Mark Conklin

Default '98 Larson 176 Drainage Problem

Funny you mention that - I have the same boat. And I had the same problem. I
found that there was a hole in the back of the compartment but for some
reason the water wasn't draining. I slid a length of threaded rod into the
hole and cleared the blockage with no ill effects. It took quite a bit of
effort. The foam insulation appeared to have settled or expanded, perhaps
due to water saturation, and blocked the drainage path. No problems since I
cleared it out. One final tip - the tank is indeed straight back through the
hole, you should probe to both sides.

MC

"Patrick Johnson" wrote in message
I have a 1998 Larson SEi 176. The center storage area (in the floor) does
not drain into the rear of the boat where the bilge pump is. Therefore I
have to pump out the center section manually when it fills with water. I
looked in the bottom/rear of this compartment and there is an indention

that
looks like the beginning of a drainage tunnel to the bilge area. However,
the indention is only about 3/4" deep. I am assuming the fuel tank is
behind this indention. Is there supposed to be a drain hole here? If

not,
how could I drain this compartment without having to pump it out manually?

Patrick