Bryan

Default Do something positive for New Orleans!

http://www.redcross.org/

I know that the rec.boats folks are good people.
Remember to do something to help. Whether it's $5, $10 or $10,000, anything
will help.

Don White

Bryan wrote:
http://www.redcross.org/

I know that the rec.boats folks are good people.
Remember to do something to help. Whether it's $5, $10 or $10,000, anything
will help.

It would have to be some organization other than the Red Cross.
In Canada, they were turfed from the blood collection service after the
'Tainted Blood Scandal'.
Wouldn't be so bad if someone was actually punished for their deeds in
that mess.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/taintedblood/
Bryan

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Don White wrote:
Bryan wrote:
http://www.redcross.org/

I know that the rec.boats folks are good people.
Remember to do something to help. Whether it's $5, $10 or $10,000,
anything will help.

For disaster relief, we prefer giving to The Salvation Army.

It only matters that we each do what we can one way or another.

PocoLoco

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 20:18:00 GMT, Don White wrote:

Bryan wrote:
http://www.redcross.org/

I know that the rec.boats folks are good people.
Remember to do something to help. Whether it's $5, $10 or $10,000, anything
will help.

It would have to be some organization other than the Red Cross.
In Canada, they were turfed from the blood collection service after the
'Tainted Blood Scandal'.
Wouldn't be so bad if someone was actually punished for their deeds in
that mess.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/taintedblood/

Try this one, Don. It's a religion based organization, but don't let that stop
you. They do a lot of good.

http://www.salvationarmyusa.org/USNSAHome.htm
--
John H

*JimH*

wrote:

Bryan wrote:
http://www.redcross.org/

I know that the rec.boats folks are good people.
Remember to do something to help. Whether it's $5, $10 or $10,000,
anything
will help.

It would have to be some organization other than the Red Cross.
In Canada, they were turfed from the blood collection service after the
'Tainted Blood Scandal'.
Wouldn't be so bad if someone was actually punished for their deeds in
that mess.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/taintedblood/

Try this one, Don. It's a religion based organization, but don't let that
stop
you. They do a lot of good.

http://www.salvationarmyusa.org/USNSAHome.htm
--
John H

The Red Cross burned us during 9-11 but have cleaned up their act since
then.

BTW: It looks like our friends up north are really pitching in with
supplies and money....thanks Canada. ;-)

Don White

wrote:

Bryan wrote:

[...]

With any luck, our gov't will do what it did for the Asian countries.
For every dollar donated, the gov't matched. It really made any donation
worthwhile.
PocoLoco

On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 18:58:36 -0400, "*JimH*" wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Bryan wrote:
[...]

Amen to that! Another "Thank You" for Canada.
--
John H

Bryan

"PocoLoco" wrote in message
On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 18:58:36 -0400, "*JimH*" wrote:

. ..
wrote:

Bryan wrote:
[...]

I don't know who, or who isn't, helping us out, but I'm sure everyone that
can is doing what they can. So thanks to Canada and everyone else for the
help!

Don White

wrote:

Bryan wrote:

[...]

Here's one example of an organization with close ties to Louisiana who
will be raising money.
A large percentage of the Cajun population originated from the Acadian
Expulsion here in Nova Scotia.
http://www.groutyme.com/en/PRLouisianaHelp.cfm
thunder

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 19:50:44 -0400, PocoLoco wrote:

Amen to that! Another "Thank You" for Canada.

And at least 24 other countries:

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/wa...from_abroa d/

LEAKING: The Superdome in New Orleans Hoodoo Cruising 2 September 6th 05 03:47 PM
More lies from the Bush Administration New Orleans Doug Kanter General 19 September 2nd 05 11:58 PM
LEAKING: The Superdome in New Orleans Hoodoo General 0 August 29th 05 08:51 PM
HAM and SSB Frequencies Bill Cruising 5 August 18th 05 07:58 PM
Proof positive that Canadians are tight wads. :-) LaBomba182 Cruising 6 October 7th 03 03:42 PM