Jon.boston

Default Merc 225 Bluewater, 2 stroke .. Oil light on, Beep, Beep.. Sensor?

I have new to me Boston Whaler 2000 with Merc 225. The oil ran low
(out?) I re-filled the resouviur and the light won't go out. I've
turned off the power, on, etc. I've driven the boat and it's
conjuming oil and the tank is pressurized? I didn't see a float or
sensor on the oil tank?

Any clues on what to look at?? Is the sensor on the motor? Does it
need to be reset?

Thanks,
Jon
Ron White

Your engine mounted oil reservoir is probably low. Once the level is drawn
down from completely full it can not refill it's self to the required "brim
full" condition. Find the reservoir of the port side of the engine and take
the cap off and fill completely full. When you put the cap back on oil
should overflow a bit. Unless this tank is filled completely with no air
space, the engine will go to low oil level alarm mode.
Another method to fill this tank is just to loosen (don't remove) the cap
and let the engine idle until the pressurized oil from the main tank fills
the reservoir and starts overflowing pushing oil past the threads on the
loosened cap. This is a Mercury quirk.

--
Ron White
Boat building web address is