Gould 0738

Default OT--Terrific employment news again

Then I retract my apology for initially providing you with inaccurate data
on the boat speed/economy thread.

No apology was sought.

I wanted to bronze your admission of error, (a rare item), not the apology.

If you care to apologize for accusing me of being a liar, I'd accept that.

You might have noticed that when our perspectives differed in the boat speed
thread I never stooped to insult. It really is possible to take different sides
without getting all grammar school about it. Yes, it's increasingly rare but
diplomacy is an art we would all do well to cultivate.

Joe

"NOYB" wrote in message
nk.net...

Geez, Gould, I gave you a flat-out "apology" (that you were going to

bronze)
in the boat speed thread. You, OTH, in true liberal fashion, blame

somebody
else.

It's more than I expected.

Last time he was proven wrong on BLS statistics he faded into the
background.

NOYB

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
Then I retract my apology for initially providing you with inaccurate

data
on the boat speed/economy thread.

No apology was sought.

I wanted to bronze your admission of error, (a rare item), not the

apology.

If you care to apologize for accusing me of being a liar, I'd accept that.

You lied, thus the label of "liar". Of course, once caught in the lie, you
simply stated you were "misinformed"...which is a second lie.

Liar.

You might have noticed that when our perspectives differed in the boat

speed
thread I never stooped to insult. It really is possible to take different

sides
without getting all grammar school about it. Yes, it's increasingly rare

but
diplomacy is an art we would all do well to cultivate.

NOYB

"Joe" wrote in message

"NOYB" wrote in message
nk.net...

Geez, Gould, I gave you a flat-out "apology" (that you were going to

bronze)
in the boat speed thread. You, OTH, in true liberal fashion, blame

somebody
else.

It's more than I expected.

Last time he was proven wrong on BLS statistics he faded into the
background.

It's the new and unimproved Gould.

Didn't he say he was going to stay out of political threads?

What a liar!

jim--

"Joe" wrote in message

"NOYB" wrote in message
nk.net...

Geez, Gould, I gave you a flat-out "apology" (that you were going to

bronze)
in the boat speed thread. You, OTH, in true liberal fashion, blame

somebody
else.

It's more than I expected.

Last time he was proven wrong on BLS statistics he faded into the
background.

He has made several blunders here and has yet to say he was wrong. The guy
has an ego problem.

Paul Fritz

"jim--" wrote in message

"Joe" wrote in message

"NOYB" wrote in message
nk.net...

Geez, Gould, I gave you a flat-out "apology" (that you were going to

bronze)
in the boat speed thread. You, OTH, in true liberal fashion, blame

somebody
else.

It's more than I expected.

Last time he was proven wrong on BLS statistics he faded into the
background.

He has made several blunders here and has yet to say he was wrong. The

guy
has an ego problem.

Typical arrogance for a liebral

John Smith

I would not consider Gould's mistake to be a lie, it was a misunderstanding,
which we all make. I have found whenever I read something in the newspaper
that just doesn't seem right, it normally isn't. Newspapers are not the
ultimate source of correct information, even the best of them write articles
designed to sell newspapers. I remember reading about how the US was at the
bottom of the barrel in education. When I checked into it, the tests were
not given to the same population in all countries. The test was only given
to people in the 12 yr. of education. In most countries at the age of 15 or
16 the students either continue on in the academic track, or change over to
trade school. In non US countries only the best and brightest stay on the
academic track and the average person is taken out of the testing pool. In
the US all students stay on the academic track until 12 grade, so the US
testing population included the best, the average and the dumbest, skewing
the results of the test.

At no time, was this ever discussed in any of the articles I read.

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
"NOYB" wrote in message
nk.net...

Gulp! Does that mean Gould "lied" when he said that burger flippers

*were*
reclassified as manufacturing jobs?

Maybe just gullible.

More precisely, misled by the administration's own recommendation that
fast food jobs should now be considered manufacturing.

(Sort of like "ketchup counts as a vegetable in a school lunch")

Whatever the source of my misinformation, I do hereby admit to being
underinformed and reaching an erroneous conclusion. You guys have to be

correct
once in a while, how the heck else could you be called the "right" wing?

:-)

Now, if I said that DC hookers were being counted as a "service industry",
*that* would be a lie.

John Smith

NOYB,
It can only be considered a lie, if the person knew the information was
incorrect and continued to repeat the information. I read the same info
that Gould did, and when he made the statement I tried to find out if the
change in manufacturing jobs had actually been implemented. I could not
find any reference to the change being rejected by the administration.
Joe, did a great job of going to the source and asking the question, but the
fact that Gould did not, does not make him a liar.

"NOYB" wrote in message

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
[...]

John Smith

Chuck,
The erroneous conclusion was made by most of the people in government,
including the previous two administration. The fact that Clinton and Bush,
and members of both parties in Congress made a mistake, doesn't make any of
them a liar.

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
Sounds an awful lot like Colin and George with reference to WMD in Iraq.

You
knew that was coming, right Chuck?

Yes, it does. Too bad the results of their erroneous conclusion aren't as
benign as the results of mine. :-)

NOYB

"NOYB" wrote in message

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
[...]

John,
Gould stated "mini-wage burger flippers were reclassified as "manufacturing"
workers".

When I pointed out he was wrong, he made at least a dozen or so posts
defending his original claim.

He was being intentionally deceptive (ie--purposely spinning the facts to
suit his intended goal of discrediting a positive economic report) In my
World, spinning is lying. With all of the spin coming out of Washington and
the media, you've just become immune to that fact.