Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
jim--

Default Cripes...a "show trial" for Saddam?

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
If any ever requires a completely legitimate trial before being hanged,
it is Saddam Hussein. Yet Saddam wasn't represented by his lawyers at
the arraignment this morning. He was alone, facing the judge.

We can't seem to do anything right in Iraq, and yes, I know, the Iraqis
are now running things over there, even though they are not.

Saddam should have had his lawyers present. Period. If we are going to
try to convince the Moslem world and the rest of the world that we
really believe in what we preach, and these trials are legitimate and
"fair," then we have to abide by what we preach. It doesn't matter what
Saddam "deserves," in terms of the outcome. Process matters.

I loved the part where the judge wanted Saddam to sign papers and told
him he didn't need his lawyer present to do it. Saddam refused, as he
should have. You can't trust "the system" anywhere, even if you are a
monster like Saddam Hussein.

Iraqi Court. Iraqi Judge. Iraqi legal system. Understand now?

I figured you would find it in yourself to defend the guy.

Detroit Boat Show L. Sikorski General 5 February 13th 04 04:32 AM
Boating info at the Auto Show Gould 0738 General 0 November 8th 03 07:02 AM
Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show, Anyone? Jim Woodward General 2 October 27th 03 01:21 PM
Boat Show Season Capt Lou General 1 September 16th 03 02:14 AM