bumfuzzle

Default Breadmakers and courtesy flags

I am going long term cruising soon and there are two questions I
cannot seem to find answers to.

1. Anybody have a favorite breadmaker that they would recommend.
Also, if you know, how many amps does it draw? I don't need one of
the really big ones since it is just my wife and I. Also, how well do
they work in the tropics.
2. Courtesy Flags. Where do I get them without paying $20 per
country and without making them myself?

Kind of silly questions, but two that I can't figure out.
Thanks.
RG

"bumfuzzle" wrote in message
om...
I am going long term cruising soon and there are two questions I
cannot seem to find answers to.

1. Anybody have a favorite breadmaker that they would recommend.
Also, if you know, how many amps does it draw? I don't need one of
the really big ones since it is just my wife and I.

Panasonic makes one of the better ones. Mine draws 550 watts at 120VAC, or
4.6 amps.

Doug Kanter

"bumfuzzle" wrote in message
om...
I am going long term cruising soon and there are two questions I
cannot seem to find answers to.

1. Anybody have a favorite breadmaker that they would recommend.
Also, if you know, how many amps does it draw? I don't need one of
the really big ones since it is just my wife and I. Also, how well do
they work in the tropics.

You must have a lot of room on that boat. How about this: $20 for a nice big
metal bowl. $3.00 for a good quality kitchen towel to place over the bowl
while the bread is rising inside. $20 for a cast iron frying pan. Search the
web for recipes for pan bread, the kind you can make over a campfire.

Gould 0738

You might find "used" courtesy flags at a second hand marine store.

Keith

1. A big pressure cooker. I have a recipe if you're interested.

2. I'll make them for you for $15 each, with magic markers.

--

Keith
__
"bumfuzzle" wrote in message
om...
I am going long term cruising soon and there are two questions I
cannot seem to find answers to.

1. Anybody have a favorite breadmaker that they would recommend.
Also, if you know, how many amps does it draw? I don't need one of
the really big ones since it is just my wife and I. Also, how well do
they work in the tropics.
2. Courtesy Flags. Where do I get them without paying $20 per
country and without making them myself?

Kind of silly questions, but two that I can't figure out.
Thanks.

bumfuzzle

Thanks to everyone for their hilarious wit. I am aware however that
bread can be made in the oven or a pressure cooker. What I want
though is a breadmaking machine. And yes, my boat is big enough to
hold a breadmaker, thanks for asking.
Doug Kanter

If you insist on being serious about this, take a look at two web sites
which might have the "cream of the crop" in terms of cooking tools.

www.williamssonoma.com

www.cooksworld.com

The 2nd one is a nice little cooking supply place here in Rochester NY. I
believe the owner programmed the web site, thinking he had the skill to do
so. Sometimes it doesn't work with Netscape/Mozilla. I'd call the place
directly and talk to one of the ladies. They're amazingly helpful people,
all of them.

I still say you should leave unnecessary technology behind and learn to make
pan bread. I'm a minimalist when on a boat. If someone on my boat starts
babbling into a cell phone, I will sometimes wrap the anchor rode around
their ankle just ONCE, as a warning. :-)

-Doug

om...