Don White

Default Carribean Sail

Bryan wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message

An old friend sent me an e-mail yesterday inviting me down to the British
Virgin Islands for some sun & fun.
Since the wife finishes working on the 25th I might just take advantage of
this offer. Of course I'd have to live on a sailboat for the 10-14 days
I'm down there.
Anybody have any 'must see' sights to go to for a first time tourist?
Otherwise I'm at my buddy's mercy.
The wife isn't keen on this type of adventure...so she'll stay home & look
after my mom. My oldest sister is planning a European vacation in the
next couple of years and 'the boss' would rather do that.
Good God! Only married 31 years and taking separate vacations already.

BVI Flotilla Itinerary (taken from Moorings website)

Arrival
Start in Road Town.

Day 1
Set a course for Marina Cay, enjoying a spectacular sail up the Sir Francis
Drake Channel. Pick up a mooring and head ashore.

Day 2
Today, your destination is the famous Bitter End Yacht Club. Enjoy the
fish/shark/turtle pool and explore the beautifully landscaped grounds.

Day 3
The Forbidden Paradise calls and an unforgettable day begins with a sail to
Anegada. A destination few BVI sailors ever see and most charter companies
place off limits to charterers.

Day 4
Sail to Jost Van Dyke. Here you'll find sea turtles and colorful fish, an
inner reef with coral gardens and great hiking.

Day 5
A short sail leads across to Tortola and the picture-perfect half moon
anchorage of Cane Garden Bay. The soothing palm and coconut trees give way
to an exciting nightlife scene.

Day 6
Race to Norman Island. Pick up a mooring then dinghy to the old caves where
Blackbeard is said to have buried his treasure.

Final Morning
One last invigorating beam reach across Sir Francis Drake Channel back to
Road Town.

Certainly not 10 or 14 days worth of stops, but some ideas.

Thanks Bryan...
somewhere I have a cruising Guide to the BVI that I ordered when my last
chance to go down called. I'm gonna have to dig that out.