Eisboch

Default Fishfinders - 3D or not 3D, that is the question.

"Pig Sick" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks for that, John. I was just going to get a better quality 2D unit
but then I thought, wait a minute, most of the magazine articles I read
are about people using their 2D units fishing over wrecks and banks
that are well-known features to all and sundry in the heavily used
waters they fish, mostly around England. I on the other hand am fishing
in remote, seldom (if ever) fished waters around my home in Scotland
(Google Earth 58degrees 1minute N, 5degrees 26minutes W), and though my
father and grandfather fished these same waters before me, none of us
know that much about the bottom features. The old marks don't seem to
work any more and I need to go prospecting. So, I thought, what better
way than to strap on a 3D? And if I want 2D mode I just flick a switch.
But I seem to be the only one thinking this way, which worries me a
tad.

I may yet come to you for a price for the Matrix 47 - I already got a
GPS.

Iain

I was wondering how this nice, polite and informative discussion popped up
here in wrecked.boats.

Then I noticed the cross-posting. They obviously don't belong here
otherwise they better start calling each other names soon.

Eisboch

PocoLoco

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 19:36:07 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

"Pig Sick" wrote in message
roups.com...
[...]

His location is an island off the coast of Scotland, close to Baden Bay. Looks
pretty on Google Earth.

--
John H

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant: It's just that they know so much that isn't so."

Ronald Reagan