Bryan

Default Mooring Locations throughout BVI's

Not moorings as in sailboat charters.

Anyone know of any links to a map/list of British Virgin Islands locations
that have moorings for overnight stays?

It would be interesting to see what kind of itinerary comes up if one only
overnights where moorings are available and where one could visit if only
stopping where moorings are located.

Until I get my disks repaired I'd like to save anchoring for emergencies and
just stick to moorings. It would save a lot of stress on my first mate and
on my back. Otherwise I need to postpone the idea of bareboating in the
BVI's until 2007!

Wayne.B

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 00:30:06 GMT, "Bryan"
wrote:

Not moorings as in sailboat charters.

Anyone know of any links to a map/list of British Virgin Islands locations
that have moorings for overnight stays?

It would be interesting to see what kind of itinerary comes up if one only
overnights where moorings are available and where one could visit if only
stopping where moorings are located.

Until I get my disks repaired I'd like to save anchoring for emergencies and
just stick to moorings. It would save a lot of stress on my first mate and
on my back. Otherwise I need to postpone the idea of bareboating in the
BVI's until 2007!

Charter a boat with an anchor windlass. I haven't been to the BVI in
a while but I remember very few moorings.

Bryan

wrote:

Not moorings as in sailboat charters.

Anyone know of any links to a map/list of British Virgin Islands locations
that have moorings for overnight stays?

It would be interesting to see what kind of itinerary comes up if one only
overnights where moorings are available and where one could visit if only
stopping where moorings are located.

Until I get my disks repaired I'd like to save anchoring for emergencies
and
just stick to moorings. It would save a lot of stress on my first mate
and
on my back. Otherwise I need to postpone the idea of bareboating in the
BVI's until 2007!

Charter a boat with an anchor windlass. I haven't been to the BVI in
a while but I remember very few moorings.

That's something I didn't think about, but still would like a list/map of
locations in BVI with overnight moorings.

Don White

Bryan wrote:
Not moorings as in sailboat charters.

Anyone know of any links to a map/list of British Virgin Islands locations
that have moorings for overnight stays?

It would be interesting to see what kind of itinerary comes up if one only
overnights where moorings are available and where one could visit if only
stopping where moorings are located.

Until I get my disks repaired I'd like to save anchoring for emergencies and
just stick to moorings. It would save a lot of stress on my first mate and
on my back. Otherwise I need to postpone the idea of bareboating in the
BVI's until 2007!

Found my Virgin Islands 2003-2004 Cruising Guide.
It came with a customized chart which shows the following symbols in
the 'legend' and what locations they apply to...
soundings in meters
heights in meters
customs office
fuel/water
anchorage
moorings
anchorage with moorings available
note: chart covers Virgin Gorda and Anegada on one side
Western edge of Virgin Gorda to eastern 2/3s of St. Thomas on the
other.

They show url as ** www.cruisingguides.com **
Wayne.B

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 07:34:42 -0500, "Sir Rodney Smithers" Ask me
about my knighthood. wrote:

Wayne,
They are more and more moorings since people are concerned about damage to
the reefs.

That's probably good news for the ecology but it will eliminate the
spectator sport of watching the inexperienced trying to anchor. :-)

Mooring or Dock Capt.Mooron ASA 51 November 14th 05 07:22 PM
Mildew on underside of mooring cover? Bchbound Cruising 2 October 17th 05 02:59 PM