Doug Kanter

Default More lies from the Bush Administration New Orleans

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Bush's flunky director of Homeland Security said a half hour ago that the
situation in the Superdome was under control.

The mayor of New Orleans said just the opposite a couple of minutes ago,
issuing what he called a "desperate SOS" for immediate help there and in
surrounding areas RIGHT NOW.

Who do you believe?

I pick "mayor", and I think it's time for a few deer hunters to be brought
in, in return for free dinner for their families (at some point in the
distant future).

PocoLoco

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 18:39:34 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Bush's flunky director of Homeland Security said a half hour ago that the
situation in the Superdome was under control.

The mayor of New Orleans said just the opposite a couple of minutes ago,
issuing what he called a "desperate SOS" for immediate help there and in
surrounding areas RIGHT NOW.

Who do you believe?

I pick "mayor", and I think it's time for a few deer hunters to be brought
in, in return for free dinner for their families (at some point in the
distant future).

What is under control is the evacuation of the Superdome. Harry assumes he's the
only one who watches CSPAN and can therefore fabricate what appeals to his ilk.
--
John H

P. Fritz

wrote:

[...]

The mayor of NO, and the govenor of La seem to be totally
incompetent.......they are the true problem.

In the meantime, we have the loony left saying things like this

"So why was I thinking of starting a movement against giving aid to the
stricken areas?
Because these are red states. They voted for Bush. These ninnies obviously
wanted these policies, and they deserve to live with the consequences of
their votes.
A large part of me still believes that many of these W-worshipping
numbskulls deserve to suffer and to die. They brought it on themselves. Let
them look to Jayzuss for aid: It's time they stopped leeching off the more
productive blue staters.
(Californians stupidly give much more to the federal government than we
receive from it; the money flows in a very different direction in the red
states.)
So, at least, I started to write. But then (to paraphrase the old song) I
thought I'd better think it out again.
Many of the victims, the ones who have suffered the most, are poor. The
hardest hit were the blue state folk living among the red state maniacs. New
Orleans, we should note, went heavily for Kerry.
And that's why we must help. Although it was very tempting to say otherwise.
But let us make one thing clear: We WILL politicize this issue."
http://www.bradblog.com/archives/00001782.htm

--
John H

P. Fritz

wrote:

[...]

More from the loony left
"This President is never gonna do the right thing. I think somewhere deep
down inside him he takes a lot of joy about losing people, if he thinks they
vote Democrat or if he thinks they're poor, or if he thinks they're in a
blue state, whatever his reasons are not to rescue those people..." -- Air
America's Randi Rhodes

--
John H

PocoLoco

On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 17:37:06 -0400, "P. Fritz"
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

What would one expect? Look around rec.boats.
--
John H

Curtis CCR

P. Fritz wrote:
"P. Fritz" wrote in message

[snip]

But let us make one thing clear: We WILL politicize this issue."
http://www.bradblog.com/archives/00001782.htm

More from the loony left
"This President is never gonna do the right thing. I think somewhere deep
down inside him he takes a lot of joy about losing people, if he thinks they
vote Democrat or if he thinks they're poor, or if he thinks they're in a
blue state, whatever his reasons are not to rescue those people..." -- Air
America's Randi Rhodes

I can put up with some of the Air America types. I even listen to
people like Ed Shultz from time to time (I guess he is not actually
part of the AA network). He's a leftie, but I am OK with him. I think
he actually performs the same way Rush Limbaugh does. The left's
Limbaugh.

But Rhodes is the left's Michael Savage - at least. She regularly
spews bile that goes to the border of being criminal. Wasn't she the
one that ran a radio a skit that ended with MoveOn.org types busting in
a shooting the president with assault rifles or something? I didn't
hear that bit - just heard something about it. But when I do listen to
her, it takes only a few minutes for her to prove what a pathetic ****
she is.

PocoLoco

On 1 Sep 2005 16:37:02 -0700, "Curtis CCR" wrote:

P. Fritz wrote:
"P. Fritz" wrote in message

[snip]

[...]

My two best friends are lefties. We argue, we joke, we both put Bush down (for
various things), and we both put Kerry down (for various things). We don't call
each other names, and we don't take our disagreements to the level of obscene,
irrational hatred exhibited by some on this group.
--
John H

DSK

... Wasn't she the
one that ran a radio a skit that ended with MoveOn.org types busting in
a shooting the president with assault rifles or something? I didn't
hear that bit - just heard something about it.

If true, that would be criminal. Treasonous, IMHO.

OTOH I thought the right-wing calls for the assassination of Clinton
were equally treasonous.

PocoLoco wrote:
My two best friends are lefties. We argue, we joke, we both put Bush down (for
various things), and we both put Kerry down (for various things). We don't call
each other names, and we don't take our disagreements to the level of obscene,
irrational hatred exhibited by some on this group.

You mean, like calling somebody "sick" because he doesn't share your
enthusiasm for bigotry & fascism? Because he doesn't find anything funny
about your imaginary tales about black looters stealing liquor?

I have a number of friends who are Bush supporters. We don't discuss
politics, because they invariably get PO'd at any suggestion that
President Bush isn't perfect & wonderful. OTOH I'm not enthusiastic when
other people begin cutting him down

The political poison has spread, and the infection is doing great harm
to America.

DSK

PocoLoco

PocoLoco wrote:
[...]

Look around, Doug, and see who the poison spreaders are.
--
John H

DSK

PocoLoco wrote:
Look around, Doug, and see who the poison spreaders are.

Well, let's see... is the group who spent tens of millions of dollars
telling lies about a Presidential candidate's military record? Or is it
the party whose candidate served in the military, but avoided the war
and whose records were conveniently lost?

Is it the group who, more than four and a half years later, is *still*
blaming their problems on their predecessor? Is it the group who fought
tooth & nail to prevent many citizens from voting? Is it the group who
thinks it's perfectly OK to lock people up with no evidence, no trial,
and if that's not enough, torture them? Is it the group who insists that
everything is fine & dandy with sending our families off to a war
against terrorism, and then squashes true reporting of the world
terrorism situation because it's not flattering? Is it the group that
talks a lot about accountability & morality, but somehow blames
everything wrong on others, regularly launches vicious character
assassinations (and in some cases talks loudly about real assasination)
as a political ploy, and is currently under investigation for over half
a billion dollars worth of crooked contracting?

I could go on & on, but I think you get the point.

DSK