Fucktard

Default OT--why the 18-29 year olds support Kerry

Doug Kanter wrote:

"jim--" wrote in message

"NOYB" wrote in message
link.net...

"****tard" wrote in message
thlink.net...

NOYB wrote:

"****tard" wrote in message
arthlink.net...

NOYB wrote:

"John Gaquin" wrote in message

"****tard" wrote in message news:0Z5xc.5954

......the modern
inhabitants of Greece are referred to, in English as
Greeks. ONLY as Greeks. Period. Full stop. The end.

'Grecian' is ONLY an adjective, never a noun.

Ahhhhh. Another dumb**** liberal to enter the fray.

Nope. Not a liberal at all.

"Grecian" is another name for a "greek".

No, it isn't. "grecian" is an adjective, ONLY; it is
not a noun, and it NEVER refers to persons, only
things, e.g. "Ode to a Grecian Urn", a famous poem by
John Keats,

Putz. Read the King James version of the Bible. "Greeks" and

"Grecians"

are used interchangeably...and they're both NOUNS.

Douchebag. The English used in the King James version
of the bible is archaic, and the translations from
Hebrew and Greek are considered by modern bible
scholars to be terrible. That's why several other
versions of the bible have been developed.

BTW--the King James version of the Bible is a little more "famous"

than

your

"famous" poem by Keats.

It's also archaic, and to the best of my knowledge no
longer used by any major Christian denomination. There
are some lowbrow stupid fundamentalists who still use
it, because they like the wrong translations.

I suppose you favored the Cliff Notes over the real thing, eh? Or were

you

a Monarch Notes kid?

The more current bible translations are translations of the King James
version you nincompoop! If the King James version was a "wrong
translation", then what does that make each of the derivations of that
translation?

NOYB, don't waste your time with the moron. Everyone (well except for
****head) knows it is a noun and is used to refer to the people of

ancient

Greece (or Greek Jews as used in the Bible), just as Romans is used to

refer

to the ancient people of Rome.

Once again, you've missed the point. We're talking about a modern (?),
living (maybe) person, your president, using the word. There's no debate
over whether the word was commonly used 2000 years ago.

Here's a crazy thought: Why do you suppose GREEKS don't use that term to
describe themselves, their native country, or anything about their culture?

Why do you suppose the CIA World Factbook *also* gives
*ONLY* 'Greek' as the noun and adjective used to refer
to the people of Greece?

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/...gr.html#People

Answer: because that's what they're called. They are
not called "Grecians" by anyone who knows how to tie
his own shoes.

I imagine these same ****wits who are insisting
"Grecian" is correct also still want to call Asians
"Orientals". It's just wrong, and there's no
meaningful argument about it.

NOYB

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"NOYB" wrote in message
k.net...

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"NOYB" wrote in message
nk.net...

Oh, puh-lease....STOP making these lame excuses for the stunatz in

the
White house, eh? You're smarter than he is, and that's not much of

compliment!

Bush has no language abilities. If he used Grecian, it was out of
ignorance. Period.

I'm no longer arguing that Bush used the term properly. However, to

imply
that it's a "made up" word, or that it's only an adjective and not a

noun,
is wrong.

I still stand my reasoning that the word was in his head from his

Bible
studies...and not from "a Discovery Channel program about

archeologists
digging up Grecian urns". In the Bible, it is used as a noun to

describe
inhabitants of Greece.

1) I don't have the patience to find out who said it was a made-up

word,
but
it wasn't me.

2) Please write a one-sentence response to a friend who says he's

going
somnambulist for help with quitting smoking.

A somnambulist? You better check your dictionary. Then you'll get my
one-sentence response.

No thank, NOYB. In the 1800s, a person who attempted to practice hypnotism
(usually at carnivals, alongside the snake oil vendors) was called a
somnambulist because their victims usually fell asleep.

Ohhhhhh. I was wondering why you kept asking me about sleepwalkers.

Please try and remember that I've got about 40 years' more education than
you do.

I'm 33. Are you 73?

Of course, you could be talking "formal education". If you count pre-k and
kindergarten as "formal education", I have 22 years of "formal education".
Assuming you started pre-k at age 4, you'd need to be 66 years old to have
40 more years of education.

Now, back to my question about your friend who's quitting
smoking....

I'd ask him why he doesn't try Zyban and Nicoderm instead.

Fucktard

jim-- wrote:

"NOYB" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"jim--" wrote in message

"NOYB" wrote in message
thlink.net...

"****tard" wrote in message
arthlink.net...

NOYB wrote:

"****tard" wrote in message
.earthlink.net...

"****tard" wrote in message

[...]

I have you killfiled so I have to reply through NOYB:

Actually Doug you missed the point (not surprising). It was previously
asserted that the word was not a noun. It certainly is and is still used
today when referencing the ancient Greek people.

You are smart enough to understand that, aren't you?

You are (barely) smart enough to understand that when
****wit Bush said "Grecians", he was talking about
contemporary inhabitants of Greece, NOT "ancient Greek
people". Please...you are, aren't you?

NOYB

"****tard" wrote in message
ink.net...
NOYB wrote:

Doug Kanter wrote:

"NOYB" wrote in message

"John Gaquin" wrote in message

"****tard" wrote in message news:0Z5xc.5954

......the modern
inhabitants of Greece are referred to, in English as
Greeks. ONLY as Greeks. Period. Full stop. The end.

'Grecian' is ONLY an adjective, never a noun.

Ahhhhh. Another dumb**** liberal to enter the fray. You seem quite

bit

dumber than the rest...except, perhaps for basskisser. Perhaps you

two

are

related?

"Grecian" is another name for a "greek". Go get a dictionary.

Maybe

one

of

the smarter liberals could read it to you.

Hmm. Another dumb **** who was left back 3 times in 9th grade, AND

missed

the GEDs. Grecian is an adjective. Greek is a noun.

Well, "Grecian" may be used as a noun

Uh-oh...your mentor doesn't agree with you, Doug. See what happens

when

you

follow the stupid likes of ****tard and basskisser?

...but no one really uses it as one. And Bush's use of it was out of
ignorance, not out of knowledge of language or nuance of usage.

Bush frequently quotes from the bible...sometimes to a fault. The King
James version of the Bible uses the term "Grecian" to describe people of
Greece, so it's logical to conclude that Bush picked up the word

"Grecian"
from the bible.

Nevertheless, Kanter and ****tard have tried to argue that it's not a

noun.
That's just dumb.

You stupid, STUPID fat ****. Read it and weep.

From the CIA World Factbook,

Nobody gives any credence to what the CIA has to say anymore.

Doug Kanter

"NOYB" wrote in message
k.net...

Please try and remember that I've got about 40 years' more education

than
you do.

I'm 33. Are you 73?

Of course, you could be talking "formal education". If you count pre-k

and
kindergarten as "formal education", I have 22 years of "formal education".
Assuming you started pre-k at age 4, you'd need to be 66 years old to have
40 more years of education.

You know exactly what I mean.

Now, back to my question about your friend who's quitting
smoking....

I'd ask him why he doesn't try Zyban and Nicoderm instead.

Nice squirm!

Doug Kanter

"****tard" wrote in message
ink.net...

Why do you suppose the CIA World Factbook *also* gives
*ONLY* 'Greek' as the noun and adjective used to refer
to the people of Greece?

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/...gr.html#People

Another reason: State Department people are sometimes called upon to visit
countries which aren't their normal stomping grounds. They're expected to
not look or sound like morons. The factbook's a quick way to brush up on the
basics. Of course, this isn't necessary for the president.

Fucktard

NOYB wrote:

You stupid, STUPID fat ****. Read it and weep.

From the CIA World Factbook,

Nobody gives any credence to what the CIA has to say anymore.

Except when it provides for President Fratboy's
preconceived notion to invade the country that
humiliated his daddy, right?

Say it, ****wit: the contemporary inhabitants of
Greece are Greeks, NEVER "Grecians". Say it, you
stupid ****.

Harry Krause

jim-- wrote:

"NOYB" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"jim--" wrote in message

"NOYB" wrote in message
thlink.net...

"****tard" wrote in message
arthlink.net...

NOYB wrote:

"****tard" wrote in message
.earthlink.net...

"****tard" wrote in message

[...]

This must be something new, Dennis, because when I studied the classics
in college, no one used the word "Grecian" as a noun in reference to the
people of historic Greece. No one. Greco-Roman. Grecian urn. Grecian
culture. People of Greece. Greeks.

DSK

NOYB wrote:
As nouns Greek and Grecian may not be completely interchangable.

Hello! Hello! Anybody there?

... Both
Greek and Grecian can reference a person.

No they can't.

People who live in the country of Greece are Greek. An object _might_ be
referred to as Grecian, but the most recent reference I can think of is
Keat's 'Ode To A Grecian Urn' and that was written in 1819 and used the
word 'Grecian' as a poetic device.

... For example, you could say, "the
Grecian sat in a dark corner of the restaraunt, keeping an eye on the
partners' dealings."

You could say that if you are either 1- a moron or 2- a really desperate
Bush lackey trying hard to cover up option #1.

DSK

DSK

NOYB wrote:
Nobody gives any credence to what the CIA has to say anymore.

Yeah, the heck with those guys... they tried to tell Buch & Cheney that
Iraq probably did not have WMDs... friggin' dummies, what do *they* know...

DSK