Peggie Hall

Default 20 hour maintenance - joke?

Glenn S. wrote:
We just bought a new Baja 242 this season. One of the things that we had
the dealer add as part of the deal was the 20 hour service. Your list
sounds about right for what they did with our boat but it didn't cost us a
dime.

It did...but instead of being an additional out of pocket cost, it's
included in your monthly boat payment, along with everything else you
negotiated into the total price of your boat. If you want to know what
they're really costing you, back 'em out of the amount you financed and
run your boat loan payments without 'em.

Peggie Hall
Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor"
http://www.seaworthy.com/html/get_ri...oat_odors.html

"werlax" wrote in message
om...

I just got the boat back from it's 20 hour maintenance that the dealer
suggested I take in to them to ensure it's done properly. Stupidly, I
didn't ask enough questions at the time. It seems to me that all they
did was change the crankcase oil and gear lube and then, according to
the service guy, checked the trailer, gauges, etc. Everything apart
from changes those two fluids seems to have been a visual inspection.
For under $20 in parts and over $170 in labor, it seems to be a huge
scam. I could have easily changed those fluids myself. Next time
I'll know better. Next step... winterizing. Who should do it?
Thanks!

Lloyd Sumpter

On Sat, 02 Aug 2003 16:27:29 +0000, Kelton Joyner wrote:

What's winterizing?

- making sure the cabin heater works
- changing out the shorts and T-shirts onboard for sweaters, blankets and
heavy-weather gear
- checking the antifreeze
- changing out beer and softdrinks for rum and hot chocolate
- putting on the dodger, bimini, etc if removed
- checking the running lights

Lloyd Sumpter
"Far Cove" Catalina 36

Gfretwell

What's winterizing?

- making sure the cabin heater works
- changing out the shorts and T-shirts onboard for sweaters, blankets and
heavy-weather gear
- checking the antifreeze
- changing out beer and softdrinks for rum and hot chocolate
- putting on the dodger, bimini, etc if removed
- checking the running lights

Lloyd Sumpter
"Far Cove" Catalina 36

Lloyd you forgot the last step ...
... sailing off to somewhere below the 26th parallel!
Lloyd Sumpter

Wow - someone reads my webpages: scary!

The Newer Pages are http://www.user.dccnet.com/lsumpter/Campion and
http://www.user.dccnet.com/lsumpter/Skeeter (my "new" 12ft aluminum skiff
- now repainted blue and grey, with a floor. Looks Sharp!). Oh, and the
mouseboat I built for my Lady: http://www.user.dccnet.com/lsumpter/Lily

The older stuff is at http://members.shaw.ca/lsumpter/boats/ and
http://members.shaw.ca/lsumpter/Stinky/

Seems I've lost the Desolation Sound stuff and the Bayliner "reserrection".

Lloyd Sumpter
"Far Cove" Catalina 36
"Near Cove" Walker Bay 8
"Timmy" Mirrocraft 12
"Miss Lily" Mouseboat 8

On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 02:27:33 +0000, Chad Hansen wrote:

Lloyd,have you updated your web pages lately.I lost the link.I always
enjoyed reading.I followed most of your projects.
thanks,chad
"Gfretwell" wrote in message
What's winterizing?

- making sure the cabin heater works
- changing out the shorts and T-shirts onboard for sweaters, blankets and
heavy-weather gear
- checking the antifreeze
- changing out beer and softdrinks for rum and hot chocolate
- putting on the dodger, bimini, etc if removed
- checking the running lights

Lloyd Sumpter
"Far Cove" Catalina 36

Lloyd you forgot the last step ...
... sailing off to somewhere below the 26th parallel!

Rural Knight

That mouseboat is VERY nifty.

Never quite seen anything like it.

Later,

Tom

Lloyd Sumpter

On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 04:29:26 +0000, Jim wrote:

LLoyd,

You painted the Skeeter? And don't have pics? BTW, did you
ever manage to get that canvas in front to strech enough to snap
it in place?

-Jim

Yup - it's now royal blue and "aluminum" on the outside and two shades of
grey inside - looks sharp! And I've decided not to call it "Skeeter" cuz
there's a bassboat mfr by that name (women and bassboats are two things
I'll NEVER understand!)

I did get the canvas stretched, but haven't used it. The bimini top is
VERY nice though!

Lloyd

frank news

Its that thing they have to do in the high numbered latitudes. Poor
folks can't use thir boats in December.
All the water is covered in, -- what do you call it??-- oh yeah.. ice.

C.F.

Kelton Joyner wrote:

What's winterizing?