Charles T. Low

Default Fisherman's anchor

I'm looking for a anchor which I think I have heard called "Fishermans',"
which can be disassembled for easy storage, and resembles a traditional
Admiralty (Nicholson, Yachtsman or Herreshoff) anchor.

Some anchoring references say things along the lines of "when all else
fails, a general solution which often works (despite many limitations and
drawbacks) is the old-fashioned Admiralty anchor ..."

I would like to have a look at one, and consider carrying it as perhaps a
third anchor on my boat.

But I can't find a supplier.

Thanks to all.

Charles

====

Charles T. Low
- remove "UN"
www.boatdocking.com/BDPhoto.html - Photo Contest
www.boatdocking.com
www.ctlow.ca/Trojan26 - my boat

====

Why need anchor chain? Ivan Yonge General 171 October 5th 04 03:27 AM
What anchor should I buy? Ree-Yees General 89 May 22nd 04 09:05 PM
horizon windlass anchor shoobee General 2 May 13th 04 12:22 PM
Anchor rollers John Kenison General 5 February 23rd 04 08:38 PM
Video Tutorial, Tying a Fisherman's Bend Knots-lover General 19 February 23rd 04 03:36 AM