Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
K. Smith

Default Advice sought on electric trailer winches...

Just another of your lies hey Harry???

You don't own a boat & never have, not your latest manufactured lie
about the Parker nor the "lobster" boat you claim & you most certainly
didn't launch anything "on your own", the real owners of the Parker
would never ever allow that, not even regular paying charter customers.
You just make these stories up once & a while to try & pretend you're a
boater, to cover for your political lying spam.

Oh well I guess your boat lies are tame compared to your loony left
political lies, Harry the liar of the left.

Here's some of your previous lies, pasted in your own words of course,
about boats & a BS story you made up about your father in your sad
attempts to pretend you're something you're not, & what you are is well
below a turd on a stick.

Harry's own words;

"Have you ever sailed from San Francisco to Hawaii? I have.
Have you ever rounded Cape Horn? I have, twice.
Have you ever transited the Panama Canal? I have.
Have you owned more than 20 boats in your lifetime? I have.
Have you ever sailed large boats competitively? I have.
Have you ever been hundreds of miles from land in a powerboat
under your command? I have."

OR

"My father and his chief mechanic once crossed the Atlantic in
winter in a 22'boat powered by twin outboards. Yes, it is possible,
even the fuel. Got a "fireboat" welcome in NYC."

Harry Krause wrote:
Yesterday, just for the hell of it, I did a solo launch and retrieval of
our Parker 25. The launch was easy, as I was using a deep ramp. The boat
just floated free of the trailer, so I tied it off and parked the tow
vehicle and trailer.

The retrieval was more complicated, but I was able to do it. I'm
wondering, though, whether it would be simpler to buy and install an
electric trailer winch with the capacity to pull the boat up into
position on the trailer. It's a bunk trailer, and, simply by tugging
hard on a line attached to the bow deck chock, I can get the boat pretty
much up on the trailer. I winch it up the remaining two feet using a
hand winch, and, while I can do it, it takes considerable effort. The
winch is sized properly for the boat...but it is a large, heavy boat.

Installing an electric winch on my trailer is not difficult. Where do
you put the battery, though? And...how long do these electric winches
last? I always see guys at the boat ramp struggling with "dead" electric
winches...do they burn out in a hurry? Does rain shorten their lives?

Advice? Brand recommendation? We're talking a 3-1/2 ton boat/motor/fuel
and gear load here, I'd guess.