Chris

Default starting old merc

Hi there,

I had a quick question for those of you with experience with these old merc
motors (1972 types). When starting them, clearly there is a choke to turn
on (manual or the electric from the console), but should I be giving some
throttle as well? Or is it best to just leave the throttle down at idle?

From a cool engine she seems to take quite a bit of farting around with to
get running, but once she's started up, then its easy.

Cheers

Digit

What size Merc and about how many hours of running time

Chris

80 merc, and not hours, but minutes

"Digit" wrote in message
lkaboutboats.com...
What size Merc and about how many hours of running time

Clams Canino

Total???

-W

"Chris" wrote in message
.. .
80 merc, and not hours, but minutes

"Digit" wrote in message
lkaboutboats.com...
What size Merc and about how many hours of running time

Chris

total on motor, have no idea, she's an old one.

"Clams Canino" wrote in message
link.net...
Total???

-W

"Chris" wrote in message
.. .
80 merc, and not hours, but minutes

"Digit" wrote in message
lkaboutboats.com...
What size Merc and about how many hours of running time

LD

Who's on first? :-)
LD

"Chris" wrote in message
.. .
total on motor, have no idea, she's an old one.

"Clams Canino" wrote in message
link.net...
Total???

-W

"Chris" wrote in message
.. .
80 merc, and not hours, but minutes

"Digit" wrote in message
lkaboutboats.com...
What size Merc and about how many hours of running time

Chris

That would be a min or two

"Chris" wrote in message
.. .
total on motor, have no idea, she's an old one.

"Clams Canino" wrote in message
link.net...
Total???

-W

"Chris" wrote in message
.. .
80 merc, and not hours, but minutes

"Digit" wrote in message
lkaboutboats.com...
What size Merc and about how many hours of running time