Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Bill McKee

Default Just back from SoCal and boating.

Went to San Diego for a week with stops at the daughters in Long Beach area.
On the way down, used the gift certificate for our anniversary to take a
Gondola Ride through the Naples canals. Cheaper than the Gondolas in
Venice, Italy. Very nice little mini cruise, beautiful weather, some nice
vino from our trip to Italy last October. A local wine from the Cinque Terre
made from raisins. Then down to San Diego and some fishing from the party
boats out of Seaforth Landing to the La Jolla kelp beds. Not much catching.
Some Kayak fishing on Mission Bay, little catching there either. And a
couple of kayak trips without fishing on Mission Bay, with some fish
sighted. A lot of boogie boarding the surf of the Mission Beach area and
some bike rides around the area. Watching the Sea World fireworks at night
from the house. Up to the LA area on the way home to other daughters and a
nice fishing trip to Catalina Island yesterday from Redondo Beach. Lots of
catching. Mostly Mackeral and Calico Bass. A couple of Sheepshead and Kelp
fish. Beautiful 80 degree water and calm seas.