Default Seattle Racing Boat for Charter in Hawaii (Chuck!)

Harry Krause wrote:
This 79=foot maxi-racer has found an interesting retirement job. She
charters out. Pierce Brosnan has been known to come up with the bucks
for the rental.

http://tinyurl.com/cnyse

In Hawaii?

No thanks.

Too many hours of airline time to go sit on a beach. Some people love
it, and they can have my place. Different strokes, you know.

We're going to Argentina this fall. (it will be spring down there).
Probably just as long a ride, but there's a lot more to do than bake in
the sun and get sand in your jock strap once you're there. :-)

Harry Krause wrote:
wrote:
Harry Krause wrote:
This 79=foot maxi-racer has found an interesting retirement job. She
charters out. Pierce Brosnan has been known to come up with the bucks
for the rental.

http://tinyurl.com/cnyse

In Hawaii?

Did you notice the stern of the yacht? She got there from Seattle on her
own bottom.

No thanks.

Too many hours of airline time to go sit on a beach. Some people love
it, and they can have my place. Different strokes, you know.

That's right, I forgot. You don't enjoy beautiful, warm, sunny weather.

We're going to Argentina this fall. (it will be spring down there).
Probably just as long a ride, but there's a lot more to do than bake in
the sun and get sand in your jock strap once you're there. :-)

Argentina is a tad farther away from you than Hawaii.

The temp was in the 80s when we were there. Hardly bake temps. Let's
see. We spent two afternoons on the beach, I got out on a commercial
fishing boat,went sport fishing, played golf, climbed around the edges
of an active volcano, climbed up Diamond Head (an extinct volcano),
visited a coffee plantation, stayed at a gorgeous hotel, saw many
spectacular views and got in the middle of a number of them, fell off a
surfboard maybe 20 times, sailed a Hobie, saw lots of gorgeous Japanese
brides in incredible gowns, ate all sorts of interesting food, shopped
at a Japanese department store, bought lots of gifts at Hilo Hatties
http://www.hilohattie.com/ and tons more, and as I was leaving, was
surrounded by a bevy of beauties from the Miss Hawaiian Tropic contest.

Here's a photo from the rim of Diamondhead:

http://tinyurl.com/ay8p2

And here's one showing the Arizona Memorial and the battleship Missouri
at Pearl:

http://tinyurl.com/bmw58

Don't cry for me, Argentina!

Welcome back. Glad you had a good time. If I ever win tickets to HI I
know where to send them. I could probably be less interested in the
place, but I'm not sure how. It is undoubtedly quite lovely, and
beloved by its residents. It is certainly one of the most popular
tourist destinations in the world, and I doubt that it's really the
"rest" of the army that's out of step- it's me.

Now Buenos Aires- Old world Europe meets Latin America. Musuems,
culture, mild weather, dramatic architecture, a definite "urban"
environment (I love cities, except when boating) a chance to work on my
lousy Spanish a bit....
quite a bit to offer in my book.

Bill McKee

wrote in message
oups.com...

Harry Krause wrote:
This 79=foot maxi-racer has found an interesting retirement job. She
charters out. Pierce Brosnan has been known to come up with the bucks
for the rental.

http://tinyurl.com/cnyse

In Hawaii?

No thanks.

Too many hours of airline time to go sit on a beach. Some people love
it, and they can have my place. Different strokes, you know.

We're going to Argentina this fall. (it will be spring down there).
Probably just as long a ride, but there's a lot more to do than bake in
the sun and get sand in your jock strap once you're there. :-)

You can crash a bike riding down a mountain in Hawaii. different than the
beach. As to rentals, buddy went out on a former Americas Cup in the Carib.
The rental agency runs tours on a couple. The people have to crew, handle
the sails, etc.