Gould 0738

Default removed distributor but forgot to mark the position of rotor

high school girls can get a little excited.

Talk about leaving yourself wide open.......
DDeanFountain

Following your instructions, you're certainly right, any 16 year old could do
better job explaingin how its done. Not to mention, could run rings around
anything you attempted to do. Have you ever seen the head removed from this
type engine? I doubt it! Or the pistons? The heads are small chambered heads
and half the surface area is within a millimeter or so of the piston at top
dead center. So shove a screw driver in there, run the engine over to TDC and
you'd be buying some poor fool a motor for scarring the piston or the cylinder
wall.

Obviously you have never turned a wrench in your life. Notice I said wrench
and NOT winch. Just because you are physically able but mentally limited to
turning the ignition switch on a boat doesn't mean you have any knowledge of
mechanics. You are so sincerely full of **** and your too ignorant to figure
this out for yourself. From what I can see you have plenty of people trying
desperatly to explain this to you but like an alcoholli, your in denial.
Reading some of your posts like the one about the preluber or the one about
never seeing a non geared oil pump, its obvious to any high school shop student
that the dope you smoke has fried your brain. Why not put your home page back
up so I can display a link to the world's largest brain dead asshole. I can't
tell you the number of hours of enjoyment I have had laughing so hard that I
****ed my pants looking at the picture of you in your underwear. With
everything that's going on in this world, we could use another good laugh!

Dean

From: (JAXAshby)
Date: 7/5/04 10:50 PM Central Daylight Time
dean, go pay some guy $95 an hour for four hours for what a sixteen year old
kid could do in twenty minutes. installing a distributor is EEEE fickin ZEE.

10,000 high school boys (and 1,000 high school girls) did it over last
weekend.

remove the plug from cyl #1 (or any cyl), put your thumb over the hole,

turn
over the engine until you feel compression coming up, then some more, then
use
a small screwdriver stuck down the hole and turn the engine over very

slowly
until the piston has stopped moving up.

What shade tree do you work under? The screwdriver bit went out with Briggs
and Stratons 3.5 horse motors.

Take cap off distributor, noting which plug wire the rotor is pointing at,
insert distributor in hole and tighten hold bolt enough to kept the
distributor
from slopping around. The spark wire the rotor is pointing is the wire you
run
to cyl #1. then run the rest of the plug wires to the prop plugs in the
proper
order.

If the distributor is out of the motor you'd think that maybe, I said just
maybe that the distributor shaft would have been moved somewhere in the
process.

You engine will start (assuming all else is okay), and then time the

engine.

Then go boating and enjoy.

Then following these directions you haul the boat down to a tech that really
knows what he's doing and ignore any post from this asshole JAXAshby.

After following the post made by JAX for the last several months, I quickly
came to realize that you'd have to be a fool to listen to anything this guy
has
to say. While he claims to know just about everything, you should read some
of
his post in the other groups where he asks questions that a first year high
school shop class student could answer.

Dean

JAXAshby

high school girls can get a little excited.

Talk about leaving yourself wide open.......

high was a ways back, but I still remember it.
JAXAshby

doouble dee (why would a guy silicone himself?) Fountain rattles as if he is
the Lost Idiot from some distant village, but then again perhaps he really *IS*
lost to normality. Let's assume the later and address his issues one point at
a time.

DD ean Fountain writes:

Following your instructions, you're certainly right, any 16 year old could do
better job

well, timing a distributor certainly is purdy easy.

explaingin how its done.

too many big words for a double D villiage idiot to comprehend?

Not to mention, could run rings around
anything you attempted to do.

now, *there* you have stepped beyond your knowledge base. *you* have no idea
what "anything" includes in my skill sets.

Have you ever seen the head removed from this
type engine?

of course.

I doubt it!

well, you ARE the village idiot.

Or the pistons?

huh?

The heads are small chambered heads

huh? English is an unknown language for you?

and half the surface area is within a millimeter or so of the piston at top
dead center.

so? not accurate, but even if it were, so?

So shove a screw driver in there,

shove?

run the engine over to TDC

**run** the engine? *you* start the engine and _then_ push a screwdriver
through an open spark plug holes. Why?

Or maybe *you* use the starter motor to whirl the engine over -- spark plugs
removed -- at top speed before inserting the screwdriver? if so, just how do
you get the engine to stop for you right at tdc.

say double dee, ever consider turning the spark plugless engine over by hand
using the crankshaft pulley, or maybe a socket on the nut on the end of the
crank on a long arm to turn the engine? pretty steep concept for a village
idiot, but think about it next time.

and
you'd be buying some poor fool a motor for scarring (double dee, the English

word for what you are trying to say is "score", not "scar") the piston

how are *you* going to scar the piston, double dee? the screwdriver is resting
on the piston top and backs up slowly out of the spark plug hole as you slowly
rotate the crankshaft to get the piston to tdc. easy, double dee, even for the
village idiot.

or the cylinder
wall.

if *you* can't tell a piston crown (that's what the top of a piston is called,
double dee) from a cylinder wall ask someone to show the difference.

Obviously you have never turned a wrench in your life.

obvious only to someone in a drug altered universe, double dee.

Notice I said wrench
and NOT winch.

yes, I noticed you used the word "wrench" which is the word I assumed at that
moment you intended to use, but why are you telling us that is the word you
intended to use. are you not certain which word you intended to use?

Just because you are physically able

why are you worrying about me physically?

but mentally limited to
turning the ignition switch on a boat

you mean I don't know how to turn the ignition switch on a car, or motorcycle
or airplane? Gee, I have had licenses to operate those vehicles for decades.

doesn't mean you have any knowledge of
mechanics.

well, I know the author of "The Perfect Storm" put a gasoline engine in the
ill-fated fishing boat. Do *you* know how he did that? Do you understand
English well enough to read books without pictures?

You are so sincerely full of ****

"sincerely full" as opposed to "insincerely full"?

your too ignorant to figure
this out for yourself.

I dunno. I have never "scared" a piston with a screwdriver in several decades.

From what I can see you have plenty of people trying
desperatly to explain this to you

lots of people "trying to desparatly (sic) trying to explain" astrology to me,
too, but that cut any weight in informed circles.

but like an alcoholli, your in denial.

now double dee, are you REALLY saying that anyone who disagrees with your idiot
statements re pistons is an alcoholli (where the hell did you get that word?)
in denial? That is 98% of the world.

the dope you smoke has fried your brain.

now double dee, you have slipped on the sidewalk of life and have broken your
ankle. spend a few months healing, visit with your spiritual adviser, get your
teeth fixed and get someone to explain to you the difference between 12-point
and 6-point sockets.

I pulled my chevy 350 out of my s10 had to remove cap for clearance took trans off rotate motor to take fly wheel off so I have to retime motor or can I just put cap back on

Tim Tim is offline

10:50
I pulled my chevy 350 out of my s10 had to remove cap for clearance took trans off rotate motor to take fly wheel off so I have to retime motor or can I just put cap back on

..

:::

If all you did is remove the cap then reinstall the cap. But if you disturbed the distributor then a Re-time would be required.