Dry

Default Carribean Sail

Don White wrote:

Bryan wrote:

I thought separate vacations was why I was going on 21 years of marriage and
still willing to stick around!
Will you be sailing about the islands or just living on the sailboat?
I'm a firm believer that a tourist must see all the tourist sights (or would
that be sites) at a minimum, the must see component, and then branch out to
non-tourist options.

I'm planning a BVI vacation with a pirate treasure hunt theme; hopefully it
adds some flavor to the routine of just snorkeling, kayaking, swimming, and
boating in the clear warm waters of a postcard destination.

My buddy is scheduled for a cataract operation next week. He'll need a
few days to get back to normal. He just sent me another e-mail advising
me to come down before Christmas so he has time to show me around as he
hopes to be back to work after Christmas.
Vic has 3 boats I believe... a 32 foot sailboat, a 19 foot open
daysailor and something smaller. I know We'll be sailing most of the
time if I go down early next month...so I'd expect to see 'the Baths' on
Virgin Gorda, Peter Island.., Road Town on Tortola..etc .
I have to decide if I should go for 10 days or 14.
(don't want to leave the wife at the mercy of any late December
snowstorms here at home)

Don when you arrive at Tortola put the hook out grab a rod catch some
yellow tails light the cue and relax stay awhile, one of the best places
on earth.
Skipper

Harry Krause wrote:

Skipper wrote:

Trip Report From The Sea of Cortez

Several years ago I received this interesting email trip report
about a recent adventure in the Cortez. South and West is best.

Why did you decide to drop that load down here?

Did you ever wonder why no one responds to your off topic drivel in
rec.boats.cruising, Krause?

--
Skipper
Skipper

Harry Krause wrote:

Skipper wrote:
Harry Krause wrote:

Skipper wrote:

Trip Report From The Sea of Cortez

Several years ago I received this interesting email trip report
about a recent adventure in the Cortez. South and West is best.

Why did you decide to drop that load down here?

Did you ever wonder why no one responds to your off topic drivel in
rec.boats.cruising, Krause?

Got boat?

Yep, we were discussing a trade. And I found the answer to my question
above. Would seem your kind is just not welcome to tread their docks.

--
Skipper

Bryan

"Don White" wrote in message
Bryan wrote:

[...]

Find some well referenced teen to help with any heavy work your wife might
get stuck with and go for 14 days; the snow storm could hit the day you
leave, somewhere in the middle, the day you come home, or not at all!

Bryan

"Don White" wrote in message
An old friend sent me an e-mail yesterday inviting me down to the British
Virgin Islands for some sun & fun.
Since the wife finishes working on the 25th I might just take advantage of
this offer. Of course I'd have to live on a sailboat for the 10-14 days
I'm down there.
Anybody have any 'must see' sights to go to for a first time tourist?
Otherwise I'm at my buddy's mercy.
The wife isn't keen on this type of adventure...so she'll stay home & look
after my mom. My oldest sister is planning a European vacation in the
next couple of years and 'the boss' would rather do that.
Good God! Only married 31 years and taking separate vacations already.

BVI Flotilla Itinerary (taken from Moorings website)

Arrival
Start in Road Town.

Day 1
Set a course for Marina Cay, enjoying a spectacular sail up the Sir Francis
Drake Channel. Pick up a mooring and head ashore.

Day 2
Today, your destination is the famous Bitter End Yacht Club. Enjoy the
fish/shark/turtle pool and explore the beautifully landscaped grounds.

Day 3
The Forbidden Paradise calls and an unforgettable day begins with a sail to
Anegada. A destination few BVI sailors ever see and most charter companies
place off limits to charterers.

Day 4
Sail to Jost Van Dyke. Here you'll find sea turtles and colorful fish, an
inner reef with coral gardens and great hiking.

Day 5
A short sail leads across to Tortola and the picture-perfect half moon
anchorage of Cane Garden Bay. The soothing palm and coconut trees give way
to an exciting nightlife scene.

Day 6
Race to Norman Island. Pick up a mooring then dinghy to the old caves where
Blackbeard is said to have buried his treasure.

Final Morning
One last invigorating beam reach across Sir Francis Drake Channel back to
Road Town.

Certainly not 10 or 14 days worth of stops, but some ideas.

Don White

Bryan wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message

[...]

Thanks Bryan...
somewhere I have a cruising Guide to the BVI that I ordered when my last
chance to go down called. I'm gonna have to dig that out.

What does Dr Laura sail? Bob Crantz ASA 19 November 21st 05 01:42 PM
The Gaff Rig Capt. Rob ASA 9 November 16th 05 02:24 PM
Sailing Boom Brake - Vangs - Sail shapes +more links Mic Cruising 0 November 6th 05 03:32 PM
Halloween Sail Scotty ASA 2 November 1st 05 10:51 PM