Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Charlie

Default Help on 4-stroke 6 HP Merc please

I have a 2-year old Merc outboard for the dinghy. It's a 4 stroke 6 HP.

It sat in storage last year and had very little use the year before. THere
is a chance that when I stored it, I forgot the fuel stabilizer. I don't
think I did, but there's a possibility.

The problem is that when it runs, fuel dribbles out of two brass nipple
fittings that are on top of the carb, near the choke.

I don't know what they're there for, and there's nothing attached to them.
To be sure that was correct, I looked at a new one at West Marine - sure
enough, there's nothing attached to theirs either.

Any ideas?

Charlie
M/V Wavelength