Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
edwin van gorp

Default HELP: mariner 28 hp, sparkplugs stay dry

Dear Friends,

I'm trying to fix an old 2-stroke mariner 28 Hp and I keep running
into the same problem.

I have cleaned the carburator about ten times but when I try to start
the sparkplugs stay dry even with full choke and full throttle! It's a
manual start so I'm starting to look like schwarzenegger!

I've checked these points:
The fuelpump squirts out fuel when trying to start.
When carburator is open I can blow through the nozzle (no
obstruction).
Tried sheet of paper in front of air-filter - sucks in air.
Plugs spark (nothing to do with the fuel though).

And now..... I don't know any more.

Maybe you have some good ideas.

Thanks

Eddy