Harry.Krause

Default How about this for towing?

In article , Joe Blizzard says...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4582956602
1994 Dodge Ram 2500 2WD 8.0L V10

I pretended to have one of those in my pretend driveway once, it was nice.

Lunch was nice;

Tenderised diseased body parts and lemon seasoning on top of gross giraffe
tail with apple extract, served in a gurgling double boiler containing
medium cooked avocado, dull specks of octopus, sardine gravy, a side of
scallion and a mug of hot gerbil serum.

Eisboch

Default Shortwave Help Needed!

Harry Krause wrote in message

Were you in the New Haven area when Radio Shack had that wonderful store
of parts bins downtown? What a great place! I got everything I needed
there for my 7th Grade science project, a cloud chamber. Well,
everything but one part. I got a two gallon glass jug from a farmer and
had its ends cut off at a "scientific" glass plant in the city.

I took an electronics course in high school (Amity) and most of the class
supplies were purchased there. I also used to raid the Lafayette Radio
store at the shopping center off Merrett Parkway, just north of the West
Rock tunnel.

Eisboch

Eisboch

wrote in message
oups.com...

I wouldn't hesitate to start out for the left coast in it.

You sure? I'd hesitate heading for the left coast in anything.

(Although San Diego is nice)

Eisboch

Skipper

Eisboch wrote:

You sure? I'd hesitate heading for the left coast in anything.

(Although San Diego is nice)

Then you'd be missing a lot. Cruising up to Glacier Bay and then on down
to La Paz, San Carlos and Mazatlan offer real cruising adventures. Life
experiences, not the same ol', same ol' that the ripoffs that East Coast
and Caribbean cruising has become.

Are you aware of the steep rise in cruising fees imposed on the Bahamian
islands? They are out to rip Americans. Floriduh should charge Bahamian
residents a similar fee just for shopping on the mainland.

--
Skipper

Skipper

Harry Krause wrote:

Then you'd be missing a lot. Cruising up to Glacier Bay and then on down
to La Paz, San Carlos and Mazatlan offers real cruising adventures.

So you've read.

Well yes, recently I've read that it's advisable to avoid certain
unscrupulous deadheads in the Seattle area...or as you call them,
diqueheads.

--
Skipper
Don White

Harry Krause wrote:
Skipper wrote:

Harry Krause wrote:

Then you'd be missing a lot. Cruising up to Glacier Bay and then on
down
to La Paz, San Carlos and Mazatlan offers real cruising adventures.

So you've read.

Well yes, recently I've read that it's advisable to avoid certain
unscrupulous deadheads in the Seattle area...or as you call them,
diqueheads.
--
Skipper

Why are you so concerned? You're not Skipper. And even the real Skipper
never had enough money to buy any sort of large cruising boat. I
remember the jerkwad regaling us about screwing some pathetic boatseller
out of a week's use of his boat, on the ruse that he wanted to buy the
clapped out old hulk. And, of course, that story was b.s., too.

I remember that escapade. Believe it was in Alaska.
That 'original Skipper' was quite a piece of work.
I can't imagine why the 'cheap imitation' would want to pretend to be him.
Joe Blizzard

wrote
Economics?

Like I said, this truck wouldn't be driven much. Maybe 3-4K miles per year.
Using todays fuel prices and your mileage numbers and figuring that an
equivalent diesel truck would cost me a good $3K more than the V10 version,
it would take between 11,500 and 16,450 miles to make up the difference on
fuel cost alone. In that scenario, it would be 3-5 years before I start
seeing any net savings.