Bert Robbins

Default I Have Met the Enemy ...

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Jeff Rigby wrote:

Harry, a good article that should be explored further.

When I meet or hear a black person who is rigidly racist I have to think
about what they must have gone thru in their life to turn them thus. I

then
silently thank god for the black men who have risen above the resentment

and
hate. They have had a positive impact on us.

When I hear a Liberal who is foaming at the mouth I have a hard time
understanding what they have gone thru. Nor does their retoric provide

any
solutions to the real life problems they are protesting against.

The marine that went balistic at the poor man and woman who were

peacefully
demonstrating I can understand because I have been thru some of the

same
history. Thousands were killed needlessly in Vietnam because of

POLITICS in
this country. It's starting again. A war that is nessasary for the

long
term safety of the world is being turned into a political football.

There's no evidence the war Bush is waging will ensure the long term
safety of anything.

If you would clear your mind of your hatred of Pres. Bush you might be able
to see clearly enough to understand that we are in a war for our national
and western cultural survival.

\ That's
treasonous behaviour provided they understand the necessity for the war.

Bull****.

Really? Are you too stupid to see what is going on beyond our shores?

There is the problem, rising above the "Bush hate" to understand the
reasoning. I can see it because I have been paying attention. It was
easier for me because I wasn't a "Hater" and by temperment I am a person

who
asks why. The problem is Saudi Arabia but the solution is complicated
because we can't endanger the worlds oil supplies.

Jack Goff

"Bert Robbins" wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
There's no evidence the war Bush is waging will ensure the long term
safety of anything.

Really? Are you too stupid to see what is going on beyond our shores?

Harry's too stupid to see what's going on beyond his next google for "Bush".
He's mesmerized by his hate.

Jack

Doug Kanter

"Bert Robbins" wrote in message

If you would clear your mind of your hatred of Pres. Bush you might be

able
to see clearly enough to understand that we are in a war for our national
and western cultural survival.

Too bad you didn't catch Zinni's interview today on NPR. Clue: Al Qaeda has
no shortage of new volunteers, most of whom are NOT religious loonies. Can
you guess why they want to get involved?

Harry Krause

Jeff Rigby wrote:

[...]

There is no evidence whatsoever that Bush's War will have any positive
impact on our survival or that of "western" culture.

Your posit is just the latest in the never-ending string of
rationalizations for idiot Bush's warmongering in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Furthermore, I find nothing of value in the Bush or neocon philosophy of
how the United States or "the world" should be, in terms of what
survives or what is of value. What I see in Bush and the neocons is a
new, world-wide, fascist order which the United Stetes "rules" for a
short time through military action, threats of military action, and
various nefarious efforts to prop up pseudo-democracies that play ball
with "the" vision.

Such an empire is inherently evil and will not last long.
NOYB

Default Noybby Visits California

I can empathize with Mr. ex-Navy. There's no reasoning with people like Ms.
Kneisler because they lack logic and reason. It's like trying to debate
with a 2 year old. However, you don't get angry with the two year old,
because he/she doesn't know any better. A grown woman like Ms. Kneisler
should know better...and that's where the frustration sets in.

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Published on Friday, May 28, 2004 by CommonDreams.org
I Have Met the Enemy ...
by Patricia Kneisler

For the first time ever in my life, I had someone threaten to kill me
tonight. He was nearly apoplectic with rage, screaming curses, his finger
right in my face, his eyes slits of venom. Ex-Navy lifer, I gathered.
Probably in his late 50's. Beer belly. A person so devoid of humanity I

was
stunned.

Good lord, you might ask. What on earth did you, a 52 year old

professional
woman, do to provoke that?

All I did was exercise my duty as a very concerned citizen in what I

thought
was America. I stood silently out on the sidewalk in my California town

with
a sign in each hand. One sign showed a tally of the number of Iraqi

civilian
dead from the Iraq Body Count website . the other the number of coalition
soldiers dead to date. This is my regular Thursday night gig, something

I've
done every week for 14 months now.

In fact, it was early in the vigil . so early that my retired friend Tom

and
I were the only ones there. That's when the car whipped over to the curb
directly in front of us and Mr. Ex-Navy got out and came around to

confront
us.

"I want to tell you both something," he began belligerently .

To which Tom replied smoothly, "Oh, good . please do."

"I served in the Navy for 27 years. Served in Viet Nam. And it's f**cking
jerks like you who got a lot of good men KILLED over there!"

And that was just the warm up. He had plenty more where that came from.

Mind you, I'd heard of people like this . fellow Americans who firmly
believe things that reasonable, charitable and empathetic people simply
could not with any sense of decency believe. But in my sheltered

existence,
I had never actually met one face to face, much less been on the receiving
end of one's wrath.

Well, I thought . I have my talking points ready. I know my arguments.

We'll
just address one issue at a time here.

That's when I heard him thunder that old bromide, "Three thousand people
died in the World Trade Center!!"

Aha . I knew what to say to that. I showed him the sign with the dead

Iraqi
civilians on it . those 11,000 some odd souls who have died because we
invaded their country. "But these people had nothing whatsoever to do with
the World . "

He made a dismissive gesture and said, "So what."

"Huh? We're talking 11,000 human beings here ."

"You don't get it, do you? You people really don't get it. These -

people -
are - MUSLIMS!"

"So?"

"They are MUSLIMS! They want to kill us all. If they were over here now

they
'd slit your throat and RAPE you!"

"Bull****," I said through tightening lips.

"MUSLIMS are the ENEMY," he spit.

"Bull****," I said again.

It went on. More of the same . a spewing forth of such ignorance and
delusion as I have ever heard. People like Tom and I were ruining this
country with our protest . ruining it. We were worse than filth. We ought

be locked up.

The man took enough of a breath for Tom to get a word in edgewise. "What
about the Constitution?"

"**** the constitution! I WILL NOT LET YOU PEOPLE DESTROY MY COUNTRY! I

WILL
NOT LET YOU!"

"No," I replied. "It is us who will not let YOU destroy our country. We -
will - not - let - you." Well, OK, I called him an asshole, too. Tom is my
witness. I thought of those 11,000 innocent dead Iraqis and I called him

an
asshole.

As he finally stormed back around to the driver's side of his car, a
shouting match ensued (not on Tom's part . I'm afraid he was the only

adult
in the group). And then came the parting shot:

"Bush will win in a LANDSLIDE. And if he doesn't, WE know where to find

you.
WE can take care of you. WE can make sure you don't EVER **** with this
country again."

Yes, people say that to one another these days in . where was it that I
thought I lived? America? The land of Thomas Jefferson? Of mom and apple
pie? Of noble, lofty principles? Of goodness, sweetness and light?

That's when I thought of Abu Ghuraib. In fact, the pictures seemed to

flash
like a slide show through my brain, one after another. Grinning, leering
Americans torturing human beings stripped of every shred of their humanity
in the eyes of their torturers.

And I understood. Mr. Ex-Navy would have fit right in.

I met the dark underbelly of America tonight. I really did meet the enemy.
And he really is

P.Fritz

"NOYB" wrote in message
hlink.net...
I can empathize with Mr. ex-Navy. There's no reasoning with people like

Ms.
Kneisler because they lack logic and reason. It's like trying to debate
with a 2 year old. However, you don't get angry with the two year old,
because he/she doesn't know any better. A grown woman like Ms. Kneisler
should know better...and that's where the frustration sets in.

She probably does, but it is all politics......11,000 deaths, as she cites,
would equal between 88 and 158 days of deaths of innocents that Hussein
averaged. (depnding on whois doing the count) In reality, the US, in the
last year, has saved up to 35,000 in the last year

[...]

Doug Kanter

"P.Fritz" wrote in message

"NOYB" wrote in message
hlink.net...
I can empathize with Mr. ex-Navy. There's no reasoning with people like

Ms.
Kneisler because they lack logic and reason. It's like trying to debate
with a 2 year old. However, you don't get angry with the two year old,
because he/she doesn't know any better. A grown woman like Ms.

Kneisler
should know better...and that's where the frustration sets in.

She probably does, but it is all politics......11,000 deaths, as she

cites,
would equal between 88 and 158 days of deaths of innocents that Hussein
averaged. (depnding on whois doing the count)

So, that makes it OK to kill. I understand.

In reality, the US, in the
last year, has saved up to 35,000 in the last year

Where DO you girls come up with that 35,000 number? It's been bantied around
here by other Borg in the past.

DSK

P.Fritz wrote:
She probably does, but it is all politics......11,000 deaths, as she cites,
would equal between 88 and 158 days of deaths of innocents that Hussein
averaged. (depnding on whois doing the count) In reality, the US, in the
last year, has saved up to 35,000 in the last year

If that were a good moral justification for invading Iraq, then why did
Bush wait 3 years? Why did he not 1- announce as part of his 2000
campaign that he intended to invade Iraq and unseat Saddam Hussein and
2- why did he wait until after Sept 11th?

You're admitting, by this pseudo logic, that the U.S. is complicit in
all Iraqi deaths due to Baathist goon squads. Now let's see you justify
killings & torture by American goon squads.

DSK

Mark Browne

"P.Fritz" wrote in message

"NOYB" wrote in message
hlink.net...
I can empathize with Mr. ex-Navy. There's no reasoning with people like

Ms.
Kneisler because they lack logic and reason. It's like trying to debate
with a 2 year old. However, you don't get angry with the two year old,
because he/she doesn't know any better. A grown woman like Ms.

Kneisler
should know better...and that's where the frustration sets in.

She probably does, but it is all politics......11,000 deaths, as she

cites,
would equal between 88 and 158 days of deaths of innocents that Hussein
averaged. (depnding on whois doing the count) In reality, the US, in the
last year, has saved up to 35,000 in the last year

much snipage

Hmmm,

I think your numbers may not tell the whole story.

How much of the Saddam death toll is the folks we left twist in the wind
after they thought we would support them in thier uprising?

Further, how many Iraqi deaths were due to fallout from the brutal embargo?

Mark Browne

Harry Krause

Mark Browne wrote:
"P.Fritz" wrote in message

"NOYB" wrote in message
rthlink.net...

[...]

Shhhh...don't bring up stuff like that...it confuses them.