Default 1973 Johnson Controls question.. WHAT THE HECK HOLDS THEM ON?

We have a OEM set of johnson controls running our 1973 115 motor.

The friction control arm is broken inside of the controls. Its DAMN
HARD to throttle up forward now. It seems this friction control is
reverse threaded and helps releive tension by moving this arm. The
arm/assmeble is broke so no its extremely hard to move into forward.

We bought another set of parts controls. Same exact controls set. The
cables are relatively easy to remove from the engine. No problem there
but on the controls they seem pressed in! No screws or anything. Cant
get the controls off either one (ours or the parts controls). These
controls are really a pain in the ass to access too. Lots of crap
crammed in the little box. We dont know what we are doing either.

Anyone got any ideas on removing these cables? The ones on our parts
box are too short. Anyone got a parts site or website with aftermarket
controls that would work for us? 1973 Johnson 115.

Cheers,
Nathan