Joe Blizzard

Default How about this for towing?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4582956602
1994 Dodge Ram 2500 2WD 8.0L V10

DSK

Joe Blizzard wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4582956602
1994 Dodge Ram 2500 2WD 8.0L V10

Nah, go with this one
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Milit...cmd ZViewItem

DSK

3/4 TON * V-10 * RARE FIND IN GOOD CONDITION

Of course its a "rare find" they sucked so much gas, they're hard to
give away.

the 5.9 Diesel is much more economical and has torque up the snoot.

The diesel would be a better choice instead of that 6 mpg hog.

Joe Blizzard

wrote
* V-10 *

Of course its a "rare find" they sucked so much gas, they're hard to
give away.
The diesel would be a better choice instead of that 6 mpg hog.

The diesel version of this same truck tends to cost a lot more from what
I've seen. Also, where I live gas is currently $2.54/gallon and diesel fuel
is $3.25, which I suspect would negate some of the difference in fuel
economy. Other than the gas suckage, were there mechanical problems with the
V10? Anyone have direct experience? I'm looking for something inexpensive to
tow infrequently for relatively short distances. I have my own dock where my
boat stays most of the summer, and my truck would undoubtedly spend most of
its life parked in my driveway. I have no doubt that the V10 would get gas
mileage similar to my boat's, but I'm not looking for a daily driver here.

PocoLoco

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 01:13:55 GMT, Shortwave Sportfishing
wrote:

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 20:51:26 -0400, DSK wrote:

Joe Blizzard wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4582956602
1994 Dodge Ram 2500 2WD 8.0L V10

Nah, go with this one
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Milit...cmd ZViewItem

ROTFL!!!!!

That's what we learned to drive on down in Fort Sill, OK!
--
John H

Default Shortwave Help Needed!

Harry Krause wrote:

: Got any ideas for an antenna I can put on top of my bookshelves that
: might do me some good in FM reception? A bit more data: car radio FM
: reception for DC stations ain't too swift out here, either.

: Some of the stations are on the internet, but that limits me to PC type
: speakers...so that isn't a solution, either.

Get a transmitter and transmit your PC audio to your stereo.

Here's a neat way to do it:
http://www.montek.com/cart/catalog/U...L-p-27736.html

Or you could go to Ramsey Electronics and buy one of their FM stereo
transmittters (about the same price).
b.
Eisboch

Harry Krause wrote in message

It just occurred to me that you might be able to help me resolve an FM
reception problem.

One of the few items that I've purchased at Radio Shack that works well is
their powered FM antenna. I forget what the model is, but it is attractive
in it's packaging, has adjustable gain and has a small blue light to
indicate that it is on.

I was even able to broadcast the RF output from a Sirius sat receiver
(powered from a DC power supply) to our main house stereo receiver located
about 100 feet away. Without the Radio Shack antenna I got nothing.

Tom may have a better idea.

Eisboch

Harry Krause wrote:
: wrote:
: Harry Krause wrote:
:
: : Got any ideas for an antenna I can put on top of my bookshelves that
: : might do me some good in FM reception? A bit more data: car radio FM
: : reception for DC stations ain't too swift out here, either.
:
: : Some of the stations are on the internet, but that limits me to PC type
: : speakers...so that isn't a solution, either.
:
: Get a transmitter and transmit your PC audio to your stereo.
:
: Here's a neat way to do it:
:
http://www.montek.com/cart/catalog/U...L-p-27736.html
:
: Or you could go to Ramsey Electronics and buy one of their FM stereo
: transmittters (about the same price).
: b.

: What do you suppose the range is?

I have a similar transmitter from Ramsey Electronics. With a 24 inch
piece of wire (and on the second story of the house) it transmitted about
1000 feet.

b.

Harry Krause wrote:
: wrote:
: Harry Krause wrote:
: :
wrote:
: : Harry Krause wrote:
: :
[...]

: What Ramsey unit do you have? Thanks!

I built the FM-10 which is an unsynthesized one. It's pretty stable. They
make a synthesized FM stereo transmitter but for the cost of the
pre assembled one in the link above and use with USB port, I feel it
is a better solution.

b.

Joe Blizzard wrote:
wrote
* V-10 *

Of course its a "rare find" they sucked so much gas, they're hard to
give away.
The diesel would be a better choice instead of that 6 mpg hog.

The diesel version of this same truck tends to cost a lot more from what
I've seen. Also, where I live gas is currently $2.54/gallon and diesel fuel
is $3.25, which I suspect would negate some of the difference in fuel
economy. Other than the gas suckage, were there mechanical problems with the
V10? Anyone have direct experience? I'm looking for something inexpensive to
tow infrequently for relatively short distances. I have my own dock where my
boat stays most of the summer, and my truck would undoubtedly spend most of
its life parked in my driveway. I have no doubt that the V10 would get gas
mileage similar to my boat's, but I'm not looking for a daily driver here.

Economics?

6'7 mpg (on a good day) with the v-10 gas, or 18-20 mpg with the
diesel.

That cummins is a fantastic engine.

many are reported with over 300,00 maintenance only miles.