Netsock

Default How about this for towing?

"Skipper" wrote in message
Harry Krause wrote:

Then you'd be missing a lot. Cruising up to Glacier Bay and then on

down
to La Paz, San Carlos and Mazatlan offers real cruising adventures.

So you've read.

Hilarious. This coming from the groups biggest plagiarizer...too much.

--
-Netsock

"It's just about going fast...that's all..."
http://home.columbus.rr.com/ckg/

Dan Krueger wrote:

Joe Blizzard wrote:

wrote

* V-10 *

Of course its a "rare find" they sucked so much gas, they're hard to
give away.
The diesel would be a better choice instead of that 6 mpg hog.

The diesel version of this same truck tends to cost a lot more from what
I've seen. Also, where I live gas is currently $2.54/gallon and diesel fuel
is $3.25, which I suspect would negate some of the difference in fuel
economy. Other than the gas suckage, were there mechanical problems with the
V10? Anyone have direct experience? I'm looking for something inexpensive to
tow infrequently for relatively short distances. I have my own dock where my
boat stays most of the summer, and my truck would undoubtedly spend most of
its life parked in my driveway. I have no doubt that the V10 would get gas
mileage similar to my boat's, but I'm not looking for a daily driver here.

Economics?

6'7 mpg (on a good day) with the v-10 gas, or 18-20 mpg with the
diesel.

That cummins is a fantastic engine.

many are reported with over 300,00 maintenance only miles.

Big whoop. I've got a Jeep closing in on that

Why am I not surprised?

What is wrong with owning a high mileage vehicle? It sits in back,
ready anytime I want to haul something, go out in the woods (4X4), tow
the boat, tow a utility trailer, etc. You see, unlike you, I wasn't
forced to have to trade it in when I got another vehicle. I suppose you
are one of those that are stupid enough to buy brand new, and take the
intitial 15% hit in depreciation as soon as you drive it off the lot,
right?

Dan Krueger

wrote:

Dan Krueger wrote:

Joe Blizzard wrote:

[...]

I lease but I own my company so there are tax considerations. It was
only interesting because you constantly trash other people and their
boats but you are proud of some POS you own.
Joe Blizzard

"Joe Blizzard" wrote
3-5 years before I start seeing any net savings.

(Pardon me for interrupting the thread with an on topic post, BTW.)