basskisser

Default Ronald Reagan

"NOYB" wrote in message nk.net...
"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
"NOYB" wrote in message

God bless you President Reagan. Thank you for your service to our

country.

Lemming.

No class.

So, you think that if someone has class, they should automatically and
instantly bow down and kiss the ring of someone just because they
died?
John Smith

"basskisser" wrote in message

This from a person that has NO compassion for human life, has stated
more than once that we should nuke several countries, the result being
the lives of millions of people.....

Are you referring to the person who stated we should carpet bomb Iraq and
turn their infrastructure to dust?

basskisser

"NOYB" wrote in message

God bless you President Reagan. Thank you for your service to our

country.

Lemming.

Poor Kevin Noble, his brain riddled with FAS.

Hey, JoeTechnician, I'll be in Florida in two weeks. Care to get
together for a beer? I'll be in Masaryktown, near Brookesville.

To everybody: watch and notice how he hides behind the newsgroup, in
his own scared little world of privacy.net.....poor little thing.
Joe

"NOYB" wrote in message

God bless you President Reagan. Thank you for your service to our

country.

Lemming.

Poor Kevin Noble, his brain riddled with FAS.

Hey, JoeTechnician, I'll be in Florida in two weeks. Care to get
together for a beer? I'll be in Masaryktown, near Brookesville.

To everybody: watch and notice how he hides behind the newsgroup, in
his own scared little world of privacy.net.....poor little thing.

Symptoms of FAS (Fetal Alcohol Syndrome)

Complex pattern of behavioral and learning problems- Check
Difficulties with memory, attention and judgment.- Check
Mental retardation.- Check
Facial abnormalities- TBD
Aggression.- Check

Harry Krause

"Joe" wrote in message

"basskisser" wrote in message
e.com...

"NOYB" wrote in message

God bless you President Reagan. Thank you for your service to our

country.

Lemming.

Poor Kevin Noble, his brain riddled with FAS.

Hey, JoeTechnician, I'll be in Florida in two weeks. Care to get
together for a beer? I'll be in Masaryktown, near Brookesville.

To everybody: watch and notice how he hides behind the newsgroup, in
his own scared little world of privacy.net.....poor little thing.

Symptoms of FAS (Fetal Alcohol Syndrome)

Complex pattern of behavioral and learning problems- Check
Difficulties with memory, attention and judgment.- Check
Mental retardation.- Check
Facial abnormalities- TBD
Aggression.- Check

Well, that covers Dubya...
Fucktard

Gould 0738 wrote:
Reagan was the most "presidential" personality to occupy the White House
in the last thirty years. It's possible to disagree with political philosophy
(as I did and do) and still respect the person.

(Or at least is was. These extremist days, you're either on board 100% or
you're "evil").

You're right about that. It cuts both ways, of course.
BOTH major parties seem to have been hijacked by
people who have a need to demonize their opponents. In
my opinion, it's somewhat worse among Republicans than
among Democrats, but I remember vividly the vitriol and
venom directed at Reagan.

Regan redeemed Republican presidential politics after the Nixon/Agnew/Ford
scandals, "pardons", and general disgrace.

Despite the supposedly high approval ratings he enjoyed
at the end of his second term, his political career,
like that of virtually all political giants, ended in
failu Iran-Contra. He almost certainly knew what
was going on, and probably could have been impeached.
It was the very worst sort of scandal, involving a
truly frightening subversion of the constitution.

He did as much as any individual
person did to bring an end to the Cold War.

I voted for Reagan, once. Although the endorsement had nothing to do with my
vote, that could have been the same year that organized labor, (Teamsters,
anyway), took the unusual step of endorsing a Republican for president.

By the same token Reagan was probably one of the few Republican politicians who
had served as the head of a major labor union himself. (S.A.G.)

He wasn't a Republican at the time.

With the death of Reagan, it's difficult to identify a living, modern, icon of
practical conservatism.

That's because the sort of conservatism espoused by
Reagan no longer exists. The current president and his
administration, especially John Ashcroft, are decidedly
NOT conservative.

So many on both sides today are "my way or the
highway," we are in danger of losing the art of creative and effective
compromise in government.

It's too bad that President Reagan died.

He was 93 years old, for****ssake, with a debilitating
illness! What different outcome did you have in mind?

(Why is it easier to say "President
Reagan" than "President Clinton" or "President Bush"?) Until some brighter
light emerges from among the major players on the current political scene,
(both incumbents and challengers), we may have to conclude, with regret, that
they just don't make many people like that any more.

I agree that Reagan was a giant. I agree also that we
are not likely to see anyone of his stature for a
generation or two to come.

The only up side is that his suffering is finally over. Ther may be more
dignity in a peaceful death than he was enjoying in the last flickers of a
difficult daily life.

Nancy Reagan epitomized love as she cared for Ronnie over the last 10 years or
so. In her own way, she has shown an unusual strength of character as well.

I always think of the lines from Tennyson
when somebody I liked or respected passes on. If you read this slowly, and
contemplate the meaning of each line, it's extremely beautiful. Reagan was a
horseman, not a boater as far as I know, but here is anyway:

Sunset and evening star,
And one clear call for me!
And may there be no moaning of the bar,
When I put out to sea,
But such a tide as moving seems asleep,
Too full for sound and foam,
When that which drew from out the boundless deep
Turns again home.

Twilight and evening bell,
And after that the dark!
And may there be no sadness of farewell,
When I embark;
For tho' from out our bourne of Time and Place
The flood may bear me far,
I hope to see my Pilot face to face
When I have crost the bar.

NOYB

"NOYB" wrote in message

God bless you President Reagan. Thank you for your service to our

country.

Lemming.

Poor Kevin Noble, his brain riddled with FAS.

Hey, JoeTechnician, I'll be in Florida in two weeks. Care to get
together for a beer? I'll be in Masaryktown, near Brookesville.

Masaryktown? Yup. Seems like your kind of place.

Masaryktown compared to Florida state average:
a.. Median house value below state average.
b.. Median age significantly above state average.
c.. Renting percentage below state average.
d.. Number of college students below state average.
e.. Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher
significantly below state average.

Harry Krause

"NOYB" wrote in message

God bless you President Reagan. Thank you for your service to our

country.

Lemming.

Poor Kevin Noble, his brain riddled with FAS.

Hey, JoeTechnician, I'll be in Florida in two weeks. Care to get
together for a beer? I'll be in Masaryktown, near Brookesville.

Masaryktown? Yup. Seems like your kind of place.

Masaryktown compared to Florida state average:
a.. Median house value below state average.
b.. Median age significantly above state average.
c.. Renting percentage below state average.
d.. Number of college students below state average.
e.. Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher
significantly below state average.

I'd be wary if I were you. Your part of Florida, while affluent, is not
the kind of place I'd choose to live. No major league hospitals,
universities, orchestras, museums, and all that goes with them. Not even
any great historical significance.
NOYB

"NOYB" wrote in message

God bless you President Reagan. Thank you for your service to our

country.

Lemming.

Poor Kevin Noble, his brain riddled with FAS.

Hey, JoeTechnician, I'll be in Florida in two weeks. Care to get
together for a beer? I'll be in Masaryktown, near Brookesville.

Masaryktown? Yup. Seems like your kind of place.

Masaryktown compared to Florida state average:
a.. Median house value below state average.
b.. Median age significantly above state average.
c.. Renting percentage below state average.
d.. Number of college students below state average.
e.. Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher
significantly below state average.

I'd be wary if I were you. Your part of Florida, while affluent, is not
the kind of place I'd choose to live.

Uh-oh. It doesn't land on harry's approval list?

No major league hospitals,

The Cleveland Clinic in Naples is only open for about 3 or 4 years. Give it
time. We just had a Bascomb Palmer Eye Institute open as well.

universities,

No, it's not a university town...yet. The founder of Domino's Pizza has
donated a quarter of a billion dollars to build the "Notre Dame of the
South" just 15 miles East of where I live. We'll have to see where it
stands academically in about 15 years from now.

http://members.aol.com/kq4ym/avemaria.html

orchestras,

Naples Philharmonic Orchestra

http://www.thephil.org/index2.html

museums, and all that goes with them.

Neither does your "town". Museums are found in large cities...which Naples
is not.

Not even
any great historical significance.

Not sure how that matters?