Gould 0738

Default What Makes a Political Liberal

John even though I disagree with the premise of your cut 'n paste, I do have to
applaud it's accuracy in one or two areas.

If a handful of liberals set out to identify the
distinguishing characteristics of contemporary conservatism, it wouldn't be
surprising that they would identify abstract factors such as:

* Fear and aggression
* Dogmatism and intolerance of ambiguity
* Uncertainty avoidance
* Need for cognitive closure
* Terror management

According to the author of this cut'n paste, the best analysis of liberalism
that can be reached by the finest conservative minds is:

* They're f'ing morons

Just about forced to agree that such a comparison is an accurate reflection of
abstract thinking demonstrated by liberals vs. consevatives.

Furthermore, the author of the cut n' paste recommends that conservatives go
out and
"whump" liberals with sticks. Also an accurate reflection of the difference
between problem solving approaches and intellectual debating abilities.

Thanks for another deadly accurate insight into the conservative mind set.
Anybody eavesdropping on your self congratulatory fantasy radio stations
already knew that most conservatives think this way, so it is good to see that
you take special pride in the fact that it is indeed so.

Lloyd Sumpter

On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 13:33:30 +0000, JohnH wrote:

Well, I think my study was pretty thorough on what makes a liberal,...

Huh?

You never made it past your own borders. You don't even have "liberals"
and 'conservatives" in the US - you have "democrats" and "republicans".
For liberals and conservatives, come to Canada. (and in England they're
called "tories" and "whigs")

Now crawl back under your rock and count the insects there, assuming
that's All the Insects in All the World.

Lloyd

Carolyn Louise leigh

It's possible that Liberalism and Conservatism do not reflect accurately the
seperate political philosophies that exist. I havn't talked to a REAL
Republican or Democrat, for that matter, in 30 years. It's more a case of,
my side is somehow more enlightened and capable than your side in managing
the affairs of our great nation. In reality, both sides continue to fail
miserably at their self centered agenda whilst, blaming the other for it's
woes........I gotta tell ya, it's a real joke and worth a couple of yuks to
read some of this tripe. To think that ANY political philosphy should
blindly be followed and defended in argument, escapes any sense of
intelligence in my book. JMTCW....