Doug Kanter

Default The Daily NOYB Updater

"NOYB" wrote in message
nk.net...

Bush hasn't been before the special prosecutor...so there's no way he can
be indicted for perjury anyhow.

Bush has the perfect defense, no matter what happens: Nobody could decipher
what the **** he was trying to communicabrate.

Bill McKee

I think the Clinton Perjury was for lies in a regular court of law. Not to
a Grand Jury.

"Smith Smithers" wrote in message
I would like to point out that both Libby and Clinton were
charged/impeached for lying to the grand jury. If Libby did lie, he should
be convicted, the same as Clinton should have been convicted for lying to
the Grand Jury. I was not a supporter of impeaching Clinton, but I wish he
could have been charged and convicted after his term was over.

"thunder" wrote in message
On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 00:22:37 +0000, NOYB wrote:

Libby supposedly lied to the grand jury. That's the charge. Not
leaking
Plame's name.

Don't forget the obstruction of justice charge. I may point out that
Libby wasn't "the" leak. That honor belongs to "Official A", widely
thought to be Rove. Fitzgerald seems to have left the door slightly
ajar,
and I'm not sure where he is going. Potentially, my suspicious nature
could have these indictments leveraging Libby to include a conspiracy
charge with Official A, but then again, this may be the end of it.

Skipper

Bill McKee wrote:

I think...

....and that's far more than can be said for the Looney Left's barking
dogs.

--
Skipper
thunder

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 12:55:01 -0400, Bert Robbins wrote:

It could have happened the way Libby testified to in the GJ. It is
possible that the media participants decided to conspire to tell their own
fabricated story.

Of course, it could have. That's why there will be a trial, to ascertain
the truth. However, I would suggest if you think half a dozen reporters
decided to risk their jobs and jail time, just to get Libby, you are the
one who is seeing the black helicopters? It just doesn't make sense. Why
would they?

The real question is if this goes to trial will the members of the press
testify under oath in a court of law? If not, then Libby is off the hook
regardless of whether he did anything illegal or not. And, if Libby goes
to trial he should put Joe Wilson and Valarie Plame Wilson on the stand
and find out who authorized the trip and whether Joe Wilson every
mentioned to anyone that his wife worked at the CIA.

Well, they testified to the grand jury. Chances are, they will testify in
court. It is also, quite possible, that in court, the authorization of
the trip will be defined, although we might not hear the answer. That
answer, could be classified.

Fitzgerald did not say one way or the other during his press conference
yesterday, of which I watched the entire thing, that Valarie Plame Wilson
was an covert CIA agent. You can't expect to be under cover when you drive
in and out of the front gates of Langley everyday.

He may not have used the word covert, but he did say that Plame's
employment status was classified, both in his press release, and in the
indictment. He also added that her status was "not common knowledge
outside of the intelligence community". I would also point out, that you
can be under cover and drive in and out of Langley every day. It would
depend on what your cover is.

The biggest problem in this whole affair is Joe Wilson. He has taken every
oppourtunity, and tried to make some oppourtunities, to get in front of
the press and bitch and whine. The fact the Valarie Plame Wilson allowed
herself to be photographed for the infamous Vanity Fair magazine means
that she was not interested in being covert in the future and that she had
no committment to any of her previous sources to protect their identies at
all costs.

Somewhere, I read, that after her marriage to a US diplomat, it was
decided that Plame's profile was to high to be a successful NOC. It
seems, that part of her career, ended with her marriage. Regardless, her
status was still classified.
thunder

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 21:01:40 +0000, Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:

You do know who Jane Hamsher is right?

I didn't.

Bert Robbins

"thunder" wrote in message
On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 12:55:01 -0400, Bert Robbins wrote:

It could have happened the way Libby testified to in the GJ. It is
possible that the media participants decided to conspire to tell their
own
fabricated story.

Of course, it could have. That's why there will be a trial, to ascertain
the truth. However, I would suggest if you think half a dozen reporters
decided to risk their jobs and jail time, just to get Libby, you are the
one who is seeing the black helicopters? It just doesn't make sense. Why
would they?

They all want to re-live the "glory" of Water-gate. When NBC's Brian Wilson
was "interviewing" NBC's Tim Russert on Friday afternoon you see that Tim
was enjoying being in the middle of this whole thing. And, you can expect
that Tim will be very smug and arrogant during his show this morning.

The real question is if this goes to trial will the members of the press
testify under oath in a court of law? If not, then Libby is off the hook
regardless of whether he did anything illegal or not. And, if Libby goes
to trial he should put Joe Wilson and Valarie Plame Wilson on the stand
and find out who authorized the trip and whether Joe Wilson every
mentioned to anyone that his wife worked at the CIA.

Well, they testified to the grand jury. Chances are, they will testify in
court. It is also, quite possible, that in court, the authorization of
the trip will be defined, although we might not hear the answer. That
answer, could be classified.

Chances are they will testify in court! If they don't testify in court then
their testimony to the GJ is irrelavent.

The trip was classified? If it was the Joe Wilson should be in jail right
now for shooting off his mouth about a classified trip.

Fitzgerald did not say one way or the other during his press conference
yesterday, of which I watched the entire thing, that Valarie Plame Wilson
was an covert CIA agent. You can't expect to be under cover when you
drive
in and out of the front gates of Langley everyday.

He may not have used the word covert, but he did say that Plame's
employment status was classified, both in his press release, and in the
indictment. He also added that her status was "not common knowledge
outside of the intelligence community". I would also point out, that you
can be under cover and drive in and out of Langley every day. It would
depend on what your cover is.

Everyone's employment everywhere is classified. Was she covert at the time
or not? No, you can't be a cover agent when you drive in and out of the CIA
headquarters everyday of the week and when your husband introduces you as
his CIA agent wife.

The biggest problem in this whole affair is Joe Wilson. He has taken
every
oppourtunity, and tried to make some oppourtunities, to get in front of
the press and bitch and whine. The fact the Valarie Plame Wilson allowed
herself to be photographed for the infamous Vanity Fair magazine means
that she was not interested in being covert in the future and that she
had
no committment to any of her previous sources to protect their identies
at
all costs.

Somewhere, I read, that after her marriage to a US diplomat, it was
decided that Plame's profile was to high to be a successful NOC. It
seems, that part of her career, ended with her marriage. Regardless, her
status was still classified.

Classified as what?