Sam

b'asskisser lied about something, attempted to cover it up with fictionalized
web 'cut'n'pastes, and continues to push that as the truth.

"Bush lies" = 544,000 hits in .07 seconds
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22Bush+lies%22
"Basskisser lies" = 0 hits
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...&btnG=Sear ch

Proof positive of Basskissers sterling reputation. Sam

PocoLoco

On 14 Sep 2005 14:00:42 -0700, "Sam" wrote:

b'asskisser lied about something, attempted to cover it up with fictionalized
web 'cut'n'pastes, and continues to push that as the truth.

"Bush lies" = 544,000 hits in .07 seconds
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22Bush+lies%22
"Basskisser lies" = 0 hits
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...&btnG=Sear ch

Proof positive of Basskissers sterling reputation. Sam

Check it out:

Results 1 - 10 of about 7,890,000 for kevin lies. (0.59 seconds)

You did it wrong.
--
John H

Starbuck's

Gould,

You have never responded to my posts about the importance of local and state
governments being the front line defense in emergency situations. Did you
rethink your position and decide it is important that all local and state
governments learn from the disaster so it does not happen in another area?

We need to make sure the mistakes of New Orleans, Louisiana and FEMA are not
repeated. If we focus all of our attention on FEMA and Bush, it is for
political gain, and not because anyone is really interested in correcting
the problem.

Since you did not respond, I had the feeling you agreed your original
position was made in haste.

wrote in message
oups.com...

PocoLoco wrote:
On 14 Sep 2005 08:01:13 -0700, wrote:

wrote:
This is good stuff.

By Mark Morford, SF Gate Columnist

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Printable Version
Email This Article

Mark Morford
Archives
Subscribe to Notes & Errata
Subscribe to RSS Feed
Who is this guy?

The Storm That Ate The GOP - Who will pity the soulless Republic...
09/14/2005
George W. Bush Still Rocks! - Stop criticizing! The rich man's C...
09/09/2005

Burning Man Defies Katrina? - In the wake of epic tragedy, how c...
09/07/2005

Can you hear that? That low scraping moan, that painful scream, that
compressed hissing wail like the sound of an angry alligator caught in
a vice?

Why, it's the GOP, and they're screaming, "No, no it can't be, oh my
God, please no, this damnable Katrina thing is just an unstoppable PR
disaster for us!"

After all (they wail), who woulda thought dissing all those poor black
people and letting so many of them die in filth and misery in the
Superdome while our pampered CEO president enjoyed yet another vacation
would cause such an ugly backlash, such harsh criticism of the
glorious, rich-über-alles GOP creed?

Who knew it would lay bare our deeply inbred agenda of social injustice
and civil neglect, and our systematic abuse of the country? This storm
thing is so not the thing we need right now because, oh my God look,
just look! We've been so golden! We've had the run of the candy store!
We have been gods among swine!

Can you hear them? Hastert to DeLay to Frist to Santorum to Rove to
Cheney to Bush himself, across the board and all down the snickering
party line they keen, "It's not fair! We've been planning this regime,
this overthrow for 40 years! We've worked so damn hard to drive a wedge
into the culture and an ice pick into the heart of the nation, working
like demons on meth to mangle this country's economy and sense of pride
so as to boost corporate profits and lock down our wealth and empire!"

And now Katrina. And now a furious backlash we never predicted that
could very well spell the death of our wanton free-for-all gluttony.
Damn you, Mother Nature! Damn you, uppity female!

Just listen. Isn't that Dick Cheney, lying awake at night as the
leeches drain his soul, muttering his woes to a well-narcotized Lynne?
"Dammit, Lynney, what went wrong? We've got the House locked up and the
Senate locked up and we can cram through any law or any referendum or
toxic Patriot Act we like with next-to-zero outcry and no discussion on
the floor ..."

We're successfully stuffing the lower courts with hundreds of
homophobic neoconservative misogynist appointees and now we even own
the Supreme Court -- the Supreme Court, pudding-thighs! -- and even the
increasingly impotent California governor is more in our back pocket
than we imagined. We've had the whole goddamn country under our thumb
for five years, squirming like a stuck rat as we make out like robber
barons.

What a run we've had! We've threatened major media into numb compliance
and we run the FCC the way a pimp runs a cheap hooker and we've got a
loudmouth right-wing pundit manning nearly every ideological outpost in
every corner of the media globe while millions of stupefied 'Murkins
still believe Fox News is a genuine source of integrity and honesty.
Look at us go!

And don't forget, to back it all up and shore up the base, we've got so
many hate-spitting pseudo-religious bonk jobs broadcasting their bile
across roughly 1,600 militant Christian Midwestern talk-radio shows it
would make Jesus himself cringe in pain, and even that soulless cretin
Pat Robertson is comfy enough to start suggesting we assassinate
foreign leaders who dare to dis BushCo.

Look what we've accomplished! We launched two brutal, devastating,
unwinnable wars. We've let Osama bin Laden run happy and free for over
four years, and counting. We just passed an obscene $12.3 billion
energy bill that ensures our heroin-like dependency on foreign oil for
the next two decades while misinformed 'Murkin GIs die in Iraq
protecting us from $5 gallons of gas. Damn, we're good!

We torture innocent detainees in Iraq and abuse inmates at Guantánamo
and chip away at women's rights and demonize homosexuals, and we strip
the forests and gut the Clean Air Act and pollute the water and
devastate the economy and cut welfare spending (whew!), and still the
lemming people think we're gods because we keep them wrapped in fear
and a whole pile of carefully orchestrated Rove-ian lies. We are, in
short, f--ing geniuses.

But now, this. Now BushCo's spineless Katrina response and our party's
obvious contempt for lazy poor people who don't own SUVs and
Lockheed-Martin portfolios means Dubya's ratings have plummeted below
40, as many of his precious pet agenda items head for the Dumpster,
including the gutting of Social Security and the gutting of Medicare
and even more tax cuts for his wealthy cronies. Damn you, Mother
Nature!

Even the media has stepped it up, taken off the kid gloves and begun
hurling angry, pointed questions at BushCo for the first time in four
years, ever since we muzzled them with one part threat and one part
Rove and all parts corporate stranglehold. Hell, the damn media was on
the ground in New Orleans within 24 hours of Katrina, beating our
untrained monkeys from FEMA by three days. Who the hell do they think
they are?

Ain't it a bitch? And now there are those who say the impermeable
fortress o' pain known as the GOP might just lose the South next
election due to its obvious lack of care for the lower classes, unless
we can somehow scare them poor people into not voting again, or tell
them if they vote Democrat they won't get any health care or food
stamps or relief money or any of Barbara Bush's patronizing
rich-grandma cookies. Hey, it worked last time.

So goes the GOP lament. Of course, it's not all bad (they say). Hell,
the oil companies are as giddy as schoolgirls at being able to falsely
jack up prices to over whopping 70 bucks a barrel, despite a recent
(temporary) glut of supply. Halliburton is squealing like Jenna Bush at
a kegger at scoring the contract to help rebuild New Orleans'
infrastructure thanks to the fact that the former head of FEMA is now a
Halliburton lobbyist, and the GOP plan to decimate FEMA and militarize
emergency efforts is going -- pardon the pun -- swimmingly.

But something has shifted. Something is ugly and toxic in the water.
This is what, I imagine, the GOP overlords are asking each other over
cocktails and baby seal kabobs and whale-blood transfusions: Do you
think the people are finally beginning to sense it? Are they finally
waking up? You think they know that the fact that Bush is finally
taking a modicum of responsibility for his administration's failure --
something he never, never does -- is a sign of true GOP desperation? Do
you think they recognize that BushCo isn't really spending a dime on
Katrina relief, that the $52 billion they just crammed through Congress
without any discussion isn't actually going toward repairs and
rebuilding at all?

You think people sense that all of it, every single dime, is going
toward -- you guessed it -- PR? Spin control? You know it's true. Every
government truck and every National Guardsman and every aid package and
every miserable FEMA agent you see is merely in place to try and shore
up Bush's miserable poll numbers, his dwindling support. Hell, it's the
only reason Bush -- or his party -- does anything for the "good" of the
nation.

But holy crap, it sure is expensive. It sure is annoying. It sure takes
the GOP off its game of warmongering and finger-pointing and padding
the pockets of the rich and pulverizing the economy like a ... like a
... yes, OK, like a hurricane. Damn you, Mother Nature.

Morford expects far too much from Katrina. The sheeple will get back in
line and once again do as they're told very quickly. Those who don't
believe that God's Plan for the United States centers around a far
right theocracy will at least dutifully repeat that "There's light at
the end of the tunnel, and we'd be so much worse off with the Democrats
in charge." Count on it.

Watch for the GOP to net an additional 3 seats in the Senate next year,
and increase its majority in the house. This is a new day, when a
political party does not rise and fall with the poll numbers of the
point man, but rather depends on the vitality of its spin machine and
the complacency and/or control of the media.
We haven't seen any more effective control and manipulation of the
media since the
heydays of communism and nazism, and the media is now so much more
intensely present in all aspects of life that it is propaganda, not
policy or debate, that shapes the future of the US.

The GOP is alive and well. Within two weeks, most people will be
marvelling at the low death toll and congratulating Bush on a job well
done.......(forgetting entirely that the FEDGOV sat on the sidelines
and didn't do any job at all for several days afer the flood began).
While sloganeering "Remember 9-11" and marching with "Support Our
Troops" signs, the majority will soon turn on the Democrats for daring
to try to use a national calamity to advance their political position.
Just watch. Few things are as rare as "common" sense.

b'asskisser, Moore, krause, and now Gould!

Should the President have disregarded the Posse Comitatus Act?

Should he have invaded NO using the Insurrection Act?

Or should he have just disregarded the shooters and sent in the unarmed
FEMA
folks to the Superdome and Convention Centers where the local government
wanted
to let folks die?
--
John H

I guess I don't really know, but none of those questions relates to my
opinion that the newspaper columnist is wrong about Katrina damaging
the long-term propects for the GOP. Aging people become increasingly
self centered, cautious, financially reluctant (particularly when
retired on a fixed income), and nervous about security. You guys have a
lock for another 25-30 years. Don't worry. :-)

Starbuck's wrote:
Gould,

You have never responded to my posts about the importance of local and st=

ate
governments being the front line defense in emergency situations. Did you
rethink your position and decide it is important that all local and state
governments learn from the disaster so it does not happen in another area?

We need to make sure the mistakes of New Orleans, Louisiana and FEMA are =

not
repeated. If we focus all of our attention on FEMA and Bush, it is for
political gain, and not because anyone is really interested in correcting
the problem.

Since you did not respond, I had the feeling you agreed your original
position was made in haste.

You apparently missed my observation that when an entire region is
wiped out the local and state governments often lose the resources
required to muster an effective response and that's exactly why help
needs to be brought in from the outside. (That and the fact that
somebody needs to coordinate efforts when the disaster goes beyond the
city limits, the county line, or even an individual state border).

wrote in message
oups.com...

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Printable Version
Email This Article

Mark Morford
Archives
Subscribe to Notes & Errata
Subscribe to RSS Feed
Who is this guy?

--------------------------------------------------------------------=

------------
[...]

glorious, rich-=FCber-alles GOP creed?

[...]

!"

[...]

We torture innocent detainees in Iraq and abuse inmates at Guant=E1n=

[...]

Starbuck's

Gould,

No I didn't miss that response. Since I am not blinded by my political
beliefs, I understand the magnitude of the disaster was substantially
amplified due to the mismanagement of local authorities and the state
authorities. If a city, county or state do not take appropriate action 72
hrs in advance, there is nothing anyone can do to prepare for locals who
refuse to implement a evacuation plan.

I think most people realize FEMA needs to make vast improvements, and
hopefully they will.

Only an biased political hack would expect FEMA to be able to compensate for
the inability of local and state agencies to implement an effective
evacuation plan. That would be similar to me pouring gas all over my home,
setting it on fire, and then yelling at the fire dept. because my home
burned to the ground.

Since I have always assumed you were not a biased political hack, I thought
you might have reconsidered your position about placing all the blame on
FEMA. We should be worried about having an organization made up of local,
state and national agencies to protect us from natural or man made disaster.
It is not acceptable to say, yeah, I might have screwed up, by why didn't
you realize I was too incompetent to implement my evacuation plan.

If we are going to stop further lose of life, all agencies are going to have
to admit their mistakes and take concrete steps to correct these mistakes.

wrote in message
oups.com...

Starbuck's wrote:
[...]

wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
This is good stuff.

By Mark Morford, SF Gate Columnist

Bill McKee

wrote in message
oups.com...

Or should he have just disregarded the shooters and sent in the unarmed
FEMA
folks to the Superdome and Convention Centers where the local government
wanted
to let folks die?
--
John H

I guess I don't really know, but none of those questions relates to my
opinion that the newspaper columnist is wrong about Katrina damaging
the long-term propects for the GOP. Aging people become increasingly
self centered, cautious, financially reluctant (particularly when
retired on a fixed income), and nervous about security. You guys have a
lock for another 25-30 years. Don't worry. :-)

The Republicans have a lock, because the Dem's keep running such **** poor
candidates!

PocoLoco

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 20:09:41 -0400, "Starbuck's"
wrote:

[...]

Chuck's response:

I guess I don't really know, but none of those questions relates to my
opinion that the newspaper columnist is wrong about Katrina damaging
the long-term propects for the GOP. Aging people become increasingly
self centered, cautious, financially reluctant (particularly when
retired on a fixed income), and nervous about security. You guys have a
lock for another 25-30 years. Don't worry. :-)

Perhaps we need a "Can't Handle the Problem Act" whereby the governors
immediately transfer operational control of all assets to the FEDGOV. The
National Guard units would not be federalized, but the operational control would
rest with FEMA, or whoever the big cheese becomes.

What else should the act contain?
--
John H

wrote:

[...]

A color code, of course. Hell, we've spent billions of dollars on the
new Homeland Security department, and all that we've gotten out of it,
is a color code for terrorism. Still yellow, too.

Starbuck's

JohnH,
That is a scary thought, that we would allow the Fed's to by pass the
Constitution and all state and national laws anytime they think it is
advantageous. I am sure Chuck has rethought his position, and understands
the local and state authorities need to be prepared if he is going to be
protected from natural and manmade disasters.

It is important that we identify those areas where NO and LA and FEMA failed
so everyone can learn and not duplicate those mistakes.

news

Storm jib? Stephen Trapani Cruising 8 May 11th 04 05:10 AM
Ketch storm tatics Joe ASA 56 December 20th 03 11:07 PM
I've weathered many a storm . . . Simple Simon ASA 5 November 26th 03 04:13 AM
what to do in a swamped boat in a storm? pb General 9 August 14th 03 05:33 AM
What to do in a lighting storm while Kayaking? [email protected] General 9 July 30th 03 12:05 PM