Gary Warner

Default Do Potical Trolls Have Boats?

Shut up.

JGK

"privacy.at Anonymous Remailer" wrote in
message vacy.at...

No, they only have Jet Ski s

Jim

You should know the answer. Do you have one?

privacy.at Anonymous Remailer wrote:

Normally I find experienced boaters to be extremely courteous to one
another. Of course there are always the few jagoffs that think they own all
the waters. They are the ones who rip through the marked no wake zones,
wouldn't lend a helping hand to a fellow boater that was in trouble, you
know the type.

Then there are inexperienced boaters that just don't know any better.

These off topic political posts don't belong in rec.boats. Are they made by
inexperienced boaters or those that think they own the waters and don't
give a damn about a fellow boater.

I, along with 99.9% of the readers of this group think this bunch should
find some other place to play. There are groups intended for that type of
discussion.

We come to this group to get away from politics, news, and work. We come
here to enjoy our hobby which is boating.

To those that think your political rants and raves and copy and pastes are
enjoyed by the vast majority of us, forget it. This is a boating newsgroup.

Get the picture? This political trash does not belong here. It is not
wanted. Go play somewhere else.

Dave Hall

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 20:49:04 +0200 (CEST), "privacy.at Anonymous
Remailer" wrote:

Normally I find experienced boaters to be extremely courteous to one
another. Of course there are always the few jagoffs that think they own all
the waters. They are the ones who rip through the marked no wake zones,
wouldn't lend a helping hand to a fellow boater that was in trouble, you
know the type.

Then there are inexperienced boaters that just don't know any better.

These off topic political posts don't belong in rec.boats. Are they made by
inexperienced boaters or those that think they own the waters and don't
give a damn about a fellow boater.

I, along with 99.9% of the readers of this group think this bunch should
find some other place to play. There are groups intended for that type of
discussion.

I'm curious where the poll is where you dug up that 99.9% statistic?
I'd like the chance to participate. Or is it simply a poll of one?

We come to this group to get away from politics, news, and work. We come
here to enjoy our hobby which is boating.

Evidently, most of our boats are not giving us much trouble or enough
pleasure that we've run out of things to say about them

To those that think your political rants and raves and copy and pastes are
enjoyed by the vast majority of us, forget it. This is a boating newsgroup.

You can always filter what you don't want to read.

Get the picture? This political trash does not belong here. It is not
wanted. Go play somewhere else.

Don't waste your time. The political banter in this group has grown
considerably since the election of 2000. Most of it is exchanged by
seasoned newsgroup regulars, most of whom are also avid boaters. There
have been a few people, like you, who have gone around complaining
about the political talk, and it has resulted almost 100% (how's that
for a statistic) of the time with the complainer leaving the group in
disgust while the political talk continues.

I take a hiatus from the political talk for a while to give it a rest.
Several others have pledged to do the same thing. But there are some
here who enjoy fanning the flames of controversy, and there is nothing
more polarizing and controversial right now than politics. It's just a
shame that many of can't seem to leave it go.

Dave
Glenn Deneweth

Dave
You can always filter what you don't want to read.

Or you can follow the standard rules of Newsgroups and move the content to
the appropriate group. The rules are simple and concise.

Glenn ----------Canadian, don't care who wins...

Doug Kanter

"JGK" wrote in message

"privacy.at Anonymous Remailer" wrote in
message vacy.at...

No, they only have Jet Ski s

Now: 14' Lund
February 2005: Mainship Pilot 30-II

Any other questions?

Harry Krause

Doug Kanter wrote:

"JGK" wrote in message

"privacy.at Anonymous Remailer" wrote in
message vacy.at...

No, they only have Jet Ski s

Now: 14' Lund
February 2005: Mainship Pilot 30-II

Any other questions?

Really? That's a sweet ride, Doug. I saw one at a boat show, and watched
some Pilots being built at the factory in St. Augustine during a recent
trip to Florida. Get yourself a factory visit! If you do, I can
recommend some restaurants in the neighborhood.

One suggestion...make sure you have the bottom epoxy "painted" by a
professional crew (three coats at least) before you take delivery or
have the bottom painted.

Are you going for the "sedan" model?

--
A vote for Nader is a vote for Bush;
A vote for Bush is a vote for Apocalypse.
Doug Kanter

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Doug Kanter wrote:

"JGK" wrote in message

"privacy.at Anonymous Remailer" wrote

in
message vacy.at...

No, they only have Jet Ski s

Now: 14' Lund
February 2005: Mainship Pilot 30-II

Any other questions?

Really? That's a sweet ride, Doug. I saw one at a boat show, and watched
some Pilots being built at the factory in St. Augustine during a recent
trip to Florida. Get yourself a factory visit! If you do, I can
recommend some restaurants in the neighborhood.

One suggestion...make sure you have the bottom epoxy "painted" by a
professional crew (three coats at least) before you take delivery or
have the bottom painted.

Are you going for the "sedan" model?

Not sure yet about the sedan, although it seems like a good idea,
considering that I've already had a couple of pre-cancerous moles removed.
:-)

It is a sweet boat, isn't it? When I first saw it, it reminded me of my
father's first boat, a 32' Luhrs back in 1966 or so. So, I was surprised to
find that the companies were slightly related.

Harry Krause

Doug Kanter wrote:

"JGK" wrote in message

[...]

Slightly, eh? More than that. It is a very interesting company. If I
recall, it is employee-owned.

Lund Avery Hightower General 6 June 4th 04 05:14 PM
VEC build techniques to become more prevalent Gould 0738 General 0 December 9th 03 02:03 AM
Sea Ray Boats, Mid-Atlantic Dealers Announce Post-Hurricane Recovery Initiatives bomar General 0 October 2nd 03 10:15 PM
Is sailing becoming extinct? Don White General 14 August 12th 03 12:38 AM
Marina fire destroys 25 boats near Orlando -v- General 1 July 27th 03 09:43 PM