Netsock

Default Skipper - The Truth.

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
I just got tired of all of the innuendo and half-truth information, so
I thought I'd find out the *real* truth.

I just got off the telephone with the *real* Skipper. We had a very
pleasant chat about old times and the newsgroup in general.

Only you Gene, would go to such lengths.

Be careful...your obsession with sleuthing and "outing" people on Usenet
(chuckle) might be considered by some, as a rather pathetic life to lead.

Good luck.

--
-Netsock

"It's just about going fast...that's all..."
http://home.columbus.rr.com/ckg/

Don White

Netsock wrote:
"Gene Kearns" wrote in message

I just got tired of all of the innuendo and half-truth information, so
I thought I'd find out the *real* truth.

I just got off the telephone with the *real* Skipper. We had a very
pleasant chat about old times and the newsgroup in general.

Only you Gene, would go to such lengths.

Be careful...your obsession with sleuthing and "outing" people on Usenet
(chuckle) might be considered by some, as a rather pathetic life to lead.

Good luck.

Bunk! Most might consider it 'community service'.
Netsock

"Don White" wrote in message
Only you Gene, would go to such lengths.

Be careful...your obsession with sleuthing and "outing" people on Usenet
(chuckle) might be considered by some, as a rather pathetic life to

lead.

Good luck.

Bunk! Most might consider it 'community service'.

Only if he gets better at it. He's "cried wolf" quite a few times in the
past.

--
-Netsock

"It's just about going fast...that's all..."
http://home.columbus.rr.com/ckg/

How many gallons per hour do you figure that engine takes to run?

For some reason that doesn't look like a GE T-38. You sure that's a
GE engine and not the Lycoming T-53 or the French version of the T-53
(which was a very popular engine in Europe).

Figure about 1 gph for every 7 or 8 actual horsepower developed. Maybe
about 120 gph at full power?

Golly, not even my old pair of 454s burned that much!

Netsock

wrote in message
oups.com...
How many gallons per hour do you figure that engine takes to run?

For some reason that doesn't look like a GE T-38. You sure that's a
GE engine and not the Lycoming T-53 or the French version of the T-53
(which was a very popular engine in Europe).

Figure about 1 gph for every 7 or 8 actual horsepower developed. Maybe
about 120 gph at full power?

Golly, not even my old pair of 454s burned that much!

I don't know where this thread started, but I have a T-53 in a boat...it can
be seen at the link below.

Mine uses 100 gph @ 90%...never had it faster than that under load.

I only put 4 hours on it this year...its very easy to drop a few hundred
dollars in fuel in just a couple hours.

Skipper - The Truth. *JimH* General 9 October 24th 05 06:36 PM
Skipper - The Truth. Bert Robbins General 10 October 24th 05 02:02 PM
Skipper - The Truth. Smith Smithers General 11 October 24th 05 03:09 AM
Skipper - The Truth. [email protected] General 4 October 23rd 05 05:50 AM
Skipper - The Truth. Smith Smithers General 0 October 23rd 05 01:57 AM