Gould 0738

Default What Makes a Political Liberal

John even though I disagree with the premise of your cut 'n paste, I do have to
applaud it's accuracy in one or two areas.

If a handful of liberals set out to identify the
distinguishing characteristics of contemporary conservatism, it wouldn't be
surprising that they would identify abstract factors such as:

* Fear and aggression
* Dogmatism and intolerance of ambiguity
* Uncertainty avoidance
* Need for cognitive closure
* Terror management

According to the author of this cut'n paste, the best analysis of liberalism
that can be reached by the finest conservative minds is:

* They're f'ing morons

Just about forced to agree that such a comparison is an accurate reflection of
abstract thinking demonstrated by liberals vs. consevatives.

Furthermore, the author of the cut n' paste recommends that conservatives go
out and
"whump" liberals with sticks. Also an accurate reflection of the difference
between problem solving approaches and intellectual debating abilities.

Thanks for another deadly accurate insight into the conservative mind set.
Anybody eavesdropping on your self congratulatory fantasy radio stations
already knew that most conservatives think this way, so it is good to see that
you take special pride in the fact that it is indeed so.