue to lie through my
teeth ...even when outed...eh Jim!

At least I apologized for the mistake and it was accepted by the other
party.

And at least I act civil here and do not constantly insult folks......eh
Don!

That's "eh," offset by commas.

Yep........I was just mimicking Don. ;-)

Don White November 26th 05 03:40 PM

So where is......................

*JimH* wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message

Our resident jughead, Bert, will feel left out if you don't
acknowledge him.

Why do you find it necessary to insult folks here Don?

What were the lines from that Beatle song..
"what they need is a damn good whacking..."

At least I don't tell bald faced lies and continue to lie through my teeth
...even when outed...eh Jim!

At least I apologized for the mistake and it was accepted by the other
party.

And at least I act civil here and do not constantly insult folks......eh
Don!

You made no mistake...you purposely lied and only fessed up when
cornered..and were probably advised to do so by your righty buddies to
save further embarrassment.
Chuck showed he was the better man by accepting that dubious apology.

*JimH* November 26th 05 03:47 PM

So where is......................

"Don White" wrote in message
*JimH* wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message

Our resident jughead, Bert, will feel left out if you don't acknowledge
him.

Why do you find it necessary to insult folks here Don?

What were the lines from that Beatle song..
"what they need is a damn good whacking..."

At least I don't tell bald faced lies and continue to lie through my
teeth ...even when outed...eh Jim!

At least I apologized for the mistake and it was accepted by the other
party.

And at least I act civil here and do not constantly insult folks......eh
Don!

Chuck showed he was the better man by accepting that dubious apology.

Dubious? More like sincere.

So stop changing the story and answer my original question......why do you
find it necessary to insult folks here Don?

*JimH* November 26th 05 03:50 PM

So where is......................

" *JimH*" wrote in message

"Don White" wrote in message
*JimH* wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message

Our resident jughead, Bert, will feel left out if you don't
acknowledge him.

Why do you find it necessary to insult folks here Don?

What were the lines from that Beatle song..
"what they need is a damn good whacking..."

At least I don't tell bald faced lies and continue to lie through my
teeth ...even when outed...eh Jim!

At least I apologized for the mistake and it was accepted by the other
party.

And at least I act civil here and do not constantly insult folks......eh
Don!

Chuck showed he was the better man by accepting that dubious apology.

Dubious? More like sincere.

So stop changing the subject and answer my original question......why do
you find it necessary to insult folks here Don?

Eh?

Sir Rodney Smithers November 26th 05 03:54 PM

So where is......................

"Don White" wrote in message
What were the lines from that Beatle song..
"what they need is a damn good whacking..."

I am not laughing at JimH, but that line is too great not to use.

*JimH* November 26th 05 04:00 PM

So where is......................

*JimH* wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message
*JimH* wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message

Our resident jughead, Bert, will feel left out if you don't
acknowledge him.

Why do you find it necessary to insult folks here Don?

What were the lines from that Beatle song..
"what they need is a damn good whacking..."

At least I don't tell bald faced lies and continue to lie through my
teeth ...even when outed...eh Jim!

At least I apologized for the mistake and it was accepted by the other
party.

And at least I act civil here and do not constantly insult
folks......eh Don!

Chuck showed he was the better man by accepting that dubious apology.

Dubious? More like sincere.

So stop changing the subject and answer my original question......why do
you find it necessary to insult folks here Don?

Why don't you address that question to Smithers, Herring, Robbins, Bruce,
Jack Goff, Fritz, and others, who only seem to show up here to try to
insult other posters? Their behavior on a regular basis is far worse than
any of the gentle jibes Don has issued.

I will try...........as soon as Don answers my question.

*JimH* November 26th 05 04:10 PM

So where is......................

*JimH* wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message
*JimH* wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message

[...]

Why should your expressing Good Samaritan behavior be conditional?

Because Don needs to start setting an example for folks to follow.

*JimH* November 26th 05 04:20 PM

So where is......................

*JimH* wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message
*JimH* wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message

[...]

Let's be real, Jim. However offensive you find Don, his behavior here is
exemplary in comparison to the behavior of the droolers - Smithers,
Skipper, Herring, Bruce, Goffs, Fritz, Robbins, et al.

If I am to be real then you would have to include yourself in that list of
folks.

Sir Rodney Smithers November 26th 05 04:39 PM

So where is......................

Harry,
I don't believe I insult anyone. I might ask some questions that are
difficult to answer, but I do my best not to duplicate your posts which are
nothing but insults..

*JimH* wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message
*JimH* wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message

[...]

Named al Qaeda Recruiter of the Year: George W. Bush

Sir Rodney Smithers November 26th 05 04:41 PM

So where is......................

JimH,
Why does Harry believe my posts are insults? I don't believe any of my
posts use profanity and insults. I do point out the fallacy of Harry's
insults and name calling, but is only because he makes it way to easy.

*JimH* wrote:

Sir Rodney Smithers November 26th 05 04:45 PM

So where is......................

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Most of my venom is aimed at Presidummy Bush. When I respond negatively to
persons here, it *usually* is in response to a piece of crap they tossed
at me. Further, most of those in the list I offered do virtually nothing
here but hurl insults. I cannot recall a single meaningful boating related
post from Smithers, Bruce, Goff, Robbins, or Fritz, and while Skipper
sometimes posts boat-related material, it usually is dangerously wrong. I
post on-topic with meaningful information from time to time, and try to
help where I can.

Harry,
On a percent of posts made, every single of these people post substantially
more boating related posts than you do.

Don White November 26th 05 05:34 PM

So where is......................

*JimH* wrote:

"Don White" wrote in message

*JimH* wrote:

"Don White" wrote in message

[...]

Maybe it wasn't sent as an insult...just a play on the 'jarhead' term
used by Maines for decades. Did it insult Bert? Does he need someone
to hold his hand? If you think he does...you insult him more than I could.

Don White November 26th 05 05:38 PM

So where is......................

*JimH* wrote:

Because Don needs to start setting an example for folks to follow.

Now which one of the "Gang of 7" would follow any example I set?

Sir Rodney Smithers November 26th 05 05:40 PM

So where is......................

Don,
I have always looked up to you. ; )

Sir Rodney Smithers November 26th 05 05:40 PM

So where is......................

Don,
Heck, I hope you are going to let me stay in your spare bedroom when I come
up for Race Week.

John H. November 26th 05 05:41 PM

So where is......................

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 10:28:00 -0500, Harry Krause

My cat is smarter than me or your president.

I agree.

P. Fritz November 26th 05 05:49 PM

So where is......................

[...]

"no matter how gently you suggest that they might do better to change
their ways or get some help, they will react in one of two equally
horrible
ways: they will attack or they will withdraw."

"narcissists will say ANYTHING, they will trash anyone in their own
self-justification, and then they will expect the immediate restoration of
the status quo. They will attack you (sometimes physically) and spew a
load
of bile, insult, abuse, contempt, threats, etc."

"They can't see that they have a problem; it's always somebody else who
has the problem and needs to change"

"Narcissists are hostile and ferocious in reaction, but they are
generally
passive and lacking in initiative"

*JimH* November 26th 05 05:50 PM

So where is......................

*JimH* wrote:

"Don White" wrote in message

*JimH* wrote:

"Don White" wrote in message

[...]

The problem is Don that you called him a "jughead", not a jarhead. Nice tap
dance though. ;-)

Sir Rodney Smithers November 26th 05 05:53 PM

So where is......................

Do you remember when Peggy asked Harry to meet her at the trade show, she
wanted to have lunch or at least a cup of coffee. He was too ashamed to
say hello to her. He walked by her booth and saw her, but was too shy to
actually say hello.

P. Fritz November 26th 05 06:03 PM

So where is......................

No surprise, considering that.......

"Narcissists are naive and vulnerable, pathetic really, no matter how
arrogant and forceful their words or demeanor. They have pretty good
reasons
for their paranoia and cynicism, their sneakiness, evasiveness,
prevarications. ...... They are so out of touch with other people and what
goes on around them that they are very susceptible to exploitation. On the
other hand, they're so inattentive, and so disconnected from what other
people are up to"

Don White November 26th 05 06:12 PM

So where is......................

"Don White" wrote in message

*JimH* wrote:

Because Don needs to start setting an example for folks to follow.

Now which one of the "Gang of 7" would follow any example I set?

Race week...which race week?

Don White November 26th 05 06:15 PM

So where is......................

Sir Rodney Smithers wrote:
Don,
I have always looked up to you. ; )

Do I look like I just fell off the back of a turnip truck?

Sir Rodney Smithers November 26th 05 06:18 PM

So where is......................

Don,
All of them. I prefer my eggs over easy and my coffee black (like my
woman).

Sir Rodney Smithers November 26th 05 06:18 PM

So where is......................

I think I see turnip leaves in your back pocket.

John H. November 26th 05 06:48 PM

So where is......................

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 13:21:18 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

More "Obsessed with Harry" behavior. You need to start drinking again,
Herring. I'm sure you were brighter and funnier as an alcoholic.

Narcissists are (a) extremely sensitive to personal criticism and (b)
extremely critical of other people. They think that they must be seen as
perfect or superior or infallible, next to god-like (if not actually
divine, then sitting on the right hand of God) -- or else they are
worthless.

Bert Robbins November 26th 05 07:20 PM

So where is......................

Don White wrote:

Maybe it wasn't sent as an insult...just a play on the 'jarhead' term
used by Maines for decades. Did it insult Bert? Does he need someone
to hold his hand? If you think he does...you insult him more than I
could.

Bert *is* an insult.

I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen the data with my own eyes.
Harry has made 3000 posts in rec.boats in the last three months. I think we
have found Harry's full time job.

A simple Perl script, www.activestate.com, and you can generate all of the
informaiton you want. Download the free version of perl and then using PPM
get NNTPClient and EmailDate.

use News::NNTPClient;
use Date::Parse;

$c = new News::NNTPClient ("Your-News-Server-Here");

$c-debug (0);

$c-authinfo ("Your-Username-Here", "Your-Password-Here");

($first, $last) = ($c-group("rec.boats"));

$Count = 0;

open (OUTPUT, "thelist.txt");

for (; $last = first; $last--) {
@Article = $c-article ($last);

next if ($#Article == 0);

foreach (@Article) {
$from = $_ if (/^From:/);
$date = $_ if (/^Date:/);
$msgid = $_ if (/^Message-ID: /);
$subject = $_ if (/^Subject: /);

last if (/^$/);
}

if ($from =~ /Harry Krause/) {
$Count++;

chomp ($from);
chomp ($date);
chomp ($msgid);
chomp ($subject);

$from =~ s/^From: //;
$date =~ s/^Date: //;
$msgid =~ s/^Message-ID: //;
$subject =~ s/^Subject: //;

$time = str2time ($date); # Localize the time to EST with this and the
below line.
@date = localtime ($time);

$When = sprintf ("%4d:%02d:%02d:%02d:%02d:%02d:%d", $date[5] +1900,
$date[4] + 1, $date[3], $date[2], $date[1], $date[0], $date[6]);
$From{"$When"} = $from;
$Msgid{"$When"} = $date;
$Date{"$When"} = $msgid;
$Subject{"$When"} = $subject;

printf (OUTPUT "%s - %s - %s - %s\n", $When, $from, $msgid, $subject);
}
}

printf (OUTPUT "Record Count: %d\n", $Count);

$c-quit ();

close (OUTPUT);

exit (0);

Dan Krueger November 26th 05 09:06 PM

So where is......................

Don White wrote:

Dan Krueger wrote:

Don,

You are a charter member of the "Obsessed with Harry Club". You are
just in a different chapter.

Dan

Looks like you're desperate to join that motley crew.
You really should strive for higher standards.

If you say so, Don.

BTW - nice of you to step in for Kevin on the weekends!

Dan

Dan Krueger November 26th 05 09:13 PM

Don White wrote:

Sir Rodney Smithers wrote:

Don,
I have always looked up to you. ; )

Do I look like I just fell off the back of a turnip truck?

I don't know, are you covered with turnip juice and road rash?

Dan