Michael

Default '92 Johnson 115hp ... Beeping!

Besides overheating, VRO failure or low oil in the tank (this boat has no
VRO and thus no oil tank... oil has to be mixed in with the fuel manually),
what ELSE could cause the alarm to start beeping almost exactly 120 seconds
after the engine is started? Whether it's started hot or cold, it always
goes to beeping after 120 seconds... I've tried disconnecting both
temperature sensors (1 on either side of the engine; disconnected both brown
wires) and it did not affect the beeping at all.

Also what is that electronic box on top of the engine just under the edge of
the flywheel? It has 7 wires of various colors going into it... the purple
wire labeled #7 appears to go all the way up to the alarm under the dash and
it's hot when I stick a voltage tester to it. Can this be the cause of the
beeping alarm? I tried disconnecting this purple wire at the engine and the
beeping alarm immediately became a solid alarm instead so it didn't like me
disconnecting that wire to say the least!

I spent a little time under the dash tracing the alarm wires... it has a
total of 4 wires going to it. 1 black wire (which goes to ground), a brown
wire (which appears to go back to the engine where it is split into 2 wires
each going to a temperature sensor) and 2 purple wires. 1 purple wire goes
over to the ignition switch and is hot when the key is turned on.... the
other purple wire goes back to the engine and appears to be that #7 wire
that goes to this little black electric module on top of the engine just
beneath the flywheel and it test hot while the engine is running (don't
think I tested it immediately after starting the engine before the alarm
starts sounding though... I might try checking that though next!).

This engine is mounted on a '93 SeaSwirl boat. The engine has good
compression and appears to run very well EXCEPT for that blasted beeping
alarm.

Thanks!

- Michael

'93 V-6 115hp Johnson, alarm and no choke prob Michael General 9 June 1st 04 08:15 PM
1986 Johnson 110hp vs. 115hp - Is there any difference? Sylvester Sullivan General 6 May 27th 04 04:05 AM
OT 1986 100hp Johnson VRO question? Mickey General 4 March 17th 04 08:00 AM
johnson lower unit help Tom K General 0 March 4th 04 03:12 AM
Only Slightly OT Jim General 1 November 19th 03 04:18 AM