*JimH*

Default Marine Engine Antifreeze

In the past when I had twin drives I have had the marina complete all my
winterizing. I now have a single drive and am giving it a go myself this
year, including the lower IO unit and engine.

A question:

Is regular automotive type antifreeze (e.g. Prestone) better for the engine
than the colored stuff sold at boat stores (such as
http://tinyurl.com/cpfbn ).

I realize that the automotive type is not environmentally friendly and if
used I would address that issue when starting up the engine in Spring.

TIA for your help. ;-)

*JimH* wrote:
In the past when I had twin drives I have had the marina complete all my
winterizing. I now have a single drive and am giving it a go myself this
year, including the lower IO unit and engine.

A question:

Is regular automotive type antifreeze (e.g. Prestone) better for the engine
than the colored stuff sold at boat stores (such as
http://tinyurl.com/cpfbn ).

I realize that the automotive type is not environmentally friendly and if
used I would address that issue when starting up the engine in Spring.

TIA for your help. ;-)

Time to ruin a thread, just like you do to everything I post or reply
to. So, when are you going to live up to your promise to not call
people childish names, to not post off topic, to not be inflammatory?
By the way, if you are THAT ignorant about antifreeze, I suggest you
pay someone to do it. At least a tiny bit of mechanical aptitude is
needed.

*JimH*

wrote in message
oups.com...

*JimH* wrote:
In the past when I had twin drives I have had the marina complete all my
winterizing. I now have a single drive and am giving it a go myself
this
year, including the lower IO unit and engine.

A question:

Is regular automotive type antifreeze (e.g. Prestone) better for the
engine
than the colored stuff sold at boat stores (such as
http://tinyurl.com/cpfbn ).

I realize that the automotive type is not environmentally friendly and if
used I would address that issue when starting up the engine in Spring.

TIA for your help. ;-)

Time to ruin a thread, just like you do to everything I post or reply
to. So, when are you going to live up to your promise to not call
people childish names, to not post off topic, to not be inflammatory?

1. This post was not off topic.
2. No childish names or inflammatory remarks were made.

By the way, if you are THAT ignorant about antifreeze, I suggest you
pay someone to do it. At least a tiny bit of mechanical aptitude is
needed.

1. Your reply to this thread is off topic.
2. Your reply contains childish name calling and inflammatory remarks.

Time to look in the mirror Kevin. ;-)

PocoLoco

On 21 Sep 2005 14:26:17 -0700, wrote:

*JimH* wrote:
[...]

When are you going to tell the truth about your fake motorcycle?
--
John H

Starbuck

wrote in message
oups.com...
Time to ruin a thread,

If nothing else, Mr. Noble is consistent.

*JimH*

"*JimH*" wrote in message
In the past when I had twin drives I have had the marina complete all my
winterizing. I now have a single drive and am giving it a go myself this
year, including the lower IO unit and engine.

A question:

Is regular automotive type antifreeze (e.g. Prestone) better for the
engine than the colored stuff sold at boat stores (such as
http://tinyurl.com/cpfbn ).

I realize that the automotive type is not environmentally friendly and if
used I would address that issue when starting up the engine in Spring.

TIA for your help. ;-)

Please..............ignore alt-man2 (Kevin) who attempted to take this on
topic post off topic and destroy the thread.

My question remains.

Thanks!

Bill McKee

"*JimH*" wrote in message

"*JimH*" wrote in message
In the past when I had twin drives I have had the marina complete all my
winterizing. I now have a single drive and am giving it a go myself
this year, including the lower IO unit and engine.

A question:

Is regular automotive type antifreeze (e.g. Prestone) better for the
engine than the colored stuff sold at boat stores (such as
http://tinyurl.com/cpfbn ).

I realize that the automotive type is not environmentally friendly and if
used I would address that issue when starting up the engine in Spring.

TIA for your help. ;-)

Please..............ignore alt-man2 (Kevin) who attempted to take this on
topic post off topic and destroy the thread.

My question remains.

Thanks!

You can buy the pink stuff, the Propylene Glycol at lots of hardware and RV
stores. Same stuff as the boat stuff.

Dan J.S.

"*JimH*" wrote in message
In the past when I had twin drives I have had the marina complete all my
winterizing. I now have a single drive and am giving it a go myself this
year, including the lower IO unit and engine.

A question:

Is regular automotive type antifreeze (e.g. Prestone) better for the
engine than the colored stuff sold at boat stores (such as
http://tinyurl.com/cpfbn ).

I realize that the automotive type is not environmentally friendly and if
used I would address that issue when starting up the engine in Spring.

TIA for your help. ;-)

Vodka is your best bet. I use that to winterize my RV and boat.

*JimH*

"Dan J.S." wrote in message

"*JimH*" wrote in message
In the past when I had twin drives I have had the marina complete all my
winterizing. I now have a single drive and am giving it a go myself
this year, including the lower IO unit and engine.

A question:

Is regular automotive type antifreeze (e.g. Prestone) better for the
engine than the colored stuff sold at boat stores (such as
http://tinyurl.com/cpfbn ).

I realize that the automotive type is not environmentally friendly and if
used I would address that issue when starting up the engine in Spring.

TIA for your help. ;-)

Vodka is your best bet. I use that to winterize my RV and boat.

Armadale,Absolut or Kalashnikov? ;-)

Dan J.S.

"*JimH*" wrote in message

"Dan J.S." wrote in message

"*JimH*" wrote in message
In the past when I had twin drives I have had the marina complete all my
winterizing. I now have a single drive and am giving it a go myself
this year, including the lower IO unit and engine.

A question:

Is regular automotive type antifreeze (e.g. Prestone) better for the
engine than the colored stuff sold at boat stores (such as
http://tinyurl.com/cpfbn ).

I realize that the automotive type is not environmentally friendly and
if used I would address that issue when starting up the engine in
Spring.

TIA for your help. ;-)

Vodka is your best bet. I use that to winterize my RV and boat.

Armadale,Absolut or Kalashnikov? ;-)

The cheap stuff (like $5 a gallon)... this is really good in my RV,... no
weird after tastes, etc... makes u a bit happier when you open your site in
the spring

more diesel power [email protected] Cruising 15 July 2nd 05 04:45 PM
2005 West Marine catalog announed [email protected] General 23 March 5th 05 02:48 PM
Just a few names... John Smith General 0 May 2nd 04 11:32 PM
ANNOUNCE: Steerage Marine - All Africa Marine Search Engine in South Africa [email protected] Marketplace 0 March 24th 04 02:35 PM
marine engine repair schools? RUTH RUSHING General 3 July 30th 03 12:19 AM