jojo

Default anyone know where to find this boat cover part?

Our bayliner 17' cover had a rough trip and we broke the slide rail off.
We have been looking for a replacement piece, but have found none the same.
The bayliner is an '87 capri with cuddy.

The support pole has a jaw piece that grips the rail and then there is a
screw to tighten the jaw on the rail for placement.

Any ideas? Would it be easier to just find some other hardware pieces that
could work instead? Any suggestions on what type of hardware would be good
to replace it with?

jo

John H

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 23:10:28 GMT, "jojo" wrote:

Our bayliner 17' cover had a rough trip and we broke the slide rail off.
We have been looking for a replacement piece, but have found none the same.
The bayliner is an '87 capri with cuddy.

The support pole has a jaw piece that grips the rail and then there is a
screw to tighten the jaw on the rail for placement.

Any ideas? Would it be easier to just find some other hardware pieces that
could work instead? Any suggestions on what type of hardware would be good
to replace it with?

jo

Got a picture?

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
Dan Krueger

FYI - Binaries (photos) are not allowed here. That said, you posted two at
about 650 MB each. Those of us without 25" monitors couldn't see them without
scrolling and even then they didn't give a clue to your problem.

Next time use a group like alt.binaries.fishing or post a link to them on a web
page or even a free (Yahoo, etc.) photo site.

Dan

jojo wrote:
Here is a second photo that shows the jaw clamp attached to the rail portion
of the part that I'm trying to replace. The upright pole attaches to the
top of the jaw clamp and the jaw onto the rail, with a screw down to tighten
the jaw and hold the upright pole in place.

Jo
"John H" wrote in message

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 23:10:28 GMT, "jojo" wrote:

Our bayliner 17' cover had a rough trip and we broke the slide rail off.
We have been looking for a replacement piece, but have found none the

same.

The bayliner is an '87 capri with cuddy.

The support pole has a jaw piece that grips the rail and then there is a
screw to tighten the jaw on the rail for placement.

Any ideas? Would it be easier to just find some other hardware pieces

that

could work instead? Any suggestions on what type of hardware would be

good

to replace it with?

jo

Got a picture?

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

jojo

Thank you for the advise.
That said, the photos are 1015Kilobytes not 650 MegaBytes...
I'm not fortunate enough to have a 25" monitor either.
Sorry for the problem. I'll use a web link in the future...

The problem is simple, the silly plastic piece is broken and I'm looking for
a replacement... It's from the '87 model so I'm probably just wasting time.

Dan

ink.net...

"John H" wrote in message

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 23:10:28 GMT, "jojo" wrote:

Our bayliner 17' cover had a rough trip and we broke the slide rail

off.
We have been looking for a replacement piece, but have found none the

same.

The bayliner is an '87 capri with cuddy.

The support pole has a jaw piece that grips the rail and then there is

screw to tighten the jaw on the rail for placement.

Any ideas? Would it be easier to just find some other hardware pieces

that

could work instead? Any suggestions on what type of hardware would be

good

to replace it with?

jo

Got a picture?

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

Calif Bill

West Marine. Is probably a Taylor piece. Did not look at 10 Mb picture.
They do not make the same piece anymore, but they have a 2 piece unit. One
is the slide for the track and the other is for the attachment to the bimini
leg. They screw together. There are 2 different bimini leg types. One is
a 90 degree and the other has a screw going straight through. look in the
West Marine catalog or web site.
Bill

"John H" wrote in message

[...]

Harry's lobster boat? Gould 0738 General 3 December 23rd 03 06:24 AM
1st boat help Diverguy General 21 November 12th 03 06:40 PM
Replacing part of the boat floor.... HELP!! [email protected] General 6 July 29th 03 10:46 PM