Tan PS

Default removed distributor but forgot to mark the position of rotor

Open up the left rock cover to see the valves. Turn the engine using a
wrench at the drive pulley nut, removing spark plugs helps, until both #1
cylinder vlaves are closed. This is TDC for #1, position rotor arm at #1
position and reinstall distributor. The timing mark should also line up.

You must sight the #1 valves for this, using the timing mark without the
valves can put you at #6 at TDC with the marks lined up.

Good luck.

"Han" wrote in message
m...
I screw up... didn't read the manual carefully. How can I find out
the original position? or how can I properly re-install the
distributor? I have a 1978 mercruiser 260 (chevy 350 engine).

Thanks for your help.