Bchbound

Default Mildew on underside of mooring cover?

What is the best way to remove mildew type growth from the underside of
my canvas. The cover is only 2 years old and the growth is not severe,
however after the last 2 weeks of constant rain here on Long Island some
growth has developed.

I have the cover out in the sun but would like ti kill whatever spores
might be on there. The cover is not wet.

Thanks,
Bchbound
Capri

Lots of soap and water and elbow grease. no harsh chemicals. Some
folks use non bleaching clorox if it is really bad but the idea is once
you have the mildew gone you need to put something on the canvas to
keep it from coming back, This is what I used to do to my canvas (sail
covers, awnings and dodger) on my sailboat:
Get a pump spray bottle and fill it with 50% white vinegar, 50%
water. Whenever you wash down the boat (and after heavy rains) spray
the canvas with this solution - especially the under side of dodgers
and biminis. The vinegar won't hurt the canvas but will prevent
mildew growth.

Cap'n Phil

MMC

Cap'n,
I have bad blackish stains on the vinyl upholstery on the boat my wife calls
a pontoon, but I like to refer to as a landing craft. Run up on a beach and
hordes of screaming kids assault the sensibilities of whoever's there.
Think the vinegar will work on this? I've tried a variety of products...
MMC
oups.com...