Bryan wrote:
Wait! I know how to make this on topic. Do you ever start your boating day
with Krispy Kremes?

Krispy Kreme donuts are a relatively new item in my part of California.
I'm watching _That 70's Show_ and a box of Krispy Kreme donuts appears.

Have Krispy Kreme donuts been around a long time east of California (that's
my guess) or was it out of place as a 1970's stage prop?

I used the word prop, so this really is an on topic post; really, it is.

Not in Wisconsin!

Bill McKee

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 05:22:56 GMT, "Bill McKee"
wrote:

Tom, states they use wax additives to make shiny chocolate. Just an aside
for him. I don't eat chocolate donuts. The chocolate always tastes
phoney.

Any donut you eat has wax and the solvents to go with it.

Like jelly donuts?

BBBAAWWWAAAHHHHAAAA!!! :)

I like raised, glazed donuts. Jelly donuts have always set my teeth on
edge, so I do not eat them. Best donuts were at Ortman's on Fairmont Ave,
in El Cerrito when I was growing up. $0.06 for donut and a real ice-cream
shake for $0.32.

Don White

wrote:

Tom, states they use wax additives to make shiny chocolate. Just an aside
for him. I don't eat chocolate donuts. The chocolate always tastes
phoney.

Any donut you eat has wax and the solvents to go with it.

Like jelly donuts?

BBBAAWWWAAAHHHHAAAA!!! :)

I like raised, glazed donuts. Jelly donuts have always set my teeth on
edge, so I do not eat them. Best donuts were at Ortman's on Fairmont Ave,
in El Cerrito when I was growing up. $0.06 for donut and a real ice-cream
shake for $0.32.

When did you 'grow up'....during the 'Great Depression'?
P. Fritz

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
link.net...

"Marty" wrote in message

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
link.net...

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 07:47:32 -0400, PocoLoco

wrote:

The warm part is true, which is why God invented microwaves. I live
about half
way between a DD and a KK, but very seldom go to the DD. Actually, I
try to
stay away from both of them!

Microwave day old donuts?

There is so much wax in that frosting, the damn things will
explode!!! :)

I never buy them to bring home! Get the cup of coffee and 2 donut

deal.
Eat them, and do not get donuts for another 6 months. They taste good
that way, and is semi healthy by not over eating sugar and wax.

What does wax have to do with a donut? I made donuts at Winchells's in
San Antonio a few decades back, for a couple of weeks, and I don't

recall
wax being on my list of ingredients.

Tom, states they use wax additives to make shiny chocolate. Just an

aside
for him. I don't eat chocolate donuts. The chocolate always tastes

phoney.

Wax (parrifin [sp?] is added to lots of chocolates.....it makes the
chocolate easier to work with........easier to mold...etc.

Bill McKee

wrote:

Tom, states they use wax additives to make shiny chocolate. Just an
aside
for him. I don't eat chocolate donuts. The chocolate always tastes
phoney.

Any donut you eat has wax and the solvents to go with it.

Like jelly donuts?

BBBAAWWWAAAHHHHAAAA!!! :)

I like raised, glazed donuts. Jelly donuts have always set my teeth on
edge, so I do not eat them. Best donuts were at Ortman's on Fairmont
Ave, in El Cerrito when I was growing up. $0.06 for donut and a real
ice-cream shake for $0.32.

When did you 'grow up'....during the 'Great Depression'?

I am 62. Inflation was an unacceptable 3.5% when Nixon instituted wage and
price controls. The real excalation of prices did not occur until after
Nixon left. Up until that time, all amendments to a spending bill had to be
germane to the bill. He agreed to the rule change as part of the exit
package. Then Congress (Democratic Party controlled at the time) went to
court and got a ruling that any money bill passed, required that the money
be spent. Up until that time, the Executive branch did not spend all the
money allocated. Got rid of a lot of the pork projects. My $1mm house was
sold new, without pool and addition for $36.5k in 1972. That 17% inflation
during the Carter years, yields a doubling of prices in about 4.2 years.
(rule of 72) We had good penny candy in the 1950's. The donuts were that
price when I was a junior in highschool and I graduated from HS in 1961. If
you were a teacher, you were one of those that did not teach the students
anything worhwhile about finances.

Bert Robbins

"P. Fritz" wrote in message

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
link.net...

wrote:

[...]

True but, it is wrong, very wrong to bespoile cholocate with wax.