Bryan Greer

Default '98 Larson 176 Drainage Problem

Should be a hole in the bottom rear of the compartment. I am assuming it's
carpet lined? Check to see that the hole isn't covered by the carpet (i.e.
that it's cut out). Whether it is or isn't, you should still check it often
because stuff just gathers down there and clogs that drain line. I blow mine
out with the water hose every year before storing it for winter.

The Larson is a shallow boat and has a shallow bilge. Also, if the bilge
fills, it will seek it's level into the ski storage. After you pull out of
the water, park on enough of an inclined area to let it drain back and it'll
dry out most always.

--
Bryan D. Greer

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work
at it, it's golf."...Bob Hope

"Patrick Johnson" wrote in message
I have a 1998 Larson SEi 176. The center storage area (in the floor) does
not drain into the rear of the boat where the bilge pump is. Therefore I
have to pump out the center section manually when it fills with water. I
looked in the bottom/rear of this compartment and there is an indention

that
looks like the beginning of a drainage tunnel to the bilge area. However,
the indention is only about 3/4" deep. I am assuming the fuel tank is
behind this indention. Is there supposed to be a drain hole here? If

not,
how could I drain this compartment without having to pump it out manually?

Patrick

Mark Conklin

Funny you mention that - I have the same boat. And I had the same problem. I
found that there was a hole in the back of the compartment but for some
reason the water wasn't draining. I slid a length of threaded rod into the
hole and cleared the blockage with no ill effects. It took quite a bit of
effort. The foam insulation appeared to have settled or expanded, perhaps
due to water saturation, and blocked the drainage path. No problems since I
cleared it out. One final tip - the tank is indeed straight back through the
hole, you should probe to both sides.

MC

"Patrick Johnson" wrote in message
I have a 1998 Larson SEi 176. The center storage area (in the floor) does
not drain into the rear of the boat where the bilge pump is. Therefore I
have to pump out the center section manually when it fills with water. I
looked in the bottom/rear of this compartment and there is an indention

that
looks like the beginning of a drainage tunnel to the bilge area. However,
the indention is only about 3/4" deep. I am assuming the fuel tank is
behind this indention. Is there supposed to be a drain hole here? If

not,
how could I drain this compartment without having to pump it out manually?

Patrick

Joseph

I also have the same exact boat. Yes, the hole is there, make sure to
clear out the tube that runs underneath the gas tank, on occasion it will
block. I had a drastically worse problem, the deck is rotting out and a
piece of plywood lodged itself in the whole. It was difficult to remove to
say the least. The whole in my boat had two smaller whole on each side, it
looks like it was formed wrong from the factory, so I filled it in with
Epoxy putty and let it harden. I guess I went off on a tangent there.
Should be simple, just blast some water down the hole, if that doesn't
work, get a strong coat hanger or similar instrument and gently work your
way through the tube. It's difficult to work access the whole from the
other end due to the obtruction of the engine and pulleys.

"Mark Conklin" wrote in
:

[...]

Is problem with O-Ring Seal or Valve Body Rural Knight General 10 December 7th 04 07:39 PM
back with a problem now Nancy General 14 August 2nd 03 04:43 AM
96 Sea Doo Speedster Starting Problem - Odd Noise From Electrical Box? Curtis CCR General 2 July 19th 03 03:55 AM
96 Sea Doo Speedster Starting Problem - Odd Noise From ElectricalBox? David Wolfenbarger General 0 July 17th 03 02:51 AM
Weird problem with Ford 351 - MasterCraft ProStar 190 Calif Bill General 3 July 10th 03 08:31 AM