DownTime

Default Millions for the Taking in Floriduh

NOYB wrote:
"DownTime" wrote in message
m...

NOYB wrote:

"Skipper" wrote in message

Millions of dollars worth of 'stuff' is being handed out in Floriduh.
Takers drive up in their new cars to get as much as they can carry away.
Many complain that the plastic bags are too flimsy to cart off full
loads.

Good to see our tax dollars at work!

People who didn't stock up provisions before a hurricane arrived that
took 7 days to get here are idiots.

I had water, gas, generator, ice, food, etc. stockpiled and ready to use
as needed...as did most Neapolitans. It's mostly the fools on the other
coast who decided that they'd rather wait until FEMA came through with
their handouts. It shouldn't surprise anyone that the "red" counties did
fine in the aftermath, and the "blue" counties are the ones with people
lined up for hours waiting for FEMA handouts.

I'm in Cape Coral, Lee county. What color does that make me?

You're red...but barely. Purple would be a better description. Any 2 hour
lines at FEMA handout locations up there?

have not seen the lines or even know where they are. from what i hear,
they are a bit farther to the south of us. why is it many peopl are told
NUMEROUS times in advance, of what to do, then they show up after the
storm acting as if they had no idea it was coming? honestly, i do not
feel sorry for or have much compassion for anyone who is not willing to
try to at least help themselves first.