Default Millions for the Taking in Floriduh

Skipper wrote:
Millions of dollars worth of 'stuff' is being handed out in Floriduh.
Takers drive up in their new cars to get as much as they can carry away.
Many complain that the plastic bags are too flimsy to cart off full
loads.

Good to see our tax dollars at work!

--
Skipper

How about all of the tax dollars that have been going to subsidize
Kansas dirt farmers for years?

NOYB wrote:
"Skipper" wrote in message
Millions of dollars worth of 'stuff' is being handed out in Floriduh.
Takers drive up in their new cars to get as much as they can carry away.
Many complain that the plastic bags are too flimsy to cart off full
loads.

Good to see our tax dollars at work!

People who didn't stock up provisions before a hurricane arrived that took 7
days to get here are idiots.

I had water, gas, generator, ice, food, etc. stockpiled and ready to use as
needed...as did most Neapolitans. It's mostly the fools on the other coast
who decided that they'd rather wait until FEMA came through with their
handouts. It shouldn't surprise anyone that the "red" counties did fine in
the aftermath, and the "blue" counties are the ones with people lined up for
hours waiting for FEMA handouts.

JEEZUS, what a narrow minded buffoon you are!!!!

Smith Smithers

Tom,
By the way, CTRL ALT C "hot key" said:

"Of course everyone in Florida should have purchased enough water and food
for at least a 5 day period, in preparation for the hurricane. Only an
idiot would have ignored the 7 day warnings. It isn't like the water and
food was not readily available, and would not cost anyone, including the
poor anymore than they currently are paying for food and water. We can not
expect the government to protect us from ourselves if we do nothing".

..

"Smith Smithers" wrote in message
Tom,
That is Kevin's "hot key" response. He hit CTRL ALT B and he meant to hit
his "hot key" response, CTRL ALT C. I am sure if he hit the correct "hot
key" response it would have made better sense.

On 27 Oct 2005 05:05:12 -0700, wrote:

NOYB wrote:
"Skipper" wrote in message
[...]

Exactly how is he a "narrow minded" buffoon for thinking ahead?

Jeff Rigby

wrote in message
oups.com...

NOYB wrote:
"Skipper" wrote in message
[...]

Stupidity and greed, the characteristics that politicians of all stripes
appeal to, that Democrats think are virtues in the common man should be
criticized not defended.

At this point the only criticism is that GAS stations can't pump gas and
diesel fuel. You can't expect individuals to stock more than 5 gallons of
fuel for a generator particularly since it goes bad in two months and is a
fire hazard. I'd probably be waiting in line with a couple of 5 gallon cans
knowing three weeks for electricity turnon and with 3-5 gallons at home. We
didn't expect more than a weak cat 2 and we got a strong cat 3 in most
areas.

DownTime

NOYB wrote:
"DownTime" wrote in message
m...

NOYB wrote:

"Skipper" wrote in message

Millions of dollars worth of 'stuff' is being handed out in Floriduh.
Takers drive up in their new cars to get as much as they can carry away.
Many complain that the plastic bags are too flimsy to cart off full
loads.

Good to see our tax dollars at work!

People who didn't stock up provisions before a hurricane arrived that
took 7 days to get here are idiots.

I had water, gas, generator, ice, food, etc. stockpiled and ready to use
as needed...as did most Neapolitans. It's mostly the fools on the other
coast who decided that they'd rather wait until FEMA came through with
their handouts. It shouldn't surprise anyone that the "red" counties did
fine in the aftermath, and the "blue" counties are the ones with people
lined up for hours waiting for FEMA handouts.

I'm in Cape Coral, Lee county. What color does that make me?

You're red...but barely. Purple would be a better description. Any 2 hour
lines at FEMA handout locations up there?

have not seen the lines or even know where they are. from what i hear,
they are a bit farther to the south of us. why is it many peopl are told
NUMEROUS times in advance, of what to do, then they show up after the
storm acting as if they had no idea it was coming? honestly, i do not
feel sorry for or have much compassion for anyone who is not willing to
try to at least help themselves first.
Skipper

Gene Kearns wrote:

When you guys get through beating up your straw men, can we get back
to boats?

I'm kinda partial to our new 9' Brunswick, powered by a modified Richard
Black Bushka I/O, of course. It seems to handle adverse conditions very
well.

--
Skipper